Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭takodah

Fantastic. Cheers guys for the response.
    Will keep an open mind and prepare for the long wait....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭majgreen

For those considering a tutor for the AC be very very careful. You are entering a career where people actively want to kill you. It's not hard to pretend you were a serving officer and promise to give all the secrets to help you pass.

It's also worth noting that the AC changes over the years and even those of us who have completed it in recent years are unable to tell what to expect.

The information contained on this forum is far and above what you need to prepare yourself to pass. Take a full read first before shelling out

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

majgreen wrote: »
    For those considering a tutor for the AC be very very careful. You are entering a career where people actively want to kill you. It's not hard to pretend you were a serving officer and promise to give all the secrets to help you pass.

It's also worth noting that the AC changes over the years and even those of us who have completed it in recent years are unable to tell what to expect.

The information contained on this forum is far and above what you need to prepare yourself to pass. Take a full read first before shelling out

I would agree. I know serving officers who have got in first time without tuition and I have work colleagues who have spent hundreds on tuition and didn't pass the AC. I find it strange, that people actually offer to coach for a format of a process they haven't experienced and really don't know whats coming up.

I passed the AC last time, no coaching, a bit of online research, these forums and dipping into a few english forces role play books.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Ash1008

If we are invited to the AC, when would the Fitness Test take place? Any idea of timescales?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Ash1008 wrote: »
    If we are invited to the AC, when would the Fitness Test take place? Any idea of timescales?

Take it one step at a time otherwise you will go nuts, just get to the gym and get fit, hit the roads to run, keep at it and when the time comes you will be fit enough, one less thing to worry about.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭BlueCop8790

Curious to know if the AC's only consist of one role player per exercise or can it be multiple role players in each exercise?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Wilbur08

Hi

Does anyone know if Deloitte emails are stacked? Given a very early AC date which does not suit. Emailed on Friday but yet to receive a response. Just worried if I email again it will send my original email to the bottom of the queue. I do not fancy my chances attending AC with two toddlers in tow 😂.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Wilbur08 wrote: »
    Hi

Does anyone know if Deloitte emails are stacked? Given a very early AC date which does not suit. Emailed on Friday but yet to receive a response. Just worried if I email again it will send my original email to the bottom of the queue. I do not fancy my chances attending AC with two toddlers in tow 😂.

Thanks

Ive emailed also, still waiting for a reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭KN1231999

Just got the all clear from Deloitte "Thanks for your email, These results meet the educational requirements of the PSNI"
    So happy! Now I can finally focus on the AC!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Slo85

KN1231999 wrote: »
    Just got the all clear from Deloitte "Thanks for your email, These results meet the educational requirements of the PSNI"

Great news. Now you can focus on the A/C

• Advertisement

Slo85 wrote: »

Thank you :) I was overthinking it so much, now let's work and get past this next hurdle!

Thank you :) I was overthinking it so much, now let's work and get past this next hurdle!

Exactly. Head down and I’m sure it will all work out. I’m absolutely bricking it about the A/C

Exactly. Head down and I’m sure it will all work out. I’m absolutely bricking it about the A/C
    Don't worry it's only natural, what I've picked up off everyone else who has done the A/C Is too know the behaviours off the back of your hand and learn to implement them into any given situation, while learning how to effectively extract information

Goonerdee wrote: »
    Hi

Thanks

I'm just stressing I suppose as literally have zero childcare if they do not get back to me in time - will leave it another 24 hours until I panic

Don't worry it's only natural, what I've picked up off everyone else who has done the A/C Is too know the behaviours off the back of your hand and learn to implement them into any given situation, while learning how to effectively extract information

I’ll be dreaming about the behaviours I’ve read over them so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭sparkylarky

Isnt that just the 5 or 6 behaviours listed on the website, openness to change etc all that?

Isnt that just the 5 or 6 behaviours listed on the website, openness to change etc all that?

I flipping hope so that’s what I’ve been going over and thinking how to put them into various scenarios.

I flipping hope so that’s what I’ve been going over and thinking how to put them into various scenarios.

Lol yea I would say it is, I would need to stop day dreaming about being in and actully think about trying to get in!!

Lol yea I would say it is, I would need to stop day dreaming about being in and actully think about trying to get in!!

Cant help but day dream sometimes. It’s my first time applying and i don’t want to get my hopes up too much.

Cant help but day dream sometimes. It’s my first time applying and i don’t want to get my hopes up too much.

Same here

• Advertisement

Same here
    A lot of people have got in on their first try, keep the positive attitude and watch it prosper into success

Same here
    A lot of people have got in on their first try, keep the positive attitude and watch it prosper into success

Here’s hoping ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

Same here

Here’s hoping ðŸ˜ðŸ˜
    Remember you are not only trying to pass, but also get the highest score possible. Don't even worry about passing. Your goal is to beat me and everyone else who is at the A/C. It really is a game of just who wants it the most and who will sacrafise the most to get it

Same here

Here’s hoping ðŸ˜ðŸ˜
    Remember you are not only trying to pass, but also get the highest score possible. Don't even worry about passing. Your goal is to beat me and everyone else who is at the A/C. It really is a game of just who wants it the most and who will sacrafise the most to get it

Thank you. Someone else told me it’s a competition and everyone wants to win. So head down and do all you can to be first.

Yea I agree just need to keep her lit as they say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Hi

Thanks

I'm just stressing I suppose as literally have zero childcare if they do not get back to me in time - will leave it another 24 hours until I panic

I’m panicking and stressing already as I know I’m not getting the day off.

Hi

Thanks

Aww no way. Did you not get enough notice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Robocop2k16

Same boat, waiting for a reply re reschedule of AC. Tbh I think it is a good sign others who emailed about other queries after us have already got a reply.

Probably means they are trying to accomodate us/wait to see who can swap dates with who.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Well done Deloitte adding unnecessary stress to candidates circa 2018. All will be OK guys

• Advertisement

Hi

Thanks

Aww no way. Did you not get enough notice?

No my partner is already in the job and he cannot get out of his own duties - honestly just over a week notice is nothing for people who already work/have other commitments! Would be so much easier if they had a phone number we could contact!
    And yes Deloitte will not be on my Christmas card list 😂 They sent me so many dead links for IST as it was!

Advertisement