Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 ChillFactor

Ze0tech wrote: »
    Recruit 6 wrote: »
    Surely if you pass all the managed stages they Aren't going to him them people as they have spent that money on them

This isn't going to sound nice but maybe true.if they can take the top X amount from one list and then the top X amount from the next list in their eyes they will have the best of the best and the rest may get a dear john. But then again I could be talking crap and no-one apart from them actually know what they are going to do. So I'll be ready applying anyways just to make sure I have another go at it.

It’s safe applying for the next one as a back up, let’s just all hope get there. Not sure what’s longer this process or the time Stormont has been empty 😂😂

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Ze0tech wrote: »
    Recruit 6 wrote: »
    Surely if you pass all the managed stages they Aren't going to him them people as they have spent that money on them

This isn't going to sound nice but maybe true.if they can take the top X amount from one list and then the top X amount from the next list in their eyes they will have the best of the best and the rest may get a dear john. But then again I could be talking crap and no-one apart from them actually know what they are going to do. So I'll be ready applying anyways just to make sure I have another go at it.

It’s safe applying for the next one as a back up, let’s just all hope get there. Not sure what’s longer this process or the time Stormont has been empty 😂😂

Here that's funny.

2 campaigns worth of application to first starters might actually be less time than we've been without an executive lol

• Registered Users Posts: 24 countrymusic1

I had to repeat my pca which held me back

• Registered Users Posts: 7 SeB30

Medical passed , just waiting on SMT . I had a query yesterday about my vetting as I had financial problems 5 years ago and ran up credit card bills and had to get an insolvency agreement , does anyone know if this will fail my vetting ?? Horrible to pass everything and fail on errors I made years ago .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Jenniflower

Hi does anyone know percentage you contribute toward pension?

• Advertisement

12.44%

NITA (Danger money) is not taxable but it is liable to National insurance

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Recruit 6

In what part of the month does pca dates be issued can Any one remember

SeB30 wrote: »
    Medical passed , just waiting on SMT . I had a query yesterday about my vetting as I had financial problems 5 years ago and ran up credit card bills and had to get an insolvency agreement , does anyone know if this will fail my vetting ?? Horrible to pass everything and fail on errors I made years ago .

Have they asked you to explain it?

They asked me to mail them the documentation I had on it which I did but no reply !! I’m in the clear for two years now but still worried it will affect my position .

• Advertisement

They asked me to mail them the documentation I had on it which I did but no reply !! I’m in the clear for two years now but still worried it will affect my position .

It’s a good indication they asked you for information. Could have just been a straight fail. Also no news is good news. I was asked for extra information for my family 5 months ago and haven’t heard anything since.

Can it be used to blackmail or coerce you?

If you're in the clear now does that not speak wonders?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Jenniflower

12.44%
    NITA (Danger money) is not taxable but it is liable to National insurance
    Thanks ðŸ˜

Thank you for putting my mind at ease a little . Yes I forgot to put in a birthdate for a sibling and they contacted me around 5 months ago too . They must progress the vetting as you progress through the process .

Thank you for putting my mind at ease a little . Yes I forgot to put in a birthdate for a sibling and they contacted me around 5 months ago too . They must progress the vetting as you progress through the process .

I’m further along that you in the process and still haven’t heard. Just have to sit back and wait

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

As far as I know as long as its discharged you are fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 LKB89

Has the insolvency expired past 3-5 years?

Goonerdee wrote: »

As far as I know as long as its discharged you are fine.
    Thank you . Fingers crossed 🀞

LKB89 wrote: »

It’s was processed 3 years ago and states it only lasts a year so I’m out of it two year but it affects my credit for 5 years . What’s your thoughts ?

From the guidance for applicants...

You will also be referred to the Vetting Panel if you: have outstanding County Court Judgments (CCJs); are subject to a current Individual Voluntary Arrangement (IVA); have been registered bankrupt and your bankruptcy debts have not been discharged. Careful consideration will also be given when a Credit Reference Check reveals you have defaulted on accounts, had credit card, personal loan applications declined or withdrawn, had a default or termination notice issued by a bank or creditor.

• Advertisement

Make sure you have your letter handy stating that you have discharged your debt.

It’s was processed 3 years ago and states it only lasts a year so I’m out of it two year but it affects my credit for 5 years . What’s your thoughts ?

I was looking on the psni website there for you and it said you will be referred to a vetting panel if you are subject to a 'current' IVA. Don't quote me on it, but I think you are in the clear as yours ended 2 years ago. Lots of people get through without brilliant credit ratings. Hope that helps. :)

You will also be referred to the Vetting Panel if you: have outstanding County Court Judgments (CCJs); are subject to a current Individual Voluntary Arrangement (IVA); have been registered bankrupt and your bankruptcy debts have not been discharged. Careful consideration will also be given when a Credit Reference Check reveals you have defaulted on accounts, had credit card, personal loan applications declined or withdrawn, had a default or termination notice issued by a bank or creditor.

Great minds, think alike ðŸ˜

Such a great support network . Thank you all !! Such a process of waiting . Thinking of you all and hope we all get what we’ve set our hearts on .

Such a great support network . Thank you all !! Such a process of waiting . Thinking of you all and hope we all get what we’ve set our hearts on .

If you're worried get all the paperwork ready just incase. Maybe doing something that will help an appeal will make you feel better in the short term.

Although I think you'll be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Peelerwannabe

Hi everyone! Has a thread been started for the 2018 recruitment yet?

Hi everyone! Has a thread been started for the 2018 recruitment yet?

Back at it again? Lol

https://www.boards.ie/b/thread/2057903923/8#108072693

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Peelerwannabe

Oh yes, waiting patiently for the 1st October!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Adam West

Passed Vetting. That should be every box ticked. Next stop GV

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Ze0tech

Adam West wrote: »
    Passed Vetting. That should be every box ticked. Next stop GV

Great news mate. Where are you roughly on the list

Advertisement