Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭spasticator

Ze0tech wrote: »
    Whooo whoop! Vetting passed just waiting on smt....much excite

Well done spasticator. Vetting before SMT that some going.where are you roughly on the merit list. Just wondering where they are.

Thank-you! I’m between 400-420 on the list. Hopefully hear back from smt this week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Malonegirl96

Recruit 6 wrote: »
    Does anyone know roughly when the next calls will be made for November intake
    Fairly soon

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Ze0tech

Thank-you! I’m between 400-420 on the list. Hopefully hear back from smt this week

Thanks. Not to far away now

• Registered Users Posts: 27 mwat17

Been lurking again as I am pretty far down the list (in the 600 numbers) so naturally feeling a bit outside of the process as I'm sure others are.

Emailed PSNI regarding their policy on laser eye surgery since it isn't on their website...I remember a few asking here about that too.

Trying to keep up training for PCA as I still wait for a date...feels like it'll never come about sometimes! Worried I'll be pushed back even further after Oct recruitment, but I guess that why it's even more important to re-apply. Well done to all who have passed some/all of the stages so far!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 cazzie23

mwat17 wrote: »
    Been lurking again as I am pretty far down the list (in the 600 numbers) so naturally feeling a bit outside of the process as I'm sure others are.

Emailed PSNI regarding their policy on laser eye surgery since it isn't on their website...I remember a few asking here about that too.

Trying to keep up training for PCA as I still wait for a date...feels like it'll never come about sometimes! Worried I'll be pushed back even further after Oct recruitment, but I guess that why it's even more important to re-apply. Well done to all who have passed some/all of the stages so far!

Well done for making it on the list and you’re doing the best thing by keeping your training. There will be no harm applying again in October, keep your options open and you have the experience of the last AC to work on.
    For laser eye info, go to the psni recruitment page and under the medical and substance misuse section if gives you information regarding laser eye surgery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 mwat17

cazzie23 wrote: »

Well done for making it on the list and you’re doing the best thing by keeping your training. There will be no harm applying again in October, keep your options open and you have the experience of the last AC to work on.
    For laser eye info, go to the psni recruitment page and under the medical and substance misuse section if gives you information regarding laser eye surgery.

Thank you Cazzie! All true. It's the IST's I dread most of all to be honest!

You are the second person to say this but I still cannot find any section for laser eye surgery. The only info on Join Psni is about what eyesight level is required. Nothing about a policy on laser eye surgery so I'm not sure why I can't see it (excuse the pun). I remember seeing a while back about needing to be 6 months post laser eye surgery before they accept your eyesight, it may have been for another Police application but I'm not sure. That's why I have emailed them to check. I can see myself turning up 3 weeks post op and then them telling me they can't accept my eyesight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 cazzie23

mwat17 wrote: »
    cazzie23 wrote: »

Thank you Cazzie! All true. It's the IST's I dread most of all to be honest!

You are the second person to say this but I still cannot find any section for laser eye surgery. The only info on Join Psni is about what eyesight level is required. Nothing about a policy on laser eye surgery so I'm not sure why I can't see it (excuse the pun). I remember seeing a while back about needing to be 6 months post laser eye surgery before they accept your eyesight, it may have been for another Police application but I'm not sure. That's why I have emailed them to check. I can see myself turning up 3 weeks post op and then them telling me they can't accept my eyesight!

I have copied the info over for you...

If I get laser eye surgery will I meet the eyesight standards to join the PSNI?

Laser eye surgery is usually very successful and is not a barrier to recruitment provided that:
    There are no complications.
    The operation corrects visual acuity to meet the PSNI eyesight standard.
    Recovery is rapid and PSNI do not have strict post-surgery time limits for considering your application. As a general rule the PSNI like to see stable vision for about 3 months with no side effects (post-op) before offering a candidate employment. The candidate simply has to meet the standard when they present for medical. We cannot offer advice on the variety of laser eye surgery options available.

Don’t worrying about the IST to much..it’s good common sense, google practice examples. Good luck in the coming months

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 tatiebeans27

Hi all, I'm now on the waiting list woohoo!!! Has anyone had any November calls yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Wild.Wild.West

Hi all, I'm now on the waiting list woohoo!!! Has anyone had any November calls yet?

Why’s your ML range

Other than people who deferred etc no November calls yet. Where are you roughly on the list?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 ChillFactor

Anyone between 270 - 330 still waiting on vetting?

Im between 1-100, so I'm keeping everything crossed I hear something soon! So excited!

Im between 1-100, so I'm keeping everything crossed I hear something soon! So excited!
    Flip did you have loads of delays?

I broke the first bone I've ever broken in my life (and the smallest one you could break) 4 weeks before my medical and it hadn't completely healed:(  appealed that and had a recent review and now I'm good to go! Do they appoint based on your place in the m/l now?

I broke the first bone I've ever broken in my life (and the smallest one you could break) 4 weeks before my medical and it hadn't completely healed:(  appealed that and had a recent review and now I'm good to go! Do they appoint based on your place in the m/l now?
    yea they will do, i assume if your appointable you will be first called

Aw at least you’re sorted now though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Tom_90

Had a wee go at the very recent PCA familiarisation. My advice to anyone who hasn't done it yet is train for it. It's harder than you would imagine in my opinion. Asked a few others there about boards but no one seemed to of heard of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Recruit 6

Tom_90 wrote: »
    Had a wee go at the very recent PCA familiarisation. My advice to anyone who hasn't done it yet is train for it. It's harder than you would imagine in my opinion. Asked a few others there about boards but no one seemed to of heard of it.
    Where in the ml range are you mate

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Tom_90

Mid 500s

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭spasticator

Wats up everyone. Re. Processing candidates to GV....

I understand they process people in merit list order, however (hypothetically); if someone at ML600 has passed everything ahead of say everyone say 400-599, would that person get to GV sooner?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Coco2070

I understand they process people in merit list order, however (hypothetically); if someone at ML600 has passed everything ahead of say everyone say 400-599, would that person get to GV sooner?
    I would say if they needed the numbers to fill a class to meet a start date in GV they probably would. However, if it was the last class of the campaign I don’t think it would be very fair.

I would say yes

I would say yes
    Yes defo. It all depends on who is appointable to fill the class. If someone 500 was ready before say a 470 when calls go out they would get a place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Busdriver123

Anyone 400-430 got their smt result yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Coco2070

I’m 430-440 and no word on smt or vetting yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Ze0tech

Coco2070 wrote: »

I'm right and close to you.prob have met you at PCA. Still no SMT here either. Still a week or two away. Vetting couldn't be far away either.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Mrmagooo

I’m under 370 and still waiting on vetting. Anyone else in the same boat?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Busdriver123

Coco2070 wrote: »
    No news is good news. Apparently 😣

Advertisement