Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

NiK9 wrote: »
    Yea a couple of them failed from stuff they had online. Now is definitely the time for people to clean up their online presence. Close accounts and clean social media. I got rid of my fb etc before my dv vetting and I havnt went back. So much less drama without it lol. Only thing I have now is Instagram. Cause it's really private if you want it to be and easy to keep it the way you want it.

Did you have to make a new FB account or just deactivate completely?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

Maxi515 wrote: »
    Yea a couple of them failed from stuff they had online. Now is definitely the time for people to clean up their online presence. Close accounts and clean social media. I got rid of my fb etc before my dv vetting and I havnt went back. So much less drama without it lol. Only thing I have now is Instagram. Cause it's really private if you want it to be and easy to keep it the way you want it.

I went a bit overboard and deleted every picture and post individually. But then I decided to just deactivate the account completly because God knows what kind of stuff my mates would tag me in lol.
    One of my friends in psni just deactivated his old account before recruitment and opened a new one just for close friends and family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Just purge your friends list

Are you supposed to provide links to your account or like login information? The PSNI never asked for it last time I done vetting.

They don't need it, as long as they have your name and driving licence info they will find your social media accounts, jesus even bebo might come.

I'd say they will just ask you to disclose your user names

• Advertisement

I wonder if your gaming network profiles come under social media...

I think they will ask for user names.

social media

noun

websites and applications that enable users to create and share content or to participate in social networking.

So not sure if gaming counts.
    Would this count as social media?

No harm putting it down

If you guys want to get fit bit not really think about it go running where there's a good load of street lights equidistant apart. Start jogging then once you are warmed up, do Intervals. Keep jogging, get to the first lamp post sprint to the 2nd. Jog to the 3rd and then repeat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

They don't need it, as long as they have your name and driving licence info they will find your social media accounts, jesus even bebo might come.

I'd say they will just ask you to disclose your user names

Bebo, ha, haven’t heard that in years. *panics at remembering some awful email addresses created that seemed cool at the time*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭majgreen

There's a piece of software used by the media that analyses social media profiles. All you have to do is enter a name and rough age and location and it will show you all social media profiles matching the criteria. Its how the likes of Belfast Live post pictures of people involved in incidents before the police do... And yes, it even finds locked/private profiles.....

In previous campaigns they never sent vetting out until after the AC. I honestly cant see that changing.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Rookie23

Hi guys! Really trying to knuckle down now and get some serious work done for my AC in early March. Interesting to know how everyone else is revising and I would really appreciate any tips.

Honestly there isnt alot to practice for AC, if previous campaigns are to go by, its roleplay, nothing is designed to catch you out. Common sense and be a good talker and listener. Also, read the instructions carefully, I glanced over them and missed vital information, worst part was I did it again the following campaign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Slo85

Arghh A/C this week and I’m literally bricking it. Good luck to everyone who has theirs too.

Slo85 wrote: »
    Arghh A/C this week and I’m literally bricking it. Good luck to everyone who has theirs too.
    You will be fine. Just take your time reading instructions etc. :)

You will be fine. Just take your time reading instructions etc. :)

Thanks. I’ve been trying to go over various scenarios in my head but there’s not a lot of preparation you can do.
    Will defo read and reread the instructions. Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Robocop2k16

Good luck! You'll be grand. I've got mine soon too.

Good luck! You'll be grand. I've got mine soon too.

Thanks. Good luck to you too.

Now mine is quite a bit away I’m thinking if they had given me the day off work it would have been done by now. But at least I wont have as long to wait afterwards. That can be just as bad, thinking about everything you think you have done wrong.

• Advertisement

Goonerdee wrote: »
    Now mine is quite a bit away I’m thinking if they had given me the day off work it would have been done by now. But at least I wont have as long to wait afterwards. That can be just as bad, thinking about everything you think you have done wrong.

This will be me. I will come out and analyse everything I’ve did. The results are so far off too so I will be overthinking everything until I know if I’ve passed or failed.

This will be me. I will come out and analyse everything I’ve did. The results are so far off too so I will be overthinking everything until I know if I’ve passed or failed.

Same with myself last time around. Walked about feeling completely rattled by it all. Took some notes straight after to read over what I could do to improve if I had to do it again. Turns out I done quite well at the AC. It's only natural and inevitable that you will feel that way. We all just have to accept it until May time.

Same with myself last time around. Walked about feeling completely rattled by it all. Took some notes straight after to read over what I could do to improve if I had to do it again. Turns out I done quite well at the AC. It's only natural and inevitable that you will feel that way. We all just have to accept it until May time.

I’ve took the approach what will be will be. I’ve done as much as I can in trying to prepare for the A/C but as we all know sometimes things don’t work out. I hope I’ve done enough but if not I will be better prepared for next time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭BlueCop8790

Best of luck slo, I'm sure you'll be fine. Just take it all in your stride. My AC isn't for ages but like goonerdee said it has its pros and cons.

Best of luck slo, I'm sure you'll be fine. Just take it all in your stride. My AC isn't for ages but like goonerdee said it has its pros and cons.

Thank you. One bit of advise I was told was remember to breathe lol. Fingers crossed it all works out the way I hope. I will be glad to get it over with and then stress about results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭stm1

How long after the previous campaigns last squad enters GV does it take for the next campaigns first squad to start? Just trying to figure out when the 1710 guys will be starting. If the last of 1509 goes in April would they really wait until September for the 1710ers.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 mrlovalova22

stm1 wrote: »
    How long after the previous campaigns last squad enters GV does it take for the next campaigns first squad to start? Just trying to figure out when the 1710 guys will be starting. If the last of 1509 goes in April would they really wait until September for the 1710ers.

We are the first campaign to "fast track" the recruitment drive, so it's hard to actually give a timeline based on the 1709's completing. From the start of our campaign they have stated 6 months to be appointed, so fingers crossed!!!!!

Tgat's 6 months for the top scorers who sail tgrough PCA, Vetting and medicals

I can’t see them taking in any before Aug/sept. With results of the a/c not out until May then, pca and medicals along with vetting. Hopefully I’m wrong tho.

Any idea what previous squad sizes were for GV?

• Advertisement

6months is for top scorers plus with stormount still not functioning there is no budget set for this recruitment so basically it could take any length of time. Best thing to do is not give it a time frame and just go with it. As long as you havnt got the "dear john" there is nothing to worry about.

Advertisement