Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Wilbur08

Goonerdee wrote: »
    Or let me rephrase that, I am quickly running out of time!

Same!! Yes they get back to me by lunch Friday or I am snookered! Hopefully tomorrow is the day!

Or let me rephrase that, I am quickly running out of time!

My partner just rang Deloitte and made them speak to him. Their advice is to email again and mark as urgent if AC is fast approaching!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

The clusterf**k continues. Reminds me of being the Guinea pig year for the new GCSEs

Funnily enough I have just received a personal reply from Deloitte stating they are dealing with requests in order they receive them and they will be in touch shortly so something at least!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Robocop2k16

Hopefully tomorrow they confirm new dates for us.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Ive got nothing from them yet. I sent my email late Friday night, so probably Monday before they read it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

don't be surprised if they don't just move yous to the very end of the AC list. A weeks notice isnt much, If they can't fit yous into earlier dates they may just add on an extra class at the very end.

Was reading the 1509 thread there.
    For any of yous planning on getting any new tattoos do it quickly before vetting forms.
    Bluenose89 posted there that they passed their vetting. But since then got a new tattoo so vetting is no longer cleared and has to wait for a panel to sit and review it. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Peelerwannabe

Lockie101 wrote: »
    Anyone else who didn’t pass hoping they drop the pass score to 30? Lol

Why would they drop the pass score? They got the numbers the wanted through the high pass mark, if they needed more then they would have dropped it a mark or two but not 4 marks because within those 4 marks probably contained closed to 1,000 people at least! It’s a harsh thought but if we failed, we failed, we will try again next time

I asked if they have any plans to drop the pass mark. (I was one mark away) this was the response...

Unfortunately we are unable to reveal at this stage any of the information you require. Please keep your eye on www.joinpsni.co.uk for news of future recruitment campaigns.

Mate it won't happen. This is a trial campaign of the process...

• Advertisement

NiK9 wrote: »
    Was reading the 1509 thread there.
    For any of yous planning on getting any new tattoos do it quickly before vetting forms.
    Bluenose89 posted there that they passed their vetting. But since then got a new tattoo so vetting is no longer cleared and has to wait for a panel to sit and review it. :(

Tattoo policy has laxed though, for this campaign. The only reason their vetting is taking longer is because they have to hold him/her to the same standards as all of those that were recruited from 1509. I wouldn't worry.

Why would they drop the pass score? They got the numbers the wanted through the high pass mark, if they needed more then they would have dropped it a mark or two but not 4 marks because within those 4 marks probably contained closed to 1,000 people at least! It’s a harsh thought but if we failed, we failed, we will try again next time

I asked if they have any plans to drop the pass mark. (I was one mark away) this was the response...

Unfortunately we are unable to reveal at this stage any of the information you require. Please keep your eye on www.joinpsni.co.uk for news of future recruitment campaigns.

Mate sorry to be a downer but it won't happen. Like mentioned before. They need roughly 2000-2500 through to the A.C. and they will then cut that number down again to whatever they need to recruit even if 1000 somehow pulled out of the AC they still have the higher scorers going through to the AC and other stages. So they don't need extra people.

NiK9 wrote: »

Mate sorry to be a downer but it won't happen. Like mentioned before. They need roughly 2000-2500 through to the A.C. and they will then cut that number down again to whatever they need to recruit even if 1000 somehow pulled out of the AC they still have the higher scorers going through to the AC and other stages. So they don't need extra people.

I agree with your logic but not the reasoning.

This is the trial campaign for a new way of doing things hence the change in IST, vetting running concurrently with ACs and as such was always going to have a smaller pool.

Plus the 2001-2009 way of doing things was similar, take as many as they need to merit pool plus a surplus to combat losses from PCA and medical fails. Chin off the rest. Restart the process.

I believe that is what will happen if they have a merit pool by May/June.

Then let there is enough to feed GV until the next campaign's merit pool is formed and so on.

On of the highlights brought up in the report into GV is the non-continous nature of intakes, this breaking up continuity and making backsquadding difficult thus losing student Officers over things like bereavements (no squad to put them in on a month or so, essentially gardening leave) or injury and again no squad behind them to load them onto when they recover.

Hoping to hear something from Deloitte tomorrow, quickly losing hope. Phoned HR today again and they still can’t give me the day off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Slo85

Hoping to hear something from Deloitte tomorrow, quickly losing hope. Phoned HR today again and they still can’t give me the day off.

That’s rubbish. Fingers crossed you are able to get your date changed. Mines up soon too. Absolutely bricking it.

Slo85 wrote: »

That’s rubbish. Fingers crossed you are able to get your date changed. Mines up soon too. Absolutely bricking it.

Good luck, if you are a good talker and a good listener you’ll fly through it.

Thanks. I could talk the leg of a donkey as the saying goes. I’ve a prep course on Saturday so hoping they give a few more tips. I’ve bought the books online although they are aimed at the English forces they have some good info in them. It’s the not knowing what to expect is what I hate.

Thanks. I could talk the leg of a donkey as the saying goes. I’ve a prep course on Saturday so hoping they give a few more tips. I’ve bought the books online although they are aimed at the English forces they have some good info in them. It’s the not knowing what to expect is what I hate.

Still yet to hear anything here too - I also have a prep course on Saturday but pointless as I still can't make my time next week!

Wilbur08 wrote: »

Still yet to hear anything here too - I also have a prep course on Saturday but pointless as I still can't make my time next week!

Never know could see you there. All prep will be beneficial no matter when you get to A/C. Here’s hoping you hear about a date change soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Robocop2k16

Yep still no response here either. Surely it must be tomorrow. ACs commence in a matter of days!

Never know could see you there. All prep will be beneficial no matter when you get to A/C. Here’s hoping you hear about a date change soon.

Well this is it - i had IST prep with the same person and I got a high score so something must have sunk in! Hoping to do a few
    AC classes as it can't hurt!

Well this is it - i had IST prep with the same person and I got a high score so something must have sunk in! Hoping to do a few
    AC classes as it can't hurt!

Same here. I went to the ist class and got a better score than I’ve ever got. Defo has something to do with the class.

Just got my new date - months away

Aww no way.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭KN1231999

Aww no way.
    There ya go always have faith in Deloitte haha

Aww no way.

Yes literally 3 months away.... latest date I've seen. Ah well less time to wait for results

Aww no way.

Yes literally 3 months away.... latest date I've seen. Ah well less time to wait for results

More prep time and less waiting time. Bonus both ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

Hi all, feeling nervous even though I have another 10 weeks to go until assessment centre.

Does anyone know how the retesting of the IST is going to work? Will it be included in your overall score or will you have to achieve a certain score in it again to pass?

Also does anyone know when the assessment centre results will be out? (I know I am getting ahead of myself here a little here)

Also any rough ideas about start dates (not that I expect to get that far) just curious as looking at booking holidays.

Sorry for all the questions..

Thanks BB

• Advertisement

Hi all, feeling nervous even though I have another 10 weeks to go until assessment centre.

Does anyone know how the retesting of the IST is going to work? Will it be included in your overall score or will you have to achieve a certain score in it again to pass?

Also does anyone know when the assessment centre results will be out? (I know I am getting ahead of myself here a little here)

Also any rough ideas about start dates (not that I expect to get that far) just curious as looking at booking holidays.

Sorry for all the questions..

Thanks BB

Said on the email results should be 4th May.

The ist during the a.c. won't give you a mark towards your a.c. score. It's just to double check that your mark hasn't drastically changed.

Advertisement