Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Wild.Wild.West

Anyone on here lurking starting in November? We have set up a wee chat for us november to get to know eachother before we start! Now would be a lovely time to join ;)

Any other November intake ones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Arniez12

Arniez12 wrote: »
    Can’t share much info in regards to start dates etc. You’ll find out everything you need to know when you get the call! I’m fairly sure there’s a December squad this year. Just try and keep patient in the waiting room! :)

How do you know there is a Dec squad? Or is that just a guess lol

Is there a Dec squad?

I asked a few questions, and that was one of them. So yeah that’s what I have been told. Sorry about the ‘fairly’ comment, that was making the comment a tad ambiguous.
    Did recruitment tell you that?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Squirrel1234

Can’t share much info in regards to start dates etc. You’ll find out everything you need to know when you get the call! I’m fairly sure there’s a December squad this year. Just try and keep patient in the waiting room! :)

How do you know there is a Dec squad? Or is that just a guess lol

Is there a Dec squad?

I asked a few questions, and that was one of them. So yeah that’s what I have been told. Sorry about the ‘fairly’ comment, that was making the comment a tad ambiguous.
    Did recruitment tell you that?

Yes

There's a intake forecast online and it has a December class included but no January class. Maybe they swapped it round

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 awex

Evening folks!
    Ive been a cheeky wee lurker for the past year and thought it was time to make a profile and throw in an update of my own campaign. Well done to all you peeps who have gotten so far. It's been a long wait eh? lol. My ML position was 520-560. Passed fitness in June and just got my results from the medical last week tho so I'm guessing I'm just waiting on word from the SMT and vetting? Do you get an email from vetting or did you guys ping them an email asking if it was cleared?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Malonegirl96

awex wrote: »
    Evening folks!
    Ive been a cheeky wee lurker for the past year and thought it was time to make a profile and throw in an update of my own campaign. Well done to all you peeps who have gotten so far. It's been a long wait eh? lol. My ML position was 520-560. Passed fitness in June and just got my results from the medical last week tho so I'm guessing I'm just waiting on word from the SMT and vetting? Do you get an email from vetting or did you guys ping them an email asking if it was cleared?

520-560 with a fitness in June you did well ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Autumn1998

Hi guys

Just recently found out about this forum so haven’t fully grasped what’s going on in these threads but I know it’s asked pretty frequent. Can anyone give a rough estimation as to where we are in ML? Seen someone mention the 500 mark however didn’t think it had moved that quick.

Have many people reapplied again for the next recruitment?

Evening folks!

Someone spoofing :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Smirn0ff

There's a intake forecast online and it has a December class included but no January class. Maybe they swapped it round
    Whats this mate? Intake forecast online?

Evening folks!

Evening folks!

Why would I spoof about that? Lol. I did get a good time for my fitness test (well I think I did anyway) so maybe that had something to do with it - who knows

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Evening folks!

Evening folks!

Why would I spoof about that? Lol. I did get a good time for my fitness test (well I think I did anyway) so maybe that had something to do with it - who knows

What was your time?

Also how was your chest after?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 ChillFactor

Evening folks!

Evening folks!

The reason it’s questioned is because if you’re between the ML positions you’ve mentioned then how could you have your pca back in June?

If you were going to troll at least be believable lol you failed, wait another week, start a new username and plough on again, you get us eventually you clown

• Registered Users Posts: 7 bluesnntwos

Recruitment information has been updated on the JoinPSNI Page. Still no change to remaining candidates.

Smirn0ff wrote: »
    It's just a report they done before on costing and within it they have recruitment forecast from 2017 to march 19 however not sure how accurate it is because alot of the classes they forecast contain 31 when in reality they contain 51...I can send you link if you want

Evening folks!

Evening folks!

The reason it’s questioned is because if you’re between the ML positions you’ve mentioned then how could you have your pca back in June?

Awk mate Ive made a mistake lol... my PCA was in August! Feel like such a clamp it hahaha. In my defence, this has all been a blur. Since the results came out! Burying my head in my hands here lol. I can understand why peeps were getting annoyed now...

That said for my ML position I am grateful to get this far I get that I might p*ss a few people off too - it has been a really long wait. But honestly don’t know what is going on in the background with applications or if the ML position is even relevant at this stage

@banterbus: time was between 3:01 and 3:04. It hurt lol but I actually really enjoyed it.

What times did you guys get?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Coco2070

Hi guys, what are your thoughts on the new figures published?
    How far up the list do you think they’ll go now?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭spasticator

Coco2070 wrote: »

As long as they have the budget for it they will use everyone on the list. 30-50 people per month until August 2019 I’d say...and hope ; )

How long does usually take for SMT results to come back guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭spasticator

Mine was 3.5 weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 Coco2070

Coco2070 wrote: »

As long as they have the budget for it they will use everyone on the list. 30-50 people per month until August 2019 I’d say...and hope ; )

Here’s hoping.

Mine was 3.5 weeks
    Thanks lol 3 weeks today fgs

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭shanevendrell

It's just a report they done before on costing and within it they have recruitment forecast from 2017 to march 19 however not sure how accurate it is because alot of the classes they forecast contain 31 when in reality they contain 51...I can send you link if you want

Not all the squads are that big. It's usually two 50ish and three 30ish due to classroom space.

Not all the squads are that big. It's usually two 50ish and three 30ish due to classroom space.
    Think 3 of the 4 sets of calls so far have been intakes of 51 with the other being 31 so maybe increased

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Think 3 of the 4 sets of calls so far have been intakes of 51 with the other being 31 so maybe increased

That report was a projection based on average outputs previously. So as to project potential nrt gain of of police officers upto March 2019

• Registered Users Posts: 43 RDC1234

How long after the PCA is the medical guys?

RDC1234 wrote: »
    How long after the PCA is the medical guys?

It varies for each group, I waited 2 weeks others waited a lot longer

Anymore Nov intake lurkers??

• Registered Users Posts: 24 maybecop18

Looking some advice.
    Since I filled in my vetting forms, my girlfriend has become my fiancee.
    Is that the sort of thing I should disclose to PSNI vetting???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

As long as she was on your forms in the first place as your partner it should be OK. Think you only have to inform them if addresses change or her surname changes.

Advertisement