Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Coco2070

The wait is becoming painful!! Any of you folk just Over the 400 mark applying for the new campaign?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Busdriver123

Coco2070 wrote: »
    The wait is becoming painful!! Any of you folk just Over the 400 mark applying for the new campaign?
    Not planning to, I'm between 400-420.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Ze0tech

As a back up. Definitely. You not in until your in!!

Can I ask why.there are no guarantees here even tho your in the early 400s

Ze0tech wrote: »

As a back up. Definitely. You not in until your in!!

Same as that. You just don’t know what could happen.

• Advertisement

Ze0tech wrote: »

Can I ask why.there are no guarantees here even tho your in the early 400s
    True, can't do any harm I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Cand1

When do you guys/girls around the 400-450 mark expect to start in GV assuming no untoward delays? I'm just behind that and there's not a day goes passed where I'm trying to work it out.

Cand1 wrote: »
    When do you guys/girls around the 400-450 mark expect to start in GV assuming no untoward delays? I'm just behind that and there's not a day goes passed where I'm trying to work it out.

I'd love it to be this year but at this point it hard to tell as I've no idea how many people are in the "waiting room". So I'd say start of next year maybe. But like everything else it's just a guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Hard to say but focusing on start dates will stress you out and eat you up.

Just have to try your best and get on with life.

Book the holiday. Apply for that job. Go for that promotion.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Cand1

It's not stress at all. Its excitement. I've passed my medical and completed online learning so its just SMT and vetting to finalise. I'm remaining optimistic to be in around March so I'll not be booking any hols for summer 19.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

It's not stress at all. Its excitement. I've passed my medical and completed online learning so its just SMT and vetting to finalise. I'm remaining optimistic to be in around March so I'll not be booking any hols for summer 19.

My mate waited almost 3 years for last campaign and he's the laid back sort. Was stressful after 6 months lol

Anticipation, yes. Stressed, defo not. I’m with Cand1, would love a 2018 start. Realistically, I’m guessing a feb/mar start.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭spasticator

Wats up everyone. Re. Processing candidates to GV....

I understand they process people in merit list order, however (hypothetically); if someone at ML600 has passed everything ahead of say everyone say 400-599, would that person get to GV sooner?

I would say yes
    Yes defo. It all depends on who is appointable to fill the class. If someone 500 was ready before say a 470 when calls go out they would get a place

Thanks , been trying to work out an estimated start date...eager to get going : )

I understand they process people in merit list order, however (hypothetically); if someone at ML600 has passed everything ahead of say everyone say 400-599, would that person get to GV sooner?

I would say yes
    Yes defo. It all depends on who is appointable to fill the class. If someone 500 was ready before say a 470 when calls go out they would get a place

Thanks , been trying to work out an estimated start date...eager to get going : )
    And have you worked out one yet?

I would say yes

I figure March.... I’d say those beginning Oct/Nov have their calls already. No I take during December.

By then those at 250-400 will prob have their managed stages over with and will fit make up the jan, feb and March classes. I’m just waiting on smt now sitting 400-450; so roll on the new year : D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Malonegirl96

I would say yes

I figure March.... I’d say those beginning Oct/Nov have their calls already. No I take during December.

By then those at 250-400 will prob have their managed stages over with and will fit make up the jan, feb and March classes. I’m just waiting on smt now sitting 400-450; so roll on the new year : D
    Nov calls haven’t gone out yet. Only deferred will know if they are starting in nov at the minute. I’m hoping for a nov start myself 😊

I would say yes

Nov calls haven’t gone out yet. Only deferred will know if they are starting in nov at the minute

Oh I see! I’m getting a bit ahead of myself then...sooner to GV the better! : )

I would say yes

Nov calls haven’t gone out yet. Only deferred will know if they are starting in nov at the minute

Oh I see! I’m getting a bit ahead of myself then...sooner to GV the better! : )
    Hopefully a new year start for you though!

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Recruit 6

When is the nov intake calls expected roughly

Recruit 6 wrote: »

From previous calls was it not around the 5th of each month

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Arniez12

Recruit 6 wrote: »

W/C 1st october I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Wild.Wild.West

Need to time to go a bit quicker zZzZzZz . . .

Don't we all. Your due a call soon. Think of us who aren't. All is well lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Wild.Wild.West

Anyone later in the ML get fresh PCA dates? Seems there hasn’t been any ina while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Tom_90

I'm mid 500s and have PCA soon. Think they reached to around 600 with PCA dates. I miss discord,feel out of touch with the whole process. Anyone up for starting a new one?

Time is going so slow :(:(

Time is going so slow :(:(
    It's painstaking ☹

Tom_90 wrote: »
    I'm mid 500s and have PCA soon. Think they reached to around 600 with PCA dates. I miss discord,feel out of touch with the whole process. Anyone up for starting a new one?

I miss it too for a source of information and all things related to the job but it's always going to be dragged down.

If you want to set one up, do it!!!

Just passed smt : ) ...that’s everything now! Rolls on some calls...

• Advertisement

Just passed smt : ) ...that’s everything now! Rolls on some calls...

Me too. Waiting on vetting tho!!! Come on vetting team. Please hurry up

Advertisement