Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

Does anybody know if any of the core roles after probation are like a 9-5 job? Like would the dective role be 9-5?
    Explo and firearms are 8-4/9-5. Going out checking people's safes (usually police staff do that part, any ive met anyway). Going through people's firearms applications etc and also balistic testing any pistols members of the public buy etc. Not a bad job if you like firearms.

Does anybody know if any of the core roles after probation are like a 9-5 job? Like would the dective role be 9-5?

See just from experience mate, you would be advised to work within a uniformed role, for around 3-5 years before you start applying for CID or any "suit role" for that matter, but there are some 8-4/9-5, jobs within policing, house breaking teams, most pupil protection units are also dayshifts majority, the choices go on and on so you'll not be stuck forever!

What's house breaking teams?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

TSG on a search tasking i presume

Or good ole morning surprise for a drug dealer...

Oh ok. Thought it might have been the ones that go around neighbourhoods securing unlocked doors/ windows etc and leaving notes to the owners lol.

• Advertisement

See the PSNI have put up a pic on Instagram of the blues doing simulated LPT shifts. Hopefully it will be alot of us this year. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 mrlovalova22

NiK9 wrote: »

See just from experience mate, you would be advised to work within a uniformed role, for around 3-5 years before you start applying for CID or any "suit role" for that matter, but there are some 8-4/9-5, jobs within policing, house breaking teams, most pupil protection units are also dayshifts majority, the choices go on and on so you'll not be stuck forever!

In police Scotland we have a team within CID/plain clothes, that deal with all the house breakings or " burglaries" as every other force calls it lol so you investigate them or go around in unmarked cars around the city waiting for a house breaking in progress to come in, then you're flying to catch them, it's brillaint!

A burglary. One of the scummiest crimes. Taking peoples hard earned possessions that would be fun. Out hunting all night...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Robocop2k16

NiK9 wrote: »

In police Scotland we have a team within CID/plain clothes, that deal with all the house breakings or " burglaries" as every other force calls it lol so you investigate them or go around in unmarked cars around the city waiting for a house breaking in progress to come in, then you're flying to catch them, it's brillaint!

Love the HB teams. Except when they palm a job back to uniform stating it’s just a standard theft :)

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

Hello all... Finally got the dreaded assessment centre out of the way today. Don't think it went very well...I won't be holding my breath for a pass that's for sure. Good luck to anyone else who has yet to do it. BB :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 mrlovalova22

Hello all... Finally got the dreaded assessment centre out of the way today. Don't think it went very well...I won't be holding my breath for a pass that's for sure. Good luck to anyone else who has yet to do it. BB :-)

If you read back, you can see that everyone else is in the exact same boat as yourself, so give yourself some credit, you've done better than you think, even serving officers, myself included, just thought "sweet and gentle Jesus what do they want" haha, so it's extremely tough and hard to see what exactly they are looking for in a whole.

If you read back, you can see that everyone else is in the exact same boat as yourself, so give yourself some credit, you've done better than you think, even serving officers, myself included, just thought "sweet and gentle Jesus what do they want" haha, so it's extremely tough and hard to see what exactly they are looking for in a whole.

Thanks mrlovalova22... P.S just had a giggle to myself when I typed your name ha ha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Robocop2k16

Glad I wasn't the only one thinking that exact phrase during the written :D

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Lily79

I also had mine this week. I thought i felt quite prepared before but now I understand why others were saying nothing prepares you for it. I was in bed an hour after I got home, mentally drained 😂

Lily79 wrote: »
    I also had mine this week. I thought i felt quite prepared before but now I understand why others were saying nothing prepares you for it. I was in bed an hour after I got home, mentally drained ��

Me too Lily79, I was preparing all last week for it, was even reading the core competencies at 6am this morning before I left the house ha ha it still comes hard at you.

50 days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Lily79

It'll be one of those emails that you really want to open yet don't want to at the same time :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Slo85

Lily79 wrote: »
    It'll be one of those emails that you really want to open yet don't want to at the same time :)

Know exactly what you mean.

Don't think I will even bother opening mine.. I already know the answer, it was that bad for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭stm1

Haha same here

• Advertisement

Yup me too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Tom_90

And me, but never say never! It’s not over til the fat lady sings!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Koph89

Did anyone else get an email from recruitment this morning?

Koph89 wrote: »
    Did anyone else get an email from recruitment this morning?

Nothing here. Oh I’m jealous.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭TheBigLight

Things just got real....

Ha Slo... just want to make sure it's not spam or something?! Definitely wasn't expecting it...

TheBigLight - you get one too? :blink:

I got the email too. Holy **** it just got real!!!! Third time lucky for me!!

For anyone without email yet it's not a score it's just that we are being moved ahead to speed things up. So don't worry if you havnt got one yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭TheBigLight

Yeah got email - still won't get scores until May.

Good luck Nik! Such a shock getting that! :silly:

But yes, agreed, still early doors for everyone yet...

• Advertisement

Surely if anyone is invited to do a PCA they have done well enough in the assessment centre? I don't see much point in putting everyone through the PCA especially if they haven't passed the assessment centre.

Advertisement