Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Ze0tech

Chambaland wrote: »
    Thanks for being so helpful! Do you know if you get laser eye surgery after the medical, does that mean you’d technically fail the medical and need to reapply/complete all the other stages again?

Please don't quote me on this but I don't think retrospective action would be accepted if you fail the eye test. If your worried about it drop recruitment an email.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Squirrel1234

Ze0tech wrote: »
    Thanks for being so helpful! Do you know if you get laser eye surgery after the medical, does that mean you’d technically fail the medical and need to reapply/complete all the other stages again?

Please don't quote me on this but I don't think retrospective action would be accepted if you fail the eye test. If your worried about it drop recruitment an email.

Yeah don’t quote me either, but as the recruitment part of the website states, as long as there are no complications with the laser surgery it’s not an issue at all. You just need to re-do the medical. But yes def email Occupational Health address if you want complete and definite answers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭nickolatte94

Out of interest does anyone know how many people were on the 1510 merit list compared to 1710?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Chambaland

I just can’t seem to get an appointment for laser any time soon and I’ve only recently discovered that I’d need it to pass as my eyesight has changed. Looks like I’d have to have it after my medical but worried failing it would mean reapplying for the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

I just can’t seem to get an appointment for laser any time soon and I’ve only recently discovered that I’d need it to pass as my eyesight has changed. Looks like I’d have to have it after my medical but worried failing it would mean reapplying for the whole thing.

Optimax done me within two weeks. PM me please. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Chambaland

Does anybody know who the heck I contact with regards to this stuff? Can’t seem to find an email or contact details for the recruitment side of things!

If it’s to do with the medical side of things it is occupational health email you need. If you have your email from them arranging your medical date or any email from recruitment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭eslow

Has anyone received any calls yet? And if so what rough merit number they up to?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Wannabe2018

eslow wrote: »
    Has anyone received any calls yet? And if so what rough merit number they up to?
    What you thinking? Calls this week? Haven’t heard of anyone receiving them yet

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Userwaiting999

To my knowledge there has been no calls yet. I am roughly between 150th to 200th on the ML and still waiting. I know there are ones who are due to start in November who were well below me but it was just a matter of they became appointable quicker than I did.

Hopefully won’t be much longer to wait.

I did hear a rumour that a fella from my work had been told by recruitment he would be starting in December and he’s handed his notice in (which he has). Although I haven’t been able to verify the date from him yet.

Where is everyone else on the ML currently in the ‘waiting room’

• Advertisement

To my knowledge there has been no calls yet. I am roughly between 150th to 200th on the ML and still waiting. I know there are ones who are due to start in November who were well below me but it was just a matter of they became appointable quicker than I did.

I did hear a rumour that a fella from my work had been told by recruitment he would be starting in December and he’s handed his notice in (which he has). Although I haven’t been able to verify the date from him yet.

Did you have bumps along the way?
    I just thought you would of had a call by now!
    I’ve been in the waiting room for a few months now. 300-320.

I’m in the waiting room few weeks now, 410-30. Anyone else out there what’s your ML?

I’m in the waiting room few weeks now, 410-30. Anyone else out there what’s your ML?

420-440 in the waiting room. Can't see people 400 and over getting called this time round.would be great tho!!!

Did you have bumps along the way?
    I just thought you would of had a call by now!
    I’ve been in the waiting room for a few months now. 300-320.

Yeah I had a few bumps along the way, my vetting took forever to come through, only came through a number of weeks ago was a nightmare. I’d say we must be close to a call (from 200-350), as if you scroll through these posts there has been a few appointed for the November intake who are either 270/280/290 on the ML.

Alright folks, this is so random as I was just talking about it but I was just given a start date for December.

Wish yous all the best and if yous have any questions feel free to message me

#buzzing!!!!

Alright folks, this is so random as I was just talking about it but I was just given a start date for December.

#buzzing!!!!

Well done. Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Daisy04

#buzzing!!!!
    Excellent, well done!

Congrats has the call just went out to yourself then? I’ll be expecting a new year start for myself sadly lol

Congrats has the call just went out to yourself then? I’ll be expecting a new year start for myself sadly lol

And there was talk of no January class so it will be February. More waiting!

For some reason won’t let me reply to comments! Where’d you hear the no jan class?

• Advertisement

For some reason won’t let me reply to comments! Where’d you hear the no jan class?

Can't remember now but I do think it was on here

Hopefully just speculation lol here hoping anyway

me

As far as I’m aware (a part from 1 class) they have been appointing 51 per class (correct me if I’m wrong) as I had a few difficulties along the way and held back I’d say they will be going well into the 300’s for this class. But I’m only speculating

Happens when you’re least expecting it. Haha I got my call guys. Well done to everyone else getting theirs. Dec start for me!

where are we on the list so far then?

Low 300's by the look of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Wild.Wild.West

Happens when you’re least expecting it. Haha I got my call guys. Well done to everyone else getting theirs. Dec start for me!

Pm me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Wild.Wild.West

Pm me

#buzzing!!!!

Pm me

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭spasticator

Ze0tech wrote: »

420-440 in the waiting room. Can't see people 400 and over getting called this time round.would be great tho!!!

I mailed support a few weeks ago asking when appointment could be made to which they replied “we expect to make you an offer within the coming months.” I’m sitting around the same ML position as you.

• Advertisement

That’s not what we want to hear!! Lol

Advertisement