Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

NiK9 wrote: »
    Said on the email results should be 4th May.

The ist during the a.c. won't give you a mark towards your a.c. score. It's just to double check that your mark hasn't drastically changed.

Thanks, let's hope we don't have a bad day and score 20 less than what we did to pass ha ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

I really want to know how they tend to make it smaller, in my opinions real ist wasn't that long. Also is it going to be the same questions, they can't expect same marks if it's a completely different test lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭BlueCop8790

I really want to know how they tend to make it smaller, in my opinions real ist wasn't that long. Also is it going to be the same questions, they can't expect same marks if it's a completely different test lol.
    I'd assume it's the same test we completed, probably just cut out half of the questions in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Wilbur08 wrote: »
    Slo85 wrote: »
    Just got my new date - months away

Aww no way.

Yes literally 3 months away.... latest date I've seen. Ah well less time to wait for results

I’ve got nothing, only thing I have received was the generic email on the night I sent my email.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Robocop2k16

Goonerdee wrote: »

Aww no way.

Yes literally 3 months away.... latest date I've seen. Ah well less time to wait for results

I’ve got nothing, only thing I have received was the generic email on the night I sent my email.

I didn't recieve any generic/automatic reply at all. I've double checked and my email defo sent

• Advertisement

Aww no way.

I didn't recieve any generic/automatic reply at all. I've double checked and my email defo sent

The generic reply was in my junk box, I keep checking there also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Robocop2k16

Aww no way.

Good shout mate found it in there

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Wilbur08

Aww no way.

They said they were replying in the order they received the request. I emailed approximately 4pm on Friday afternoon so if you emailed after I'm assuming will be tomorrow/Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 the_accountant

Hoping to hear something from Deloitte tomorrow, quickly losing hope. Phoned HR today again and they still can’t give me the day off.

That’s rubbish. Fingers crossed you are able to get your date changed. Mines up soon too. Absolutely bricking it.

Good luck, if you are a good talker and a good listener you’ll fly through it.

Thanks. I could talk the leg of a donkey as the saying goes. I’ve a prep course on Saturday so hoping they give a few more tips. I’ve bought the books online although they are aimed at the English forces they have some good info in them. It’s the not knowing what to expect is what I hate.

Would you be able to pm me the name of the prep course tutor please?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Nova1999

Hi guys, I’m new to the forum, passed the IST this time, third attempt, just wondering has any one any info about classes for the AC, I’m in the north west and I’ve my AC next month, thanks.

• Advertisement

Aww no way.

They said they were replying in the order they received the request. I emailed approximately 4pm on Friday afternoon so if you emailed after I'm assuming will be tomorrow/Monday.

Yeah, I emailed at midnight on Friday/Saturday. So hopefully hear tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 LPT2018

Slo85 wrote:
    Same here. I went to the ist class and got a better score than I’ve ever got. Defo has something to do with the class.

Well what class is this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Slo85

LPT2018 wrote: »
    Slo85 wrote:
    Same here. I went to the ist class and got a better score than I’ve ever got. Defo has something to do with the class.

Well what class is this?

A family friend recommended these guys to help with the IST. They gave practise papers ( I had already done every test I could find online ) then they talked through how they got their answers. I used to overlook the answers or over complicate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Makepeace80

Has anyone received the education Pro Forma that we are meant to take to the AC?

Has anyone received the education Pro Forma that we are meant to take to the AC?

Oh what’s this?

It’s only mentioned on the Recruitment news section of the website. A form to complete and bring to AC. Meant to receive it via email...

It’s only mentioned on the Recruitment news section of the website. A form to complete and bring to AC. Meant to receive it via email...

I hope not. I’ve received nothing and I’m up really soon.

Join PSNI page:

Pay special attention to the ‘Education Pro Forma’ attachment which you will receive via email in the next week, which you will need to print and complete before attending your Assessment Centre. You will be required to bring the original anda photocopy of the following certificates to Assessment Centre to enable us to verify your educational qualifications:

GCSE Mathematics (or equivalent) at A*-C;GCSE English Language (or equivalent) at A*-C; and3 other GCSEs (or equivalent) at A*-C.

Join PSNI page:

Pay special attention to the ‘Education Pro Forma’ attachment which you will receive via email in the next week, which you will need to print and complete before attending your Assessment Centre. You will be required to bring the original anda photocopy of the following certificates to Assessment Centre to enable us to verify your educational qualifications:

GCSE Mathematics (or equivalent) at A*-C;GCSE English Language (or equivalent) at A*-C; and3 other GCSEs (or equivalent) at A*-C.

Just went on and read that. Should receive an email sometime next week.

Just received the email

• Advertisement

Same. After just talking about it too haha

Same. After just talking about it too haha

Same here. They must’ve knew we were talking about them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭sparkylarky

Ok guys/girls I have a nvq level 2 and my understanding is its equivalent to 3 or 4 gcse at grade a to c, I wont have enough gcse to fill out that form I was just going to put my maths and english and my nvq and say its equivalent to 3 or 4 gcses do yous think this will be ok?

Should be fine. Level 2 is equivalent to 4 or 5 GCSE depending on the subject.

Did everyone get the pro forma sheet? I got an email but their was no pro forma attached to it, maybe because my AC is a number of months away ?

Did everyone get the pro forma sheet? I got an email but their was no pro forma attached to it, maybe because my AC is a number of months away ?

Mine was in an attachment at the bottom of the email. I had to log onto my computer as it wouldn’t let me open it on my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭KN1231999

Got an email also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭sparkylarky

Should be fine. Level 2 is equivalent to 4 or 5 GCSE depending on the subject.

I hope so mate I keep thinking its over for me in case they think it just counts as one gcse! Im probably over thinking about it to be fair!

Mine was in an attachment at the bottom of the email. I had to log onto my computer as it wouldn’t let me open it on my phone.
    Thanks, I must be blind 😂

• Advertisement

Thanks, I must be blind 😂

Hopefully you find it.

Advertisement