Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Adam West

Vetting passed!!

In Waiting room now.

Congratulations

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Ron_Mon

So judging by the table on the join PSNI website,
    If nobody has withdrawn, who has not yet been offered the PCA, they have offered the PCA to 585 people.  At least that's a ball park figure to see where the campaign is at.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 ChillFactor

Ron_Mon wrote: »
    So judging by the table on the join PSNI website,
    If nobody has withdrawn, who has not yet been offered the PCA, they have offered the PCA to 585 people.  At least that's a ball park figure to see where the campaign is at.

Yea next batch on Pca should start at 586 and about then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Wild.Wild.West

Does anyone know?

Check the PSNI website

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Two questions:

Is there a difference between ARU and HMSU? If so, what is it?

Is there a dedicated riot police unit, like the Garda Public Order Unit, or is it just the TSG?

Wikipedia is your friend. That should answer your questions hopefully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 CaptainCanary

Vetting passed!!

In Waiting room now.

Congrats WWW. Hopefully the next set of calls see's your phone ringing!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 countrymusic1

Hey guys and gals, got my SMT email today so that is everything passed! What a relief! Now just to get a phone call! I know it has probably already been asked but how much notice do they give?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Daisy04

Hey guys and gals, got my SMT email today so that is everything passed! What a relief! Now just to get a phone call! I know it has probably already been asked but how much notice do they give?
    Well done, got mine too! Have you passed the vetting?

Daisy04 wrote: »
    Well done, got mine too! Have you passed the vetting?
    Well done, such a relief to get the email in black and white. Yes i have passed it also!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Malonegirl96

Our boy ‘h8thew8’ has also claimed a seat with me in the waiting room. Big congrats to him. His boards account is ducked so posting on his behalf lol. Hopefully lots of people getting phone calls come October

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Arniez12

Few guys passing medicals this week also. Congrats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Arniez12

Few guys passing medicals this week also. Congrats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Right Hurry up and get you's in

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Cand1

Hey what's your approx ML number those who have just entered the waiting room?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Malonegirl96

Cand1 wrote: »
    Hey what's your approx ML number those who have just entered the waiting room?
    I’m 250-270 and in the waiting room around a month ago. People up to around 330 ish are now becoming appointable too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Cand1

Thanks. I'm 450-500 with my medical coming up very soon so I've another while yet to wait. Yesterday's email has got me feeling optimistic again though.

My ML is between 100-120

• Registered Users Posts: 36 LKB89

Tom_90 wrote: »
    The email can only be good. Looking forward to my upcoming PCA to hopefully move one step closer! Dread the thought of another AC though in the next campaign.
    It defo is. Good luck with your PCA 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 36 LKB89

Vetting passed!!

In Waiting room now.

Yeaaa buddy ðŸ‘✊ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ Congrats. Delighted for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Ze0tech

My ML is between 100-120

Is there any reason as to why it's taken so long for you country

• Advertisement

Ze0tech wrote: »
    My ML is between 100-120

Is there any reason as to why it's taken so long for you country

Poor choice in music. Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Recruit 6

Whats everyone's thoughts on the email yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Adam261

I don’t think too much of it to be honest,I reckon they’re just letting everyone on the merit list know how far through it they actually are.
    The 1810 merit list will be passed over to PSNI in April 2019 similar to the 1710 campaign.
    So I think they’ll take 1710 intakes up to June,then start taking from the new 1810 merit list in August 2019.
    But that’s just my guess!

Adam261 wrote: »
    I don’t think too much of it to be honest,I reckon they’re just letting everyone on the merit list know how far through it they actually are.
    The 1810 merit list will be passed over to PSNI in April 2019 similar to the 1710 campaign.
    So I think they’ll take 1710 intakes up to June,then start taking from the new 1810 merit list in August 2019.

That's the way it used to be.

1509 was an anomaly in the exhausting of lists. But PSNI seem to be mixing it up, so who knows?

So you don't believe that they will use everyone off the list

Recruit 6 wrote: »
    So you don't believe that they will use everyone off the list

I think they will, it makes sense to after the expense of the recruitment process and the number of officers needed. The email received was positive for those still remaining.

I think they will, it makes sense to after the expense of the recruitment process and the number of officers needed. The email received was positive for those still remaining.

This is the PSNI we are talking about. Expense for recruitment doesn't even come into it. Once in their history of recruitment have the exhausted the list due to many different reasons. No one knows what will ultimately happen. But I hope they do.

This is the PSNI we are talking about. Expense for recruitment doesn't even come into it. Once in their history of recruitment have the exhausted the list due to many different reasons. No one knows what will ultimately happen. But I hope they do.

I agree however budgets have never been tighter or officers been fewer so that’s hope they do.

I agree however budgets have never been tighter or officers been fewer so that’s hope they do.
    Surely if you pass all the managed stages they Aren't going to him them people as they have spent that money on them

• Advertisement

Recruit 6 wrote: »
    Surely if you pass all the managed stages they Aren't going to him them people as they have spent that money on them

This isn't going to sound nice but maybe true.if they can take the top X amount from one list and then the top X amount from the next list in their eyes they will have the best of the best and the rest may get a dear john. But then again I could be talking crap and no-one apart from them actually know what they are going to do. So I'll be ready applying anyways just to make sure I have another go at it.

Advertisement