Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

8 weeks on Fri. :):)
    I know I'm getting to far ahead but does anyone know how much notice people will get with their medical? I'll need to grow my hair haha. I don't think i have a 3cm hair on my whole body.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

NiK9 wrote: »
    I know I'm getting to far ahead but does anyone know how much notice people will get with their medical? I'll need to grow my hair haha. I don't think i have a 3cm hair on my whole body.

I was just thinking the same thing... I better grow it out for now. Previously, there was a candidate who couldn't provide a hair sample and his application was declined. He took the PSNI to court and they ruled in his favour. The police said alternative arrangements for urine analysis would be made in future for people who cannot provide a hair sample. At the same time it's probably worth writing to substance misuse beforehand to clarify. It would take me about 2 months to grow that amount of hair. They will also take chest hair and underarm hair too btw.

Maxi515 wrote: »

I was just thinking the same thing... I better grow it out for now. Previously, there was a candidate who couldn't provide a hair sample and his application was declined. He took the PSNI to court and they ruled in his favour. The police said alternative arrangements for urine analysis would be made in future for people who cannot provide a hair sample. At the same time it's probably worth writing to substance misuse beforehand to clarify. It would take me about 2 months to grow that amount of hair. They will also take chest hair and underarm hair too btw.

Mine grows fast so i get it cut nearly to skin, but God knows what shape it will look if I just stop and let it grow haha

Mine grows fast so i get it cut nearly to skin, but God knows what shape it will look if I just stop and let it grow haha

5a27fe9361361f0eac63ab08.jpg

Wouldn't be far off id imagine lmao. Although I'm ginger so I wouldn't suit the fake tan the way Donald does haha

• Advertisement

Wouldn't be far off id imagine lmao. Although I'm ginger so I wouldn't suit the fake tan the way Donald does haha

I think you get marked down for that at the medical :pac: :pac: ;)

I think you get marked down for that at the medical :pac: :pac: ;)

Hahaha, atleast my BMI should be low, since I don't have a soul to weigh me down lmao

Hahaha, atleast my BMI should be low, since I don't have a soul to weigh me down lmao

That's perfect. You won't have to wear a flack vest out on patrol. :pac: No soul, no fear of death.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Rookie23

Another fellow ginger! Here for the takeover 😆

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

• Advertisement

Scum absolute scum.

Hiding in the dark like the cowards they are

They dont know who is going to get in that car. Kids could have been in the car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Slo85

They dont know who is going to get in that car. Kids could have been in the car

They couldn’t care who getting in the car. Kids or not and that’s the scary part.

Twisted people with the mentality that if they murder a toddler and their peeler parent a united ireland will happen.

Boils my blood

Thank jesus

Hope the manufacturers warranty hasn't ran out...

As you know guys I was critical of AC courses in a few posts previous to this. However, I got a private message from a 'student' of a course tutor. It was somewhat passive aggressive. He is claiming that he designed the IST and AC for this specific process and offering good tuition. I'm inferring from that that this course provider must work for Deloitte. If this is true, what does this mean for the integrity/transparency of the recruitment process?

(I'm very sceptical whether these claims are legit. I think a tutor is just annoyed his future sales might take a hit.)

I'll post a copy of the message below and you can decide whether or not I'm making a mountain out of a molehill.

RIwAX5V.jpg

Shouldn't have covered their name lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Robocop2k16

Unless that user has a decent few posts on the board etc I would take it with a pinch

I just don't understand why so many people on these posts become so angry and aggressive over things they "know". Knowing something and knowing what youve been told are two very different things.
    Never mind having to possibly train with each other for 6 months, we could have to share a room with someone on this that we argued with (if staying in Hotel GV lol). We all just need to get along. Voice our opinions but not argue them lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Robocop2k16

Share a room with maxi? You've got to be joking :D

I received a bit more hatemail there and some back stepping. Apparently, he knows someone who 'designed a recipe' for Deloitte. A big bad ex-superintendent no less! *Salutes* I feel bad for ever questioning him now.... yawn. In other words, his coach is an ex-cop like all the rest of them, who has no idea what is on the actual AC. If you'd believe this you'd think nearly every cop who walked in the GV gates had to pay a fee for private training in order to get where they are today.

9p6cgzG.png

Whoops... the name was redacted.. how did that happen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Tom_90

I also attended a course as it was my first AC. To be honest when I got to the AC it all went out the window. No course will prepare you for it. I’m glad I went to the course though, if I hadn’t of attended I would of blamed my poor performance on not doing the course!

Live and learn!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Wilbur08

Add all you want. My point was that your negativity towards every tutor basically stank. Many people have benefitted from tutors yet you thought it appropriate to force your opinion time and time again. I was privately messaging you after you replied to my comment giving your “two cents”. It was also not aggressive in any form and you have just proven you are abit of an prick causing a drama.

Oh and again I will repeat - go to a course yourself. You will learn he/she and equality, never make assumptions. There is a few marks lost for you already for assuming I am a Male.....

END OF ISSUE

Wilbur08 wrote: »
    Add all you want. My point was that your negativity towards every tutor basically stank. Many people have benefitted from tutors yet you thought it appropriate to force your opinion time and time again. I was privately messaging you after you replied to my comment giving your “two cents”. It was also not aggressive in any form and you have just proven you are abit of an prick causing a drama.

Oh and again I will repeat - go to a course yourself. You will learn he/she and equality, never make assumptions. There is a few marks lost for you already for assuming I am a Male.....

END OF ISSUE

Based on the information expressed by real people here, a majority of people questioned the practical value of the advice but appreciated the 'practise' with role plays. To think that you need to fork out hundreds of pounds to ex police officers, who have no idea what Deloitte are going to produce to dramatically increase your chances is at best wishful thinking and at worse taking advantage of peoples hopes and aspirations. I've said what others have said. Of course, people should experience it if they want to, and find out the value in such courses for themselves. I don't think this practise should be 'banned' in any way.

I'm sorry if this hits you or your coach in the pocket but unless you're a mind reader it's best not to oversell your promises to people who are desperate to fulfil their dreams.

Because you say 'end of issue' in caps lock, doesn't make it so. Did your coach teach you to be affirmative and blunt? Was that apart of the role plays? *When you don't like what someone else says, loudly tell them "end of issue"* lol

Maxi me and you dont always see eye to eye but this is vergiing on bullying, when a person contacts you in person it is meant to be confidential regardless of the nature of the message.

Unless it is overtly aggressive.

Name and shaming someone is absolitrly horrendous behavioir and for someone who holds themselves in such high regard as you do i think this is a massive integrity fail...

• Advertisement

I suggest you apologise maxi. Honestly mate, atrocious behaviour

Advertisement