Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

Maxi me and you dont always see eye to eye but this is vergiing on bullying, when a person contacts you in person it is meant to be confidential regardless of the nature of the message.

Unless it is overtly aggressive.

Name and shaming someone is absolitrly horrendous behavioir and for someone who holds themselves in such high regard as you do i think this is a massive integrity fail...

Someone messaged me asking me not to criticise the value of AC courses with a clear commercial agenda. If anything, messaging me privately, telling me 'not to speak' essentially about this issue, is veiled intimidation. As for integrity, you're the last person I would take lessons from. You where name calling me a social justice warrior last week. All I have done is published a private message that crossed transparency lines. It's up to everyone else to make up their own minds as to how genuine WillBur is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Mate this proves that.

You only see what you want to see.

I hope you grow into a man before you attest rather than acting like a wee boy

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Wilbur08

Maxi515 wrote: »
    Wilbur08 wrote: »
    Add all you want. My point was that your negativity towards every tutor basically stank. Many people have benefitted from tutors yet you thought it appropriate to force your opinion time and time again. I was privately messaging you after you replied to my comment giving your “two cents”. It was also not aggressive in any form and you have just proven you are abit of an prick causing a drama.

Oh and again I will repeat - go to a course yourself. You will learn he/she and equality, never make assumptions. There is a few marks lost for you already for assuming I am a Male.....

END OF ISSUE

Based on the information expressed by real people here, a majority of people questioned the practical value of the advice but appreciated the 'practise' with role plays. To think that you need to fork out hundreds of pounds to ex police officers, who have no idea what Deloitte are going to produce to dramatically increase your chances is at best wishful thinking and at worse taking advantage of peoples hopes and aspirations. I've said what others have said. Of course, people should experience it if they want to, and find out the value in such courses for themselves. I don't think this practise should be 'banned' in any way.

I'm sorry if this hits you or your coach in the pocket but unless you're a mind reader it's best not to oversell your promises to people who are desperate to fulfil their dreams.

Because you say 'end of issue' in caps lock, doesn't make it so. Did your coach teach you to be affirmative and blunt? Was that apart of the role plays? *When you don't like what someone else says, loudly tell them "end of issue"* lol

Well my first point will be I never once mentioned my tutor (I messaged you privately to hide the identity) and number two you have completely missed the point ..... and no his exact words in that situation were “tell the pricks to settle down and be affirmative” so that’s what I just did

We also all know we cant trust you now...

We may differ in views but up until this point o had a lot of respect for you.

Unlike you sir i respect other people's opinions and beliefs.

I suggest you apologise maxi. Honestly mate, atrocious behaviour

Someone claimed they had inside knowledge of a process they shouldn't have. I published it for people to make up their own minds. It turned out to be BS. I stand over what I've said.

You don't need to pay cash for shady classrooms to be a cop. You can if you want to but they're falsely promising inside information when they don't have it. You don't *have* to do any of these things and if anyone messages me privately, for criticising the practice, they should have done it publically, under scrutiny.

I apologise if Willbur feels embarrassed by making these claims, but the onus is on him not to exaggerate the truth in public or private.

• Advertisement

We also all know we cant trust you now...

We may differ in views but up until this point o had a lot of respect for you.

Unlike you sir i respect other people's opinions and beliefs.

So you would support someone privately messaging me, essentially suggesting that I stop criticising con AC courses? Please. You're a contradiction. At least try and be consistent.

Well my first point will be I never once mentioned my tutor (I messaged you privately to hide the identity) and number two you have completely missed the point ..... and no his exact words in that situation were “tell the pricks to settle down and be affirmative” so that’s what I just did

Well, lets see how how telling pricks to settle down works out for you in the AC. Good luck with that advice. I hope it was worth the cash lol. I'd be asking for a refund. A complete con job. ;)

Even in public, your tutor's identity isn't compromised. They aren't named. You didn't name them. I didn't publush any names. If that was a genuine concern, why would you PM someone you don't know in real life and disclose identities?

The point of publishing the screenshots was to show what utter nonsense it was... and of all people, Banterbus rushes to your defence. There's a reference worth shouting about.

Prove where I ever said I had inside knowledge of something I shouldn’t have. Where did I even mention Deloitte in my message! Oh maxi maxi maxi use your common sense mate it’s kind of expected when you go to GV ..... and again HIM! Learn from your mistakes!

Maxi you are entitled to you opinion but honestly trying to burn someone is horrendous.

This is worse.

Mate so what someone messaged you?

You do the right thing not copy what they have done.

And no the sender is wrong to try and stop you voicing your opinion but tonthen try and shame them?

I thought better of you.

Chameleon chameleon chameleon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

Since I don't know how to post pics, use your imagination...

**Michael Jackson sitting eating popcorn ** lol

I'll try and be Switzerland for a min.

Right guys everyone is entitled to their opinions. No matter if it is in public or private message.
    Everyone is entitled to love or hate courses and instructors. I've used them and didn't learn much but found the role plays helpful. Other people on the same course could have learnt loads but be paired with people in rolls plays that didn't really help. So complete opposite of me.

As for the trust comment. None of us should really trust any of us until induction day. We are all in compeition against each other for a position and also on the other hand any one of you could be a DR trying to collect Intel on dates and locations of thing. There is a reason after all we used random letters/ numbers /words for our account name.
    While talking on this if you don't want something public don't say it even in PM.

Now let's all go back to being the best friends a stranger could have lol.

• Advertisement

Prove where I ever said I had inside knowledge of something I shouldn’t have. Where did I even mention Deloitte in my message! Oh maxi maxi maxi use your common sense mate it’s kind of expected when you go to GV ..... and again HIM! Learn from your mistakes!

Wilbur please chill, you cant argue with ignorance

Currently eating homemade toast and only cost me £60 for the cookery course ðŸ‘ðŸ¼

NiK9 wrote: »
    Since I don't know how to post pics, use your imagination...

**Michael Jackson sitting eating popcorn ** lol

I'll try and be Switzerland for a min.

Right guys everyone is entitled to their opinions. No matter if it is in public or private message.
    Everyone is entitled to love or hate courses and instructors. I've used them and didn't learn much but found the role plays helpful. Other people on the same course could have learnt loads but be paired with people in rolls plays that didn't really help. So complete opposite of me.

As for the trust comment. None of us should really trust any of us until induction day. We are all in compeition against each other for a position and also on the other hand any one of you could be a DR trying to collect Intel on dates and locations of thing. There is a reason after all we used random letters/ numbers /words for our account name.
    While talking on this if you don't want something public don't say it even in PM.

Now let's all go back to being the best friends a stranger could have lol.

I would prefer this but bullyimg can't really be tolerated can it?

My one massive hatred in life is double standards....

Stating that i push an agenda all the time and thatvthis needs to be an open and welcoming environment then turns and does this to someone.

Sad really.

This was thread was set up to support each other, voice concerns and have a chat. Debates got heated but there was respect. Now this is just a **** show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Robocop2k16

Beat me to the popcorn meme Nik lol

Honestly though as a peeler you will work with colleagues who you really don't see eye to eye with or who severely p!ss you off on a daily basis I can assure you. But if it comes to it you would take a bullet each other because thats the type of person you are to join this job.

Now lets just forget the tutor b#ll$cks and get on with it

Anyone have to do an IST resit?

Depeche mode....

People are people

giphy.gif

Is this what you're looking for? :pac: Too many carbs too close to the PCA ;)

giphy.gif

Is this what you're looking for? :pac: Too many carbs too close to the PCA ;)

That's the exact one lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

I prefer this one :D

OddballEmotionalBlueshark-max-1mb.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Roadrats67

Wow

• Advertisement

Read the comments between a couple on here and can i say that Maxi should consider pulling out of the recruitment process. His bullying tactics and slating of another’s opinion who was obviously trying to help others was unbelievable. Also he/she should consider some extra training as they assumed that Wilbur is a male, referring to them constantly as HE, first rule is never assume Maxi. I offer you this training for free if you need any further advice and guidance please feel free to ask. Feel free to criticise my comment I will keep pointing out what a single minded self righteous cretin you are! Good luck to all those trying to get into what is described as the Worlds best Police service. Most of you will make excellent Police officers, (not Cops as described by Maxi, must watch too much American TV)

Roadrats67 wrote: »
    Read the comments between a couple on here and can i say that Maxi should consider pulling out of the recruitment process. His bullying tactics and slating of another’s opinion who was obviously trying to help others was unbelievable. Also he/she should consider some extra training as they assumed that Wilbur is a male, referring to them constantly as HE, first rule is never assume Maxi. I offer you this training for free if you need any further advice and guidance please feel free to ask. Feel free to criticise my comment I will keep pointing out what a single minded self righteous cretin you are! Good luck to all those trying to get into what is described as the Worlds best Police service. Most of you will make excellent Police officers, (not Cops as described by Maxi, must watch too much American TV)

Oh! That's a lot for your first comment. Are you related to anyone? Anyone who is constantly on this forum and went offline just some time ago? I'll leave everyone to judge your covername. Two words, followed by two numbers. You're an idiot mate if you think anyone doesn't realise who this is LOL. Conveniently who joined straight after a tête-à-tête with another user. Forgive me if I take your contribution with a pinch of salt.

Also, I'm from a working class, west belfastian background. We use the colloquial term 'cops' in everyday conversation.

Oh I think you should bypass the recruitment and become a detective immediately your skills are just superb. Not. Though I welcome any person with your back ground to apply! However you would still need to learn that mate Is frowned upon and so is the terminology COP, don’t keep proving that you need some extra assistance!

Roadrats67 wrote: »

Oh! That's a lot for your first comment. Are you related to anyone? Anyone who is constantly on this forum and went offline just some time ago? I'll leave everyone to judge your covername. Two words, followed by two numbers. You're an idiot mate if you think anyone doesn't realise who this is LOL. Conveniently who joined straight after a tête-à-tête with another user. Forgive me if I take your contribution with a pinch of salt.

Also, I'm from a working class, west belfastian background. We use the colloquial term 'cops' in everyday conversation.

You arent though are you...

Hi Banterbus are we related by some chance? We must be as we have two names and two numbers.

Must be chum

Welcome to the family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭BlueCop8790

Guys, this is getting ridiculous. I'm not here to jump on anyone's side but can we please leave this here. I think I speak for the majority of people who use this forum, that we don't want to see constant bickering and arguing.
    Personally I use this forum for the great information that it provides however as I read through the old posts I notice the banter and helpfulness of past users, how times have changed eh?

This arguing can be perceived as off putting and I can imaging how discouraging it could be for new users or lurkers to ever post on this forum.

Took words right out of my mouth bluecop.

• Advertisement

Completely. To be clear, I've left it all behind since Robocops post. I've no interest in discussing this further. Back to business.

Advertisement