Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

SUFTUM95 wrote: »
    Unfortunately! Nothing worse than falling so far beneath the standards you set for yourself. I absolutely crumbled under the pressure. :(

I haven't heard one board turn around and say, 'Wow, that was easy'. On the day no one in my group felt like they had passed with flying colours. Stop doubting yourself, it may not be as bad as what you think.

70 days to go. Put it to the back of your mind but don't write yourself off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Robocop2k16

Slo85 wrote: »
    Time to delete the account after that shambles.
    Best of luck to everyone still in the process. You’ll ace it!

You up today?

Unfortunately! Nothing worse than falling so far beneath the standards you set for yourself. I absolutely crumbled under the pressure. :(

You might surprise yourself! Take note of what you can improve on and to look out for next time.

If you have to do it again you have that valuable experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Chin up matey the police will always be there and you DON'T actually KNOW how you have done so just go with it.

In the grand scheme of things it's not like you can't have another crack, however I do think that your score will pleasantly surprise you.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Bananarama1512

Hi guys, was always too nervous to post and unsure of what to say so first time poster here. First time applying and I was also up yesterday. It’s tough and really impossible to gauge how you have performed In my opinion but let’s try and stay positive. Just wanted to wish good luck to everyone still to do AC and those awaiting results now like me hopefully it flies by.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

Hi guys, was always too nervous to post and unsure of what to say so first time poster here. First time applying and I was also up yesterday. It’s tough and really impossible to gauge how you have performed In my opinion but let’s try and stay positive. Just wanted to wish good luck to everyone still to do AC and those awaiting results now like me hopefully it flies by.

Welcome to the group :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Bananarama1512

Thank you 😊

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Robocop2k16

Welcome aboard. Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

Another week closer to my assessment centre starting to feel a little nervous.. especially with your posts about it being hard..all we can do is try our best. Good luck to everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭BlueCop8790

Another week closer to my assessment centre starting to feel a little nervous.. especially with your posts about it being hard..all we can do is try our best. Good luck to everyone.
    All the best mate, Im just under a month away from my AC but I'm preparing for the AC as much as I can. Just go in with a positive mindset, don't let anybody's comments throw you off.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

All the best mate, Im just under a month away from my AC but I'm preparing for the AC as much as I can. Just go in with a positive mindset, don't let anybody's comments throw you off.

Thank you. I haven't started any preparation yet..I'm not even really sure to begin to be honest

• Advertisement

Don't stress yourselves out. There is only so much you can really prepare for the unknown. Having done it, I don't know what I would do to prepare again other than a good nights rest beforehand and if possible try to centre myself just a little bit more. I think a lot of it on the day is just emotional state. Try and be calm... if that is possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 OllieA3

Hi folks, first time poster here and first time applying for the job. This site has been a great source of encouragement and information throughout the long process, and still lots of waits ahead of us hopefully, (in a good way). Good luck to you if you still have the AC to sit, and to everyone waiting for the results, good luck with the wait. Silly question time, when I read about people scores on the merit list for entry to GV, is that the score (assuming it’s a pass) from the AC? Thanks in advance.

OllieA3 wrote: »
    Hi folks, first time poster here and first time applying for the job. This site has been a great source of encouragement and information throughout the long process, and still lots of waits ahead of us hopefully, (in a good way). Good luck to you if you still have the AC to sit, and to everyone waiting for the results, good luck with the wait. Silly question time, when I read about people scores on the merit list for entry to GV, is that the score (assuming it’s a pass) from the AC? Thanks in advance.
    Yep, they're talking about their AC score, your score determines how quick you'll get into GV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 OllieA3

Yep, they're talking about their AC score, your score determines how quick you'll get into GV.

Thanks, Let’s hope for a pass, and a good pass too, everything crossed.

Thanks, Let’s hope for a pass, and a good pass too, everything crossed.

Yea the difference between a pass and a good pass is the difference between a 6 month wait and possibly 2 years (if you go by 1509).
    We are in competition with each other but still here to help everyone. Welcome to the group :)

On a funny note, to get everyone's nind off the dreaded AC, what does everyone think of the sassy-ness of PSNI social media?

I find Craigavon to be the sassiest lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Slo85

I think it’s such a good idea. Will be a bit more banter betweeen ballymena and Larne with the football coming up.

NiK9 wrote: »
    Yea the difference between a pass and a good pass is the difference between a 6 month wait and possibly 2 years (if you go by 1509).
    We are in competition with each other but still here to help everyone. Welcome to the group :)

Question: If say I scored a low pass in 1710, and there was another campaign starting this year, when would they stop using the merit list of 1710 for candidates?

No you are live in each list until it is chinned or you withdraw yourself

No you are live in each list until it is chinned or you withdraw yourself

Can you elaborate on chinned? Chinned as in the PSNI decide to stop using a list because a new list is available or chinned as in one list is exhausted, move to the next list.

• Advertisement

They are speeding up recruitment and looks liek they are going to the pre recruitment freeze process.

Chinned means they stop using it.

2001-2009 once a new list was formed they took the top third from the previous list and chinned the rest. Hence you had people on like 4 lists at the same time.

Also the problem with the process they were doing 2013 to 2015

Was that if you had a low pass, when the next list was formed you were then dropped even furrher down the list as the people from the next campaign who scored higher were brought forward before you... Only times this didnt happen was of you were at a furtger stage i. e. PCA and/or medical done

bcf.png

That makes things easier.

I really hope thia new process will start annual recruitment like it was in the 2000s as even if you fail you won't suffer any skill fade from a 2 year wait from your last attempt

Was that if you had a low pass, when the next list was formed you were then dropped even furrher down the list as the people from the next campaign who scored higher were brought forward before you... Only times this didnt happen was of you were at a furtger stage i. e. PCA and/or medical done
    I get what you mean banter but didn't PSNI change the original process to save costs ? That's what I thought anyway as it takes more people from each campaign rather than relying on multiple campaigns. Just with PSNI's current budget and the amount of officers leaving I thought they would stick to their current recruitment process rather than returning to the old one.

The only reason the previous process of constant recruitment wasn't cost effective was 50/50.

As they processed so many people put had to get rid of people thus literally pissing money into the wind as regardless of the merits of 50/50 money was still spent on assessing people. Plus the old process was also quite clerical....

Invigilated tests
    Physical application forms etc

I get what you mean banter but didn't PSNI change the original process to save costs ? That's what I thought anyway as it takes more people from each campaign rather than relying on multiple campaigns. Just with PSNI's current budget and the amount of officers leaving I thought they would stick to their current recruitment process rather than returning to the old one.

Don't get me wrong they arent going back to the old method. They will use the current method but with the old system of doing a campaign more often.

I personally think they should do it a bit more like the mainland forces. Smaller recruitment but more of them. Police Scotland have had constant recruitment for the last couple of years as far as I'm aware.
    On mainland they have the SEARCH assessment. Which, if you pass your score is active for 2 years. So someone could apply to go on the SEARCH course now, do their assessment get a pass and then hold off for 6months+ to finish uni, get married, etc etc.

• Advertisement

Also guys if it's policing in general you want to do and you arent specifically set on PSNI you can go to the Mainland. If you pass an English or Welsh assessment cemtre you can join an Welsh or English police service bar the MOD police or the Nuclear Constabulary

Advertisement