Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Robocop2k16

May the fourth be with us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Clearscore is free and gets its info from experian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Equifax not Experian is who owns Clearscore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭takodah

Check your emails if your assessment is soon. Beast from the east is snow fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

I wonder how this will effect future overall funding

Terror threat from Northern Ireland downgraded by MI5 - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43242726

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭takodah

NiK9 wrote: »

Terror threat from Northern Ireland downgraded by MI5 - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43242726

Still the same over here tho so no change here maybe across the water

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭BlueCop8790

If one of the AC's were to be cancelled could it have an effect on the rest of the AC dates ?

If one of the AC's were to be cancelled could it have an effect on the rest of the AC dates ?

No the cancled dates will be added onto the end Or people will be offered empty spaces which are free from people who have requested date changes.

No the cancled dates will be added onto the end Or people will be offered empty spaces which are free from people who have requested date changes.
    Thanks, wasn't too sure if it would have a knock on effect on the rest of us.

Obviously I can't say with 100% certainty, but it wouldn't make sense to change everyone when they can just change 1 class.
    Has some been cancled due to weather?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

Long may it continue to downgrade! If we make it past GV we'll want that threat as low as possible. No one wants a visit in the night from one of these groups. At least now nearly every dissident knows they cannot leave the house now without being searched x amount of times by police.

Obviously I can't say with 100% certainty, but it wouldn't make sense to change everyone when they can just change 1 class.
    Has some been cancled due to weather?
    Yeah that sounds like the sensible decision but who knows ? I don't think any AC's have been cancelled as of yet.

Theres an update on the join psni site about some AC cancellations. Just keep a wee eye if you are up soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Maxi515 wrote: »
    Long may it continue to downgrade! If we make it past GV we'll want that threat as low as possible. No one wants a visit in the night from one of these groups. At least now nearly every dissident knows they cannot leave the house now without being searched x amount of times by police.

That's the threat from NI related terrorism in GB, NI threat level is still Severe.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

That's the threat from NI related terrorism in GB, NI threat level is still Severe.

I know... takodah pointed that out this early afternoon. As I was saying, long may it continue...

Been a bit quiet here, how is everyone getting on?

Anyone get out to enjoy the snow?

I have a little question about the PCA. What happens if you hit a cone? Is it a time penalty?

A girl I know who is in now said that she got a three sec time penalty for coming off the beam, so you assume it would be the same for a cone

Just awaiting the AC, preparing as much as I can.
    When it comes to snow I dispise even the sight of it. So thankfully camped in and watched society crumble due to the 'beast from the east' lol.
    Although if i successfully get into the police I'll undoubtedly have to face the storms head on.

Actually enjoy driving in the snow, going routes other folk won't simply because I know how to climb down gears lol

• Advertisement

Had a little incident stuck in the snow in one of our pandas. Ofcourse I had to get out and dig us out/push whilst my female colleague sat reading daily mail :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭stm1

Is there such a thing as a driving job in psni?

Not sure if I am more appealed by her not helping or her reading of the daily mail 😂

Jk jk

My uncle once had to chase folk up a hill in a shogun...forgot to stick it in AWD....

Appalled*

stm1 wrote: »

I know as part of your CPD file you have to do a basic driving cours , then you have t do a blue light course. Then there is TPAC and Advanced TPAC I believe

Yea I've heard of those. I was thinking more like HGV i suppose.

Water cannon operators I believe get their HGV licence. And some industrial police staff do.

I have a little question about the PCA. What happens if you hit a cone? Is it a time penalty?

From what I've seen if you make a mistake on an obstale you have to restart that obstacle. So the only time penalty would be how long it takes you to do it again?

stm1 wrote: »

If you want a driving job get your C class licence theory and apply for driver training for the tangy. Drivers arnt allowed to leave the vehicles so you are literally driving or sitting for the whole day.
    Only way to do it full time would be to apply to TSG.
    A friend of mine did nearly all his overtime shifts as a tangy driver in various districts while he was still in probation. He didn't enjoy all the driving but it was extra money for him and easy enough work being a driver.

• Advertisement

Pardon my ignorance.....whats a tangy?

Advertisement