Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Well done guys. This new process seems to be the way forward. It took them almost 20 years to sort out a smooth process lol

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Koph89

Agreed. I'm curious about timeframes for PCA...really not prepared yet. eeeeek

Pat yourselves on the back.

Those who got the email performed to the HIGHEST standard. Let thet sink in. Own this.

You got this.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Lily79

Well done guys! For those who got the email I'm curious how long ago your assessment centre was? Best of luck for the next stage :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Slo85

To all who got the progression email. Absolutely fantastic news for you all. Defo a well deserved pat on the back to you all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

Lily79 wrote: »
    Well done guys! For those who got the email I'm curious how long ago your assessment centre was? Best of luck for the next stage :)

I was early/mid Feb.

Thanks guys. My AC was last week so very quick news...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭stm1

Well done guys. Think it's fairly safe to say you guys done exceptionally well at AC. Hopefully the rest of us get some good news soon too.

Best of luck to everyone still waiting to hear...keep the faith. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭BlueCop8790

Congrats guys!!! I'm still yet to do AC :( but I'm up very soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

Congrats guys!!! I'm still yet to do AC :( but I'm up very soon

Good luck with your A/C.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 CKMcc19

Hi guys, first post...
    Just did my AC this morning and thought I done very well in the role plays but I messed up my report at the end due to a combination of tiredness and trying to write it like a perfect novel instead of just getting it all down on the page so I didn't get it all done. Just wondering how weighted that part is compared to others and my chances with a possible low Mark in It. Cheers!

CKMcc19 wrote: »
    Hi guys, first post...
    Just did my AC this morning and thought I done very well in the role plays but I messed up my report at the end due to a combination of tiredness and trying to write it like a perfect novel instead of just getting it all down on the page so I didn't get it all done. Just wondering how weighted that part is compared to others and my chances with a possible low Mark in It. Cheers!

I made a massive mistake in the report writing by watching the clock and not the timer. (We started it early) so every time I thought I had *** mins left I actually had less. I didn't even get last 2 parts of the report started. So don't worry too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Robocop2k16

Grats on the emails guys. Seems to be 3 boardies so far. (Get posting lurkers lol).

Hopefully the rest of us get moving in the near future also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 CKMcc19

I missed last 3! I didn't think the old stiff laptops helped with speed but what can you do, if it was done by hand I could have completed it three times over but I get IT skill was also a factor in it. Anyway now the waiting game, here's hoping!

Per join psni website update:

Recruitment Update:
    Constable Recruitment - PSNI Managed Stages - as you may be aware, PSNI has given a commitment to reducing the timescales associated with this current constable recruitment campaign. On this basis, PSNI now intends to commence processing applicants who have performed to the highest standard at assessment centre through to the PSNI managed stages of the recruitment process (Vetting, Physical Competence Assessment, Medical, Substance Misuse Test and Online Learning). PSNI Recruitment Team will be in touch directly with candidates who have performed to this level to invite them to commence the remaining stages of the recruitment process. PSNI will only be contacting a limited number of applicants at this stage so please don’t be concerned if you are not contacted. The majority of successful candidates will not commence the PSNI managed stages until after the results of the assessment centre are issued to all candidates at the beginning of May 2018.

Vetting - please be advised that PSNI are starting to process vetting questionnaires therefore you may be contacted directly by e-mail by PSNI Vetting Branch. It would be appreciated if any candidate who has not already returned their vetting questionnaire could do so as soon as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Rookie23

Well done to everybody who got their email! I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little green...
    Hope I get good news and join you's soon!!

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

No email here either.... although that's what I expected after that AC. If I do make it to the merit list on the very off chance it's more time to prepare for the PCA. Congrats to everyone who got an email. You deserved it.

Argghh somebody help me please...I am cracking up :rolleyes:
    I wish we had our results now..I keep thinking about it, even though we have weeks to go until we find out! :(:(:(

Argghh somebody help me please...I am cracking up :rolleyes:
    I wish we had our results now..I keep thinking about it, even though we have weeks to go until we find out! :(:(:(

Don't think of it as time waiting. Think of it as *** days until you get a date for your PCA. Focus on that.

• Advertisement

NiK9 wrote: »
    Don't think of it as time waiting. Think of it as *** days until you get a date for your PCA. Focus on that.

That is really positive thinking Nik9 :) I just cant see myself getting that far :(

That is really positive thinking Nik9 :) I just cant see myself getting that far :(

Got to think positive, I thought I totally screwed my chances with my report writing and yet I got the email yesterday. Just continue working on fitness, that's an achievable goal and can be worked on daily. You all got this :)

Got to think positive, I thought I totally screwed my chances with my report writing and yet I got the email yesterday. Just continue working on fitness, that's an achievable goal and can be worked on daily. You all got this :)

I think I really screwed the last bit up too! :(
    Well done Nik9...:):) I am sure you are buzzing!

I think I really screwed the last bit up too! :(
    Well done Nik9...:):) I am sure you are buzzing!

Totally, was even singing while doing the house work yesterday haha

Totally, was even singing while doing the house work yesterday haha

Ha Ha and nobody likes doing the house work :):)

As Nik9 says, just concentrate on your fitness now. I bet you done some AC prep whilst waiting on your IST result.

Besides, only 7 more fridays till 4th May :)

Found this statistic on the PSNI website.

Absolutely no reason i am posting it other than some of you guys may find it useful.

Police Ranks Strength (FTE)
    Chief Constable 1
    Deputy Chief Constable 1
    Assistant Chief Constable 4
    Chief Superintendent 15
    Superintendent 53
    Chief Inspector 86
    Inspector 344
    Sergeant 1005
    Constable 5008
    Student Officer 195
    Total Police 6712
    Constable Part-Time 293

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 OllieA3

Just out of interest, of the numbers who passed the IST and progressed to the AC, what is the breakdown in numbers that progress to the rest of the stages? In other years how many haven’t progressed past PCA, Vetting, Medicial. and SMT? Is there 300 places at GV in the pipeline?
    Way too much time to think/dream here!!!!!!

OllieA3 wrote: »
    Just out of interest, of the numbers who passed the IST and progressed to the AC, what is the breakdown in numbers that progress to the rest of the stages? In other years how many haven’t progressed past PCA, Vetting, Medicial. and SMT? Is there 300 places at GV in the pipeline?
    Way too much time to think/dream here!!!!!!

If you go through the 1509 thread there is some freedom of information requests linked with number of people in each merit/score of their a.c. so that should give a guide of how many passed. Any further than that you will have to submit an FOI for the numbers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

If I remember correctly the IST normally cuts the numbers in half. Then they would have about 1,000 after AC.

The remaining stages will knock a few out as will candidates personal circumstances.

I would highly recommend putting in an FOI. It costs nothing and if worded right can be quite productive.
    Just stick to the facts they might actually hold, like how many passed the IST or lowest score to pass AC. Don't ask how many intakes or when will the first intake be as they'll not have that info.

Some quite good one's from the 1509 here. Although I wouldn't spam them as they'll just take ages to get answered.
    https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/body/psni

Advertisement