Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Rookie23

Maxi515 wrote: »
    Rookie23 wrote: »
    AC- I had mine yesterday, honestly don't know how I've done but in a weird way I enjoyed it! There were 9 people in my class 4 girls and 5 males. Have to say the day ran very smoothly now anxiously waiting for results.

Is this your first campaign?

Yes this is my first

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Lily79

Hey, I've been following for a while but this is my first post. AC coming up soon. I'm surprised to see there was only 9 people in yours rookie. I was expecting a lot more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

Lily79 wrote: »
    Hey, I've been following for a while but this is my first post. AC coming up soon. I'm surprised to see there was only 9 people in yours rookie. I was expecting a lot more!

Welcome to the group glad to have you here. The AC are very small. My last AC had 9. And this year wasn't too much more. They can't have large numbers because of the role plays. Numbers will always be different with either people not turning up or being sent away because of wrong/no qualifications.
    Good luck in your upcoming AC.

Thankyou 😊 I guess that explains why it takes so long to get through them all. At least I won't have to wait as long for results. It must feel like a lifetime for anyone up in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Rookie23

Welcome! These boards are very helpful! I could be wrong but I think they don't normally have more than 10 in each class as Nik9 stated because of the role plays. The only thing I can say to you is to enjoy it! And use your time wisely, the time flies when your there!! Good luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

There where only 6 people at the AC I attended last year..I guess some people drop out closer to the time...decide not to go through with it etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Slo85

I had 12 at mine. Suppose with the time going on some people may drop out.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Bananarama1512

I had my ac a few weeks ago and there was 13 people attending we were in two groups. This is my first campaign so wasnt sure what to expect at ac. I suppose it just depends on how many turn up etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 OllieA3

I had my AC back in early february, there were 20+ at the venue the day i attended. Good luck to those still to do the AC, just be yourself and use your time wisely. Roll on result day!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

OllieA3 wrote: »
    I had my AC back in early february, there were 20+ at the venue the day i attended. Good luck to those still to do the AC, just be yourself and use your time wisely. Roll on result day!!!!!

Same! Had mine during a Monday mid-Feb! It was packed out.

• Advertisement

Hi all...got a quick question. Are you allowed to makes notes during the role play? Thanks

Hi all...got a quick question. Are you allowed to makes notes during the role play? Thanks

I did in the wee booklet they provide.

Slo85 wrote: »

Thanks for the super fast reply Slo85

Slo85 wrote: »

Thanks for the super fast reply Slo85

No problem. You up soon?

Yea I am...to soon to be relaxed about it

Yea I am...to soon to be relaxed about it

Best of luck. Hope it all goes to plan.

Thanks Slo85... it probably won't ha ha

Thanks Slo85... it probably won't ha ha

Keep the positive head on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Robocop2k16

keep a cool head and stay focused. All the best

I hope this isn't asking too much information but anyone that has already completed the A.C. did it take the full amount of hours that is detailed in the email or were you finished up in less time? Just trying to plan ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

I hope this isn't asking too much information but anyone that has already completed the A.C. did it take the full amount of hours that is detailed in the email or were you finished up in less time? Just trying to plan ahead.

Mine finished early but not by a massive amount of time. Best to assume it will take the full time.

NiK9 wrote: »

Mine finished early but not by a massive amount of time. Best to assume it will take the full time.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭sparkylarky

Does anybody know if any of the core roles after probation are like a 9-5 job? Like would the dective role be 9-5?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 mrlovalova22

Does anybody know if any of the core roles after probation are like a 9-5 job? Like would the dective role be 9-5?

See just from experience mate, you would be advised to work within a uniformed role, for around 3-5 years before you start applying for CID or any "suit role" for that matter, but there are some 8-4/9-5, jobs within policing, house breaking teams, most pupil protection units are also dayshifts majority, the choices go on and on so you'll not be stuck forever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

CID would usually have 9-5ish working patterns but will be on call a fair bit and if something major kicks off could be in work for a few days 😂

CID would tend to more follow a response teams pattern, more than a bog standard 9-5, there are teams within CID that would be placed on a dayshift pattern for a limited time, That's more to do with allowing more time for enquires.

Aye.

Main body would be in monday to friday.

With a few folk on earlies, lates and nights .

Didnt see my dad for a few days once.

Came home showered, grabbed clothes and left with a sleeping bag amd a pillow 😂

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭sparkylarky

Thanks guys, does anybody know what the salary is for a detective?

Detectives are still constables, so they follow the same pay scale as every other constable, overtime is there for the taking, so you would expect to lift a few quid more.

• Advertisement

Plus on call allowance

Advertisement