Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭BlueCop8790

So how's everyone getting on with the AC? Much people left on here still to complete it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Slo85

So how's everyone getting on with the AC? Much people left on here still to complete it ?

I feel like mine was years ago and it only been just over a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

Slo85 wrote: »

Like a traumatic event from long ago. If I pass I might get knocked back at the medical for PTSD.

Maxi515 wrote: »

Like a traumatic event from long ago. If I pass I might get knocked back at the medical for PTSD.

Ha you got it in one. I’m more worried about my fitness levels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

It's the one thing you can 100% prepare for atleast.

• Advertisement

NiK9 wrote: »

It's the one thing you can 100% prepare for atleast.

Thank god. Time to put the weights down and start making these little legs run ðŸ႒ðŸ¼*♀️

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

HIIT is your friend for training.

3min 54 and max effort you need to get that VO2 max up

For strength focus on upper body and core. Pulls up, press ups, sit ups and crunches should be enough.

HIIT is your friend for training.

3min 54 and max effort you need to get that VO2 max up

Cheers for that. They have this classes in the gym. Will give them a try.

For strength focus on upper body and core. Pulls up, press ups, sit ups and crunches should be enough.

Not worried about strength for a girl I’m pretty strong it’s the endurance for running that I lack 🙈😂

• Advertisement

Not worried about strength for a girl I’m pretty strong it’s the endurance for running that I lack ����

Running is wild boring and i really hate doing with by myself.

Put the easiest way to get better is run were there is lamp posts.

jog the to the first one, then sprint to the 2nd, jog to the third and sprint to the 4th and so on, just keep doing that and you will see that you get faster and faster each week. and that it gets easier.

Also just find a wall and get over it.

Not worried about strength for a girl I’m pretty strong it’s the endurance for running that I lack ����

Running is wild boring and i really hate doing with by myself.

Put the easiest way to get better is run were there is lamp posts.

jog the to the first one, then sprint to the 2nd, jog to the third and sprint to the 4th and so on, just keep doing that and you will see that you get faster and faster each week. and that it gets easier.

Ahh that sounds more interesting than just going out a run.

We’ve loads of walls in the garden and I challenge the kids to get over them before me. Poor wains haven’t won yet 😂😂

We’ve loads of walls in the garden and I challenge the kids to get over them before me. Poor wains haven’t won yet ����

The odd steady state run will also help, dogs help with that one.

We’ve loads of walls in the garden and I challenge the kids to get over them before me. Poor wains haven’t won yet ����

The odd steady state run will also help, dogs help with that one.

Awk I’ve tried going out with them as well. They’re more interested in tripping me up.

Mine are rarely on a lead.

Mine are rarely on a lead.

I’ve a yappy little one who could do with his voice box removed and another that would run into a tree he’s so stupid

The lab is a bit thick but recall is excellent and stays with me and German Shepherd likes to explore but wont let me get far so just trots along at his own pace

Our lab is thick but very obedient. Got attacked by another dog and just stood there and took it. The little one is all mouth but would die if you took a step towards him. All fun.

People avoid the shepherd but the lab is the one that takes no ****e

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 OllieA3

Yes, AC seems a very, very very, long time ago, but results day is slowly approaching. This is my first time applying, am i right in assumung there is no actual interview? Or have i missed something?

Nope you are correcto

57 days to go! Yikes. You can mix the treadmill up a bit by adjusting the incline, to simulate hill sprints and increase the speed over time, say by 0.5 to build endurance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

If you get bored mix it up a bit. One that kills your legs aswell as your lungs is the Chester treadmill test. AND IT'S A WALK!!! It's what the NIFRS use as their initial fitness test now.

Treadmill at 6.2kmh / 3.8mph depending what your treadmill uses for speed.
    (You are not allowed to slow it down at any stage. If you can't continue, stop, remember your time and try and beat it next time.)

0-2 minutes at 0% incline. At 2 minutes increase the incline to 3%.
    2-4 minutes at 3%. At 4 minutes increase the incline to 6%.
    4-6 minutes at 6%. At 6 minutes increase the incline to 9%.
    6-8 minutes at 9%. At 8 minutes increase the incline to 12%.
    8-10 minutes at 12%. At 10 minutes increase the incline to 15%.
    10-12 minutes at 15%.

One of my mates tried out for NIFRS and was doing this in the gym as training so I did it with him. Calves were on fire!!

If you get bored mix it up a bit. One that kills your legs aswell as your lungs is the Chester treadmill test. AND IT'S A WALK!!! It's what the NIFRS use as their initial fitness test now.

(You are not allowed to slow it down at any stage. If you can't continue, stop, remember your time and try and beat it next time.)

10-12 minutes at 15%.

One of my mates tried out for NIFRS and was doing this in the gym as training so I did it with him. Calves were on fire!!

That's almost like a walking bleep test. I must try this.

10-12 minutes at 15%.

That's almost like a walking bleep test. I must try this.[/quot

Will give this a go in the gym this evening. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Rookie23

AC- I had mine yesterday, honestly don't know how I've done but in a weird way I enjoyed it! There were 9 people in my class 4 girls and 5 males. Have to say the day ran very smoothly now anxiously waiting for results.

Rookie23 wrote: »
    AC- I had mine yesterday, honestly don't know how I've done but in a weird way I enjoyed it! There were 9 people in my class 4 girls and 5 males. Have to say the day ran very smoothly now anxiously waiting for results.

Fingers crossed it’s a good result.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Rookie23

Fingers crossed it’s a good result.

And for you too Slo85!
    (And everybody else!)

• Advertisement

Is this your first campaign?

Advertisement