Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭KN1231999

Maxi515 wrote: »
    KN1231999 wrote: »
    alright guys try keep it civil, keep it to the question please, no need to dig deeper. Shield will end up closing the thread.

I haven't heard tell of him in a while? It's a shame if he's gone for good. A wealth of info.

Is anyone concerned about resisting a mini IST at the AC given at how close to the line the IST was this time around??
    I'm not too worried about the mini IST, just maintain full focus while we do it. And yeah hopefully shield pops by for us just before the AC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

Not too worried about the mini IST as there isn't a "pass" mark. It's just basically to make sure you don't go from getting 80% with 2minutes of spare time to running out of time with a 40% score. Just an example.

I hope there's some of you lads or ladies at my AC date

When I was on a trai ing course for the IST. I was the only person in the class of 25/30ish that was on boards. The rest had never even heard of it. The A.C. is very small numbers so probably a very low chance you'll meet someone who is an active member and no just a locker.

When I was on a training course for the IST. I was the only person in the class of 25/30ish that was on boards. The rest had never even heard of it. The A.C. is very small numbers so probably a very low chance you'll meet someone who is an active member and not just a lurker.

• Advertisement

NiK9 wrote: »
    When I was on a training course for the IST. I was the only person in the class of 25/30ish that was on boards. The rest had never even heard of it. The A.C. is very small numbers so probably a very low chance you'll meet someone who is an active member and not just a locker.
    Really? Wow. I guess I'm just gonna have to pray and just talk to as many people as possible and see! Haha :)

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

Really? Wow. I guess I'm just gonna have to pray and just talk to as many people as possible and see! Haha :)

You're allowed to talk about everything but the AC on the day! Haha. Last time around there was like a wee break/common room, between role plays. Although, last time there was multiple locations, I'm not sure about this time around.

Maxi515 wrote: »

You're allowed to talk about everything but the AC on the day! Haha. Last time around there was like a wee break/common room, between role plays. Although, last time there was multiple locations, I'm not sure about this time around.
    Probably is you know, deffo gonna be going around talking to people, you will know who I am I have a motor mouth haha :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Slo85

NiK9 wrote: »
    When I was on a trai ing course for the IST. I was the only person in the class of 25/30ish that was on boards. The rest had never even heard of it. The A.C. is very small numbers so probably a very low chance you'll meet someone who is an active member and no just a locker.

Same here. I went to a course for the IST and I was the only person who knew about the boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

Adam261 wrote: »
    Hi guys,i've been lurking on here for a while so i've finally decided to take the plunge!I really appreciate all the useful advice on here.

What i would say though is it might surprise you guys that there are very differing perspectives regrading the legacy of the RUC,and they arent all as great as you might hope.
    The RUC did a fantastic job of demonising themselves on 5th October 1968 when they battoned civil rights marchers off the streets of Derry, and remember the Provos didnt even exist at that point and Sinn Fein wouldnt appear for another 15 years.

I understand that there were a great number of RUC officers who found themsleves doing a difficult job in very difficult times, but the actions of a significant minority of biggoted officers have tarnished the reputation of the RUC in the eyes of even moderate middle class Nationalists.

Great first post guy!!
    :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Waiting88

Kn1231999 - I also am using alternatives for my education. I am using a btec for two so I’m hoping it will be ok. I put in the application form with exactly what education I have so I assume it would have been rejected at that point?

Kn1231999 - I also am using alternatives for my education. I am using a btec for two so I’m hoping it will be ok. I put in the application form with exactly what education I have so I assume it would have been rejected at that point?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Mod post:

Guys, can we please keep this thread for matters only relating to the 1710 Campaign? It's gotten way too political of late. We need to keep this on topic.

Thanks,

-Shield.

Anyone who has been to the assessment centre before, can you give a rough idea of how many people attend on the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Chucky1011

Slo85 wrote: »
    Anyone who has been to the assessment centre before, can you give a rough idea of how many people attend on the day?
    About 15/20 if I remember correctly !

Chucky1011 wrote: »

Great. Thank you. I was imagining there to be 50+.

Has it always been a 5 hour day?

Has it always been a 5 hour day?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 4th time lucky

Anyone else who didn’t pass hoping they drop the pass score to 30? Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

It doesn't matter l, no group assessments or discussions. Just focus on yourself and you'll be grand

• Advertisement

Waiting88 wrote: »
    I think we should be fine bud, for me I have 2 AS's to substitute a GCSE that isn't one of the essentials can't see a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Rossco22

Curious to see if anyone else is up this month as well for AC?

It doesn't matter l, no group assessments or discussions. Just focus on yourself and you'll be grand

Thank you.

Rossco22 wrote: »

Kinda shocked at the amount of notice. No time for me to over think everything.

If you look at psni frequently asked questions it tells you all you need. All is grand as long as you have English and maths gcse or equivalent then a level ect is ok for the others

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Rossco22

Big time, can't believe how quick the turnaround is. Has there been any word of Physical being pushed back? Surely couldn't maintain the originally intended timescale now?

Big time, can't believe how quick the turnaround is. Has there been any word of Physical being pushed back? Surely couldn't maintain the originally intended timescale now?

Not that I’ve heard. My impression is they want this campaign moving as quickly as possible. Vetting forms are being posted before some have even done A/C. I hope it is quick and not like previous campaigns where it takes well over the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭MayDupname

Waiting88 wrote: »
    I think we should be fine bud, for me I have 2 AS's to substitute a GCSE that isn't one of the essentials can't see a problem

I'm educated to a post-grad level and had to spend time and money to get my original GCSE certificates. Nearly didn't make the deadline. No substitutions were accepted as it was 5 GCSE's they required. This was for the 1509 campaign so things may have changed this time around. All the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 4th time lucky

Just re read the GCSE info unless your A levels are in Maths & English you do not have the required qualifications ie maths & English required separate
    Sorry to burst anyone’s bubble you can read it for yourself on the guidance

• Advertisement

Chucky1011 wrote: »

Great. Thank you. I was imagining there to be 50+.

Drop that number drastically. During last last a.c. there were single digits as some didn't turn up and some were sent away because didn't have right qualifications or didn't bring certificates/I'd etc.

Guys/girls just remember it's your job to bring the originals and the photocopies. They won't photocopy them for you.

Advertisement