Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Njim91

Tom_90 wrote: »
    That's got to be good news if they've told you there's a pca date coming this month!

Doesn't stop me checking inbox, spam and refreshing the 1710 updates section on join psni 30 times a day! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Tom_90

Njim91 wrote: »
    That's got to be good news if they've told you there's a pca date coming this month!

Doesn't stop me checking inbox, spam and refreshing the 1710 updates section on join psni 30 times a day! :D
    Tell me about it! It's driving me round the bend.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Dreamer84

Well depends if they intend to fast track in 1810. Before 1710 the last campaign was in 2015. Fast track was necessary to get the ball rolling asap. With 1810 just being a year after 1710, they may not fast track and could mean more opportunities for 1710 list. Merely speculation though. And I don't know how far down the list they'll go.
    I got an email in Dec saying vetting was underway and that I'll be receiving a PCA date email in Jan. Hoping for a mail in the next while so.

Personally I don't see why they would process people if they aren't intending on using them, vetting, drug tests ect all costs money,

So you'd think everyone getting processed still,will stand a good chance,

From some Internet digging they are around 1000short, this is based on needs and demands I think and the amount of overtime paid annually,

Fingers crossed, heard it's an additional 300+ on top of what the numbers were set for out intake,

Some communication from them would put people's mind at rest 😊

Who knows! I'd love an update from recruitment to let us all know. What's your ML dreamer?

510-540, everything passed months ago 🙄🙄, it's slow and nerve wrecking 😂😂

Dreamer84 wrote: »
    Who knows! I'd love an update from recruitment to let us all know. What's your ML dreamer?

510-540, everything passed months ago 🙄🙄, it's slow and nerve wrecking 😂😂
    I'm 550-600 so must keep an eye for you getting the call. You'll be hoping for April

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭TW2017

510-540, everything passed months ago ����, it's slow and nerve wrecking ����

I'm 520-540, hopefully we'll be in April Squad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭TW2017

If you're in the lower end of the 510-540 bracket, you may even slip into March squad

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Ze0tech

TW2017 wrote: »
    If you're in the lower end of the 510-540 bracket, you may even slip into March squad

If they ever let us know what on earth is happening

Ze0tech wrote: »

If they ever let us know what on earth is happening
    We have waited a long time at this stage with no updates. Would be nice to hear what's happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Njim91

Personally I don't see why they would process people if they aren't intending on using them, vetting, drug tests ect all costs money,

So you'd think everyone getting processed still,will stand a good chance,

From some Internet digging they are around 1000short, this is based on needs and demands I think and the amount of overtime paid annually,

Fingers crossed, heard it's an additional 300+ on top of what the numbers were set for out intake,

Some communication from them would put people's mind at rest 😊

Where did you get 1000 figure from? If that's the case I'd be delighted!!

• Advertisement

I'm 550-600 so must keep an eye for you getting the call. You'll be hoping for April

Yes I'm hoping April, so not expecting in these sets of calls which I believe are for march and tbh, they may recruit more, there's plenty to get through to match next year, new budget, more retirements ect,

Where did you get 1000 figure from? If that's the case I'd be delighted!!

That was something online, but not what they are looking,

The argument, no budget for additional officers to get these numbers, but, budget for overtime, it's cheaper to have officers on the road than paying over time,

I'll look.for link

Don't think so, think the highest number confirmed is 420-430, could he wrong

Anyone know

Don't think so, think the highest number confirmed is 420-430, could he wrong

Anyone know
    They are just below 420. There's been rumours flying about of a bigger squad for March though. Even if they get to 500 in these calls I'll be happy. Gives me a good chance for April. I don't think I could wait to May. Remember 1810 will be ready by end of summer so I think they'll take off 1710 until 1810 becomes ready.

They are just below 420. There's been rumours flying about of a bigger squad for March though. Even if they get to 500 in these calls I'll be happy. Gives me a good chance for April. I don't think I could wait to May. Remember 1810 will be ready by end of summer so I think they'll take off 1710 until 1810 becomes ready.

That's what I'm hoping, should mean 4 or 5 more squads giving everyone a good shout,

I didn't hear March being bigger, thought class size was limited

That's what I'm hoping, should mean 4 or 5 more squads giving everyone a good shout,

I didn't hear March being bigger, thought class size was limited
    It's just a rumour I've heard from a few different people. By the sounds of it alot of the people are from Belfast area and not to many people are staying at GV. Also the squad making way for this one was one of the smallest intakes so far. Think there was around 30 in September. The upside is we should hopefully know more this time next week.

Edit

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Coco2070

I have never wished a week to go as quick as this one! Is it Monday yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 RDC1234

Do you’s reckon that there will be calls out this month? Or will they go back to just giving a months notice. It’s a complete melt

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Wannabe2018

RDC1234 wrote: »
    Do you’s reckon that there will be calls out this month? Or will they go back to just giving a months notice. It’s a complete melt

Your guess is as good as ours! Think someone on here said before they expected them middle of jan but it’s all guessing games

There has to be calls coming soon. Hopefully next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 RDC1234

I was thinking March calls won’t go out until the start of February

I was thinking March calls won’t go out until the start of February
    I wouldn't of thought so. Sure they have an induction to do. It's usually 6 weeks minimum between call and start date. Going from previous patterns March will be due to start early in the month. I'm only making an educated guess though. We won't have to worry about March anyway we will be hopefully April or worst case may

I wouldn't of thought so. Sure they have an induction to do. It's usually 6 weeks minimum between call and start date. Going from previous patterns March will be due to start early in the month. I'm only making an educated guess though. We won't have to worry about March anyway we will be hopefully April or worst case may

I agree, I expect from the break that early March would be accurate and mid January with the calls,

I'd just like to know we are safe post March, but if they are putting more through the PCA, hopefully that's a good sign,

I'm hoping for a call in February

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Adam261

Are they not up to 441 on the merit list?
    On the joinPSNI website it says 281 have accepted offers or been appointed and 160 have drop off or not successfully compeleted all PSNI stages.
    So 281+160=441.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Joceyjoe

Adam261 wrote: »
    Are they not up to 441 on the merit list?
    On the joinPSNI website it says 281 have accepted offers or been appointed and 160 have drop off or not successfully compeleted all PSNI stages.
    So 281+160=441.

No because the 160 drop outs are for anyone who has been progressing through psni managed stages. So people in the 500s-700s are included in that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Adam261

Joceyjoe wrote: »
    No because the 160 drop outs are for anyone who has been progressing through psni managed stages. So people in the 500s-700s are included in that too.

Ahh I see what you mean now !
    Cheers.
    I’m 510-540 on ML so I’d say it’ll be April for me.....at least I hope so anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Joceyjoe

Adam261 wrote: »
    Ahh I see what you mean now !
    Cheers.
    I’m 510-540 on ML so I’d say it’ll be April for me.....at least I hope so anyway!

No worries, yes you’ll be April for sure, not long to go now! :)

Advertisement