Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭KN1231999

NiK9 wrote: »
    Just checked Royal mail tracker and there is a name and signature. So definatly worth paying for it to be tracked :)
    Ive lost documents before because of not tracknrg postage it's safe to say everything I now post is tracked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Maxi515 wrote: »
    What kind of postage did you use to return the vetting? Special delivery or standard?

The vetting form recommends Recorded delivery. I used Specially delivery instead of recorded because special had a guaranteed delivery date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Robocop2k16

AC done. That was difficult. Not looking forward to my result I can tell you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

Without giving too much detail was there much difference in the length of the IST resit?

Yeah obviously dont want to say too much but I always struggled with the IST aspect and I would say for the re-sit, the shortened length and allocated time for completion is very reasonable. Nothing to worry about

Best to get it done and over with, now for the long wait!

KN1231999 wrote: »

That's it mate, out of my hands now. Just sit tight and await my fate.

12 weeks until results. Seems a long time but it will fly in. 12 weeks of fitness for when the pca dates comes out lol.

12 weeks until results. Seems a long time but it will fly in. 12 weeks of fitness for when the pca dates comes out lol.

• Advertisement

Aye, lifting pints after that performance of mine lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Akwell you can rest easy as you beat me lol sitting here waiting for the 2018 recruitment campaign lol 😂😂😂

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭BlueCop8790

Keep the head up pal, I know it's rich as I've still yet to do the AC but remember it's designed to test you and be difficult, I'd be more worried if I walked out thinking it was easy tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

Last time, I passed and I left feeling rattled. I've been used to assessment centres before. Don't doubt yourself.

Yeah thanks guys. I am my own worst enemy. Fingers crossed

Do we have to take a photocopy of our I'd aswell or just the original? Sorting all my stuff now just to have it ready.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭TW2017

Do we have to take a photocopy of our I'd aswell or just the original? Sorting all my stuff now just to have it ready.
    nah

Just original ID is fine. They just look at it and give it back.

Your ID, Print out of invitation email, printed pro forma with attached photocopies of qualifications and also your original quals. Thats you golden

just wanna get my AC done and sorted, by the way would you all suggest to wear business attire (suite) ??

just wanna get my AC done and sorted, by the way would you all suggest to wear business attire (suite) ??

Oh yes, helps put you in the "this is real" mind set

• Advertisement

Yes suited up for the A.C.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Slo85

All the guys on mine wore suits. And the girls either suits or dresses/skirts.

Hopeful20181 it wont let me respond to you PM. Something needs to change in yoir account apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭BlueCop8790

Do you reckon we should revise for the IST again ? Not too sure if there would be a point or not.

Do you reckon we should revise for the IST again ? Not too sure if there would be a point or not.

Personally I didn’t but that could come back to bite me.

IST won't effect your score at the ac. So I'd spend all your time just working on the A.C.. worst case scenario you have to attend an ist resit. Not a big deal. If that happens revise for it then.

That's vetting forms posted, that's me ready for the AC, now just a suit and prepare for the day

That's vetting forms posted, that's me ready for the AC, now just a suit and prepare for the day

Tuck them labels in and return it the next day ;)

Maxi515 wrote: »

Tuck them labels in and return it the next day ;)
    Was thinking of that lol I have a suit but not really a business suit, might just rent one

Nah a man always needs a suit, invest in one :)

• Advertisement

I forgot how terrifying that was lol. Atleast it's over with now.
    Think I did Ok, just 1 particular bit I'm worried about. But now just a waiting game.

Think I did Ok, just 1 particular bit I'm worried about. But now just a waiting game.

When I was driving home I questioned everything I did. And thought of other things I could’ve said and done. Waiting game is right.

Sent you a PM. I'm happy at the handout that says:

Merit list passed to PSNI by end of April. (Earlier phased processing may be necessary)

Hopefully they bring the PCA forward.

Sent you a PM. I'm happy at the handout that says:

Merit list passed to PSNI by end of April. (Earlier phased processing may be necessary)

Hopefully they bring the PCA forward.

I’ve tried to reply but it won’t let me at the min. Will try again.

Fingers crossed PCA is moved forwards. I’ve jusg posted my vetting away too.

He anticipation is building for mine, just want it over and done, and I sent you a PM @Slo85

I can’t open my messages. Don’t know if it’s my phone or the site. Will reply ASAP.

It is pretty full on isnt it lol. Hope it works out for you this time.

Yea def was. I am confident. Just 1 bit that's worrying me but sure it's done with now.

Was really Supprised at mine. Not a single female. Last time my ac was half and half.
    And I was also the only one (out of ones who I spoke to) that had even heard of boards lol.

Yea def was. I am confident. Just 1 bit that's worrying me but sure it's done with now.

Was really Supprised at mine. Not a single female. Last time my ac was half and half.
    And I was also the only one (out of ones who I spoke to) that had even heard of boards lol.
    Did you pass the AC last time??

• Advertisement

No failed it during 1509 campaign

Think I did Ok, just 1 particular bit I'm worried about. But now just a waiting

You must have failed just by a few marks, any advice for someone attending it for the first time? Like things to always be thinking about?

Think I did Ok, just 1 particular bit I'm worried about. But now just a waiting

You must have failed just by a few marks, any advice for someone attending it for the first time? Like things to always be thinking about?

Yea it was which made it more heartbreaking lol.
    Keep track of your time and read everything clearly!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 SUFTUM95

Hey folks,

Firstly congrats to anyone who has made it this far. Keep up the good work!

I’ve been a forum viewer for some months now. But I have a few questions about the process to ask.

1) What do guys wear to the AC?
    2) Is it possible to ‘revise’ for it?
    3) How physically demanding do you think the fitness tests will be?
    4) Has anyone still in the process booked a Summer Holiday yet? If so which dates are/aren’t suitable?

Thanks! Hope to hear from you all soon!

SUFTUM95 wrote: »
    Hey folks,

I’ve been a forum viewer for some months now. But I have a few questions about the process to ask.

4) Has anyone still in the process booked a Summer Holiday yet? If so which dates are/aren’t suitable?

Hey, without being rude - all these questions are answered and then some in the various threads posted if you take the time to look. I appreciate you want answers quickly but if people were to simply repeat and repeat and repeat what has been said x100 over for every new person that came along we'd get nowhere. Scroll back a few pages mate and re-read your invitation email to the AC.

As for the fitness test that's completely subjective. It really is relative to your fitness. PTI told me last time around if you can run a level 7 on the beep test you probably have the minimum fitness level to scrape passed but you should always aim for around 10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Tom_90

Well, that was very hard. Glad it’s over and done with, not feeling overly confident but I’m settled in for the long wait. Good luck to everyone still to do theirs.
    T

• Advertisement

Tom_90 wrote: »
    Well, that was very hard. Glad it’s over and done with, not feeling overly confident but I’m settled in for the long wait. Good luck to everyone still to do theirs.
    T

Do not worry one bit. I felt rattled last time I left, like I failed. Unable to see how I could have passed. What I should have said etc. Then I passed. It's almost impossible to gauge how well you did after one of these. Fingers crossed matey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Tom_90

Thanks for that!

SUFTUM95 wrote: »
    Hey folks,

The phys is the easiest part of the process because they literally tell you what you need to pass.

Max cardio and core strength. Look at the PCA video and do exercises that relate to each of the stations. I. E. You WILL need ti find a wall and get yourself over it, you WILL need ti practice moving swiftly on a balance beam.

In case any one is interested or knows someone who would be NIFRS are looking staff;

https://nifrs.erecruit.co.uk/erecruit/company/jobs.do;jsessionid=19B59429F42A5443FE0EAF835000EBF5

• Registered Users Posts: 1 DoryDog18

Hi folks,
    I’ve been a lurker on these boards for at least 3 years and never wanted to write everything as I didn’t want to stick my nose in!
    This is my 4th attempt and I have my AC quite soon, just wanted to pop in and say hello. The first AC I attended I was graded an A*, and the second I was graded a D so I have absolutely no idea what to expect!
    Can anyone who has already sat the AC in previous years advise me if they think it’s harder/easier than previously?
    Good luck to anyone who hasn’t sat it yet and hopefully speak to you all soon.

• Advertisement
Advertisement