Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Wilbur08

Same boat, waiting for a reply re reschedule of AC. Tbh I think it is a good sign others who emailed about other queries after us have already got a reply.

Probably means they are trying to accomodate us/wait to see who can swap dates with who.

Was thinking this myself - an acknowledgement would have been considerate at least. Does not fill me with confidence however when their out of office reply wishes you a merry Christmas and a happy new year and states they will reply to queries when they are back in January.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Slo85 wrote: »
    Goonerdee wrote: »
    Wilbur08 wrote: »
    Hi

Does anyone know if Deloitte emails are stacked? Given a very early AC date which does not suit. Emailed on Friday but yet to receive a response. Just worried if I email again it will send my original email to the bottom of the queue. I do not fancy my chances attending AC with two toddlers in tow 😂.

Thanks

Ive emailed also, still waiting for a reply.

I'm just stressing I suppose as literally have zero childcare if they do not get back to me in time - will leave it another 24 hours until I panic

I’m panicking and stressing already as I know I’m not getting the day off.

Aww no way. Did you not get enough notice?

No, not enough, work has told me to hope for a miracle to happen to let me get the day off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Slo85

Hi

Does anyone know if Deloitte emails are stacked? Given a very early AC date which does not suit. Emailed on Friday but yet to receive a response. Just worried if I email again it will send my original email to the bottom of the queue. I do not fancy my chances attending AC with two toddlers in tow 😂.

Thanks

I'm just stressing I suppose as literally have zero childcare if they do not get back to me in time - will leave it another 24 hours until I panic

No, not enough, work has told me to hope for a miracle to happen to let me get the day off.

How crap. Hopefully you can get a later date.

Hi

Thanks

Let's hope they get their fingers out before the weekend! Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

They must have realised a weeks notice was a shot in the dark. Don't ask don't get policy I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Tom_90

I’ve seen in various places people talking about reading the “welcome pack” is that just the bit in our email we got below the IST results?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭sparkylarky

Tom_90 wrote: »
    I’ve seen in various places people talking about reading the “welcome pack” is that just the bit in our email we got below the IST results?

Thanks

No most likely the welcome pack your referring to is a pack sent out to people who have got the call to start training! Somone can correct me if I'm wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

No most likely the welcome pack your referring to is a pack sent out to people who have got the call to start training! Somone can correct me if I'm wrong.

There's no welcome pack for the AC.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. Is it just me who’s a bundle of nerves?

Thanks for clearing that up for me. Is it just me who’s a bundle of nerves?

Im not nervous yet just mildly apprehensive not knowing what to expect or how I should be preparing. This is a shot in the dark as ive never been before

• Advertisement

Im not nervous yet just mildly apprehensive not knowing what to expect or how I should be preparing. This is a shot in the dark as ive never been before[/quote]

Same here, no amount of reading the assessment centre thread is helping ease the apprehension either!

Im not nervous yet just mildly apprehensive not knowing what to expect or how I should be preparing. This is a shot in the dark as ive never been before

Same here, no amount of reading the assessment centre thread is helping ease the apprehension either![/quote]

I’ve looked online for assessment centre scenarios and looked at what type of things they were looking for.

Same here, no amount of reading the assessment centre thread is helping ease the apprehension either!

I’ve looked online for assessment centre scenarios and looked at what type of things they were looking for.[/quote]

Yea im on page 201 atm lol im giving it a break for the night! I must look online fir that it sounds like it could be helpful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

Ash1008 wrote: »
    If we are invited to the AC, when would the Fitness Test take place? Any idea of timescales?
    Well results for the A.C. are due 4th may. So by time Deloitte pass the merit list to the PSNI and they then send out invites for fitness it will probably be June. (For the top scorers of the AC)

I’ve looked online for assessment centre scenarios and looked at what type of things they were looking for.

Yea im on page 201 atm lol im giving it a break for the night! I must look online fir that it sounds like it could be helpful[/quote]

We would all take any info we can get.

NiK9 wrote: »
    If we are invited to the AC, when would the Fitness Test take place? Any idea of timescales?
    Well results for the A.C. are due 4th may. So by time Deloitte pass the merit list to the PSNI and they then send out invites for fitness it will probably be June. (For the top scorers of the AC)

When you think about it thats 6 months away :o almost!

NiK9 wrote: »

When you think about it thats 6 months away :o almost!

Yea lol. But hopefully the vetting forms are actually going to be sent out like they said in the email. Atleast that way with vetting running parallel to the AC, fitness and medical hopefully an Aug/Sept start date is possoble

Yea I hope so its a serious long process!! Although I rember this time last year I was practicing for the AC incase I ever did get in and here I am one year later with a date for the real thing! It dint take too long for the year to come around again! Never did I Imagine I would be here a year later!

Anyone else reckon that this may be the start of a series of campaigns, I mean that DUP money has to be going somewhere lol

Anyone else reckon that this may be the start of a series of campaigns, I mean that DUP money has to be going somewhere lol

Its going up in smoke paying for RHI boilers lol

• Advertisement

Nah that enquiry will still be going on when you are hitting that top pay spine lol

Seriously though I reckon if this campaign works in shortening the Delay from application to start it could start a nice chain.

I personally think they should do it more like police Scotland. Where there is constant recruitment. Alot Smaller numbers but by doing a stage a month or so. Once cleared all stages put everyone onto a list and every 5 or so weeks like they do at the min they bring in a new class to GV.

Less numbers means quicker assessments and turn around.

Has anyone who has asked for rescheduling got a reply yet?

Was just about to ask this myself - no email for me. I emailed at approximately 4pm on Friday ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Robocop2k16

No word my end either

No word my end either

Oh how I wish I could have another gonat their survey

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭KN1231999

No word my end either

To be honest I think Deloitte has read your emails, I think they are in the process of changing your dates

KN1231999 wrote: »

No word my end either

To be honest I think Deloitte has read your emails, I think they are in the process of changing your dates

I hope so, though they are very quickly running out of time.

• Advertisement

Or let me rephrase that, I am quickly running out of time!

Advertisement