Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

Nor have I. Again, my AC is a few weeks off but for some people that didn't seem to matter. My candidate number is in the 200s region. Did anyone plus 200 who hasn't done their AC yet receive the forms?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

For anyone that hasn't received their packs yet it states that there must be photographs of all your tattoos. So maybe get them printed off tonight so you can send forms back as soon as you recieve yours and have it filled out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭KN1231999

These forms look so scary... my first time filling out something like this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

I'd be getting a full credit report and just copying stuff over for the financial stuff, dont want to stall your vetting because you missed something and they find it

10 years of employment is always the worst part.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

NiK9 wrote: »
    10 years of employment is always the worst part.

Aye, I think dealing with vs HR departments is what slows down the whole vetting process. Especially if you've been all over the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭sparkylarky

Got my forms and havnt done my a.c. yet. They didn't spare on the tape to close the envelope lol. Had to use a knife to get into it haha.

One of my cellotape had been cut already I was a bit worried sombody looked it it but the actual envelope wasnt opened cause the glue was still holding it togther and it would have ripped if it was opened

Are you supposed to put in girlfriends even if you havent lived togther?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Slo85

Got my forms and havnt done my a.c. yet. They didn't spare on the tape to close the envelope lol. Had to use a knife to get into it haha.

One of my cellotape had been cut already I was a bit worried sombody looked it it but the actual envelope wasnt opened cause the glue was still holding it togther and it would have ripped if it was opened

Maybe mine will arrive tomorrow. Well hopefully.

Like ex girlfriends lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

My envelope was torn down the side, I’m hoping it happened when the postie shoved it through the letterbox!

Goonerdee wrote: »
    My envelope was torn down the side, I’m hoping it happened when the postie shoved it through the letterbox!
    Hopefully it was only that! It's a bit of a security risk!!

Hope so.

Regarding social media, does anyone know if this site has to be declared?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Sparkyv90

Hi folks, just managing to get on the forum here now, still have not recieved mine yet either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Slo85

Sparkyv90 wrote: »
    Hi folks, just managing to get on the forum here now, still have not recieved mine yet either

Thank goodness I’m not the only one.

I don't know how I'm gonna answer these questions, ive never had a credit card so do I still have a credit report? All these things are scaring me but I think I'm overthinking it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭BlueCop8790

KN1231999 wrote: »
    I don't know how I'm gonna answer these questions, ive never had a credit card so do I still have a credit report? All these things are scaring me but I think I'm overthinking it
    Don't worry, you'll be grand, you won't have a credit score if you've never had a credit card.

Sparkyv90 wrote: »

Welcome!! I see youve stole some of my username haha :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭BlueCop8790

I'm also still awaiting the vetting forms but I guess they have to send over 2000 out which understandably may take a couple of days.

I'm also still awaiting the vetting forms but I guess they have to send over 2000 out which understandably may take a couple of days.
    Yea and a serious amount of paper and ink lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭stm1

Hope so.

I wouldn't think so. Is social media not like Facebook and Twitter? This is just a forum....I'd probably have a list the length of my arm of the ones I'm signed up to.

stm1 wrote: »
    Hope so.

I wouldn't think so. Is social media not like Facebook and Twitter? This is just a forum....I'd probably have a list the length of my arm of the ones I'm signed up to.

By definition this is social media

Are you supposed to put in girlfriends even if you havent lived togther?
    It's to do with time spent together rather than living together.

do I have to put down my step mum and step dads parents? Cause I have never met them or know who they are and on my step mums side they're both deceased? I am so confused

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭majgreen

do I have to put down my step mum and step dads parents? Cause I have never met them or know who they are and on my step mums side they're both deceased? I am so confused

Better to over declare than under declare

Hope so.

It says chatrooms on the forms actually.

There isn't any questions regarding grandparents /stepgrandparents lol.
    Only people details you need is your mum, dad and or their partners.

Hope so.

So declare this site then...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Tom_90

Hey all,
    I see from previous campaigns that not everyone turned up to AC. For those who have already done theirs, was this the case? I hope so as it can only help us in the long run!

• Advertisement

Hope so.

So declare this site then...

Doesnt mention chatrooms on my form, mine says...
    Do you use social networking sites yes no

If yes provide sites with networking site name, name displayed, unique id or identifier, and associated email address.

Advertisement