Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Ze0tech

Question about the medical stage, do the psni need to see our previous medical records, only reason I ask is because I have moved around a lot and my medical records are all over the place, worried this might delay my application. Although I’ve never had any serious medical issues.

If you have not had anything serious then I doubt there is anything to worry about. You need vaccination history tho. So look into that before hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭nickolatte94

Great thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Userwaiting999

Ze0tech wrote: »
    First time actually posting on this but been lurking for quite while now :)

Currently between 150-200 on the merit list, a few things have held me back along the way but finally been passed on all stages.

Is there any truth in the December recruitment, or is it a simple wait till the new year and stop stressing

When did you become appointable, i think there is a class in December

Became appointable at the end of September/start of October. Just a waiting game really, annoying but it is what it is

Became appointable at the end of September/start of October. Just a waiting game really, annoying but it is what it is

Going by your ml I'd be surprised if you weren't first on the list. Good luck

Question about the medical stage, do the psni need to see our previous medical records, only reason I ask is because I have moved around a lot and my medical records are all over the place, worried this might delay my application. Although I’ve never had any serious medical issues.

If you have not had anything serious then I doubt there is anything to worry about. You need vaccination history tho. So look into that before hand.

Yeah everything you’ve been told is correct, if you haven’t had any serious condition all you really need is your vaccination dates and that your GP is happy enough to sign you off as fully fit to carry out all duties.

• Advertisement

Going by your ml I'd be surprised if you weren't first on the list. Good luck

I did have a number of missed phone calls from an unknown number around the start of October which could have been them but then again my work operates off witheld Numbers, but who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

The talk around the college is that there will be a December recruitment. At this stage that is pure speculation among student officers.

Most of us are in, business as usual at the college over Christmas anyway. Depending on how desperate the higher echelons are for officers post Brexit, will probably determine weather December intake comes to fruition. It’s very possible. The purples are due to pass out any day now and the yellows are only at half strength. Effectively there are 2 and a half courses at the minute and GV can support five full courses... make of that what you will...

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭spasticator

ML515 wrote: »
    The talk around the college is that there will be a December recruitment. At this stage that is pure speculation among student officers.

Most of us are in, business as usual at the college over Christmas anyway. Depending on how desperate the higher echelons are for officers post Brexit, will probably determine weather December intake comes to fruition. It’s very possible. The purples are due to pass out any day now and the yellows are only at half strength. Effectively there are 2 and a half courses at the minute and GV can support five full courses... make of that what you will...

Thanks for update ML!
    I’m so eager to get started!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Squirrel1234

According to recruitment they anticipate an intake late December.

Thanks for update ML!

Enjoy your free time while you have it! It’s a wild, emotional ride and you’ll not have a minute to yourself but nothing will make you prouder than putting on that green uniform.

• Advertisement

Im going to guess in and around the 30th...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Malonegirl96

Thanks for update ML!

Enjoy your free time while you have it! It’s a wild, emotional ride and you’ll not have a minute to yourself but nothing will make you prouder than putting on that green uniform.

Much of a Christmas break while you’re there?

So in your opinion why do you think they only have 2 and a half courses in GV? If the college can hold 5 surely they should be burning through this list in no time?

Thanks for update ML!

So in your opinion why do you think they only have 2 and a half courses in GV? If the college can hold 5 surely they should be burning through this list in no time?[/quote
    With nov upcoming there will be more in. Sept is apparently a small squad just. Then December.

Ah I see, yeah that makes sense.

Thanks for update ML!

Not really! Four days I think. Purples attested this afternoon! It’s going to be fairly empty around here for a few weeks until the November blues arrive.

Not really! Four days I think. Purples attested this afternoon! It’s going to be fairly empty around here for a few weeks until the November blues arrive.

Was that the last of 1509 or were there some 1710 fast trackers in there ML515

So in your opinion why do you think they only have 2 and a half courses in GV? If the college can hold 5 surely they should be burning through this list in no time?

Well, 1509 merit list was exhausted with the Purples passing out. The reds who where the first group of 1710 started in August. Yellows, at half strength started in September. OHW couldn’t process medicals fast enough the story goes meaning they started at about half strength. The Greens started in October, at full strength and the Blues are expected to start next month at full strength.

Thanks for update ML!

See you in November ;)

Thanks for update ML!

See you in November ;)

I’m sure you can’t wait! Drop me a PM if you want to talk before then. Enjoy your time off while you have it.

• Advertisement

Going by those facts ML515 there should be classes for a few months yet.

How do you find the training. Does everyone help each other out or is it the opposite which is never good.

How do you find the training. Does everyone help each other out or is it the opposite which is never good.

It’s like anything, you’ll get one with some people and you won’t be able to stand others. It depends how you gel. It’s what you’re able to make it. That’s the honest answer. Generally speaking, senior courses will pass down pearls of widsom to junior courses. There is definitely a team atmosphere. As you get to know each other a course rivalry will develop and even interclass rivalry! It’s all good fun, nothing too serious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Wild.Wild.West

It’s like anything, you’ll get one with some people and you won’t be able to stand others. It depends how you gel. It’s what you’re able to make it. That’s the honest answer. Generally speaking, senior courses will pass down pearls of widsom to junior courses. There is definitely a team atmosphere. As you get to know each other a course rivalry will develop and even interclass rivalry! It’s all good fun, nothing too serious.

Bottom of the barrel and it showed lol what's that meant to mean?

About not having having time off, do you not get weekends off in GV? Still say you would have time to do personal things? Your hardly spending all your weekend revising are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Chambaland

Does anyone know how long there is between passing the PCA and the medical date?

also are you allowed to wear your contact lenses/glasses during the medical? I keep hearing conflicting things! Some people say you are better getting laser eye surgery and waiting if your vision doesn't met the requirements, and others have said as long as you can read the chart with your glasses on you will pass. Anybody done their medical and know for sure?!

also are you allowed to wear your contact lenses/glasses during the medical? I keep hearing conflicting things! Some people say you are better getting laser eye surgery and waiting if your vision doesn't met the requirements, and others have said as long as you can read the chart with your glasses on you will pass. Anybody done their medical and know for sure?!

Chambaland wrote: »

You are allowed to wear contact lenses to the appointment but you will be taking them out during the eye test. It is AIDED and UNAIDED. Which means they need to know how your eyes are with glasses and without glasses. (With lenses and without lenses) You can get laser eye surgery (it’s on the website with info about that) but if you get it after your medical you will need another medical.
    Hope this helps!

[
    Chambaland wrote: »

You are allowed to wear contact lenses to the appointment but you will be taking them out during the eye test. It is AIDED and UNAIDED. Which means they need to know how your eyes are with glasses and without glasses. (With lenses and without lenses) You can get laser eye surgery (it’s on the website with info about that) but if you get it after your medical you will need another medical.
    Hope this helps![/quote]

• Advertisement

Thanks for being so helpful! Do you know if you get laser eye surgery after the medical, does that mean you’d technically fail the medical and need to reapply/complete all the other stages again?

Advertisement