Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Autumn1998

Been lurking on here for months now. Just got the email today to say they are in my merit pool 600-650. Any guidance as to how quick things progress from here ?? Eeek

Been lurking on here for months now. Just got the email today to say they are in my merit pool 600-650. Any guidance as to how quick things progress from here ?? Eeek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Arniez12

Autumn1998 wrote: »
    Congrats on getting the email! You'll probably get your PCA date next week and your actual PCA will probably be a month from then, then medical 3/4 weeks after that then wait lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 thankuboardies

300-350 Merit list lurker here. Only just managed to activate my account so I could post, sorry! Anybody any idea if it will be the calls at the end of this month or next for my range? Also what are the rough dates they call between? Thanks.

Arniez12 wrote: »
    Congrats on getting the email! You'll probably get your PCA date next week and your actual PCA will probably be a month from then, then medical 3/4 weeks after that then wait lol

Aw thank you! Nerves have kicked in now lol it’s such a long wait tho lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Squirrel1234

300-350 Merit list lurker here. Only just managed to activate my account so I could post, sorry! Anybody any idea if it will be the calls at the end of this month or next for my range? Also what are the rough dates they call between? Thanks.

Probably more likely at the start of November. They can call whenever they want! Just a matter of keeping your phone handy!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭nickolatte94

Yup another lurker here, finally had confirmation yesterday that I’ll be moving through to the psni managed stages.
    My ML position is 690-700, they seem to be getting through the list pretty quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Recruit 6

How close are you to 700 lol

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Njim91

Anyone 700 and above on the ML get emails yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

Njim91 wrote: »
    Anyone 700 and above on the ML get emails yet?

No merit list for PCA is between 600-700 at the minute

• Advertisement

Been sitting thinking about the PCA all week. Thoughts on this? Did many find this challenging? Just I’m not the tallest and worried this probably isn’t going to go in my favour.

Any advice or suggestions from anyone who has completed the PCA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Malonegirl96

Been sitting thinking about the PCA all week. Thoughts on this? Did many find this challenging? Just I’m not the tallest and worried this probably isn’t going to go in my favour.

It’s honestly doable for anyone if you put the effort into training. I’m not very tall and petite and I passed fine and so did a lot of other females I saw. It’s just under 4 mins of maximum effort so give it your all. Work on your cardio with sprints and include some strength training as this will help with elements of the course.

It’s honestly doable for anyone if you put the effort into training. I’m not very tall and petite and I passed fine and so did a lot of other females I saw. It’s just under 4 mins of maximum effort so give it your all. Work on your cardio with sprints and include some strength training as this will help with elements of the course.

Yeah well said. Don’t overthink it, stay focused and just give 110% (as cheesy as that is) for the 4 mins it takes. It’s built for anyone and everyone. People who are tall will have certain challenges during it that shorter people don’t and vice versa. Keep the fitness going, be consistent with it and push yourself as much as you can! Hope it goes well for anyone who still has to do it!

Yeah well said. Don’t overthink it, stay focused and just give 110% (as cheesy as that is) for the 4 mins it takes. It’s built for anyone and everyone. People who are tall will have certain challenges during it that shorter people don’t and vice versa. Keep the fitness going, be consistent with it and push yourself as much as you can! Hope it goes well for anyone who still has to do it!

I’m worried nerves will affect me on the day. I’ve been training hard for it so only can hope for the best and give it my all when the time comes. Fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Ze0tech

I’m worried nerves will affect me on the day. I’ve been training hard for it so only can hope for the best and give it my all when the time comes. Fingers crossed

What people have said bang on. Train hard and try not to make a mistake. It should be comfortable if you have a clean run.

Ze0tech wrote: »

What people have said bang on. Train hard and try not to make a mistake. It should be comfortable if you have a clean run.

Everyone is nervous beforehand. (thought I was going to chunder myself with nerves) You’re all in the same boat. Have a laugh with people beforehand, eat some skittles and have some handy for after. Rely on your nerves in your body in the sense that you’re going to have some serious adrenaline, so you’ll have that going for you. Yeah and try not to make any mistakes and you will fly through it.

I was crazy nervous waiting to go in, but once you get in the hall and you get told to start they go out the window and just go for it

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Coco2070

Anymore insight as to whether or not there will be a December squad heading for GV?

Coco2070 wrote: »
    Anymore insight as to whether or not there will be a December squad heading for GV?

According to recruitment, yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Coco2070

Has anyone received the call for a December start yet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭eslow

So they must be up to around 300 on merit list waiting on calls to start in the next month or two? If 184 have been appointed and 94 are out... and there one class starting a month say... maybe they will hit the 400s come January/ February time... maybe wishful thinking lol

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Mayday26

Hoping the same as you eslow

I'm in the same boat as you guys. Are you both appointable?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭nickolatte94

You guys that are appointable what’s your ML position?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭eslow

Ze0tech wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat as you guys. Are you both appointable?

Medical very soon so after that fingers crossed

eslow wrote: »
    Medical very soon so after that fingers crossed

Have you heard from vetting. That's all I'm waiting on and it's taking ages

• Registered Users Posts: 43 RDC1234

I’ve just passed my medical. Does the vetting follow long after?

RDC1234 wrote: »

I had my medical in August and still have not heard from vetting. It can be wildly different from one individual to another.

RDC1234 wrote: »
    I had my medical in July and got my vetting a week later. Just depends on the individual

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Mayday26

Yes ZeOtech, ready and impatiently waiting

Advertisement