Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Coco2070

Hi maxi, yea first campaign. I enjoyed it, however I came out of the AC with a head full of ‘why didn’t I’s’
    So it seems this campaign is moving more fluidly than previous.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

Coco2070 wrote: »
    Hi maxi, yea first campaign. I enjoyed it, however I came out of the AC with a head full of ‘why didn’t I’s’
    So it seems this campaign is moving more fluidly than previous.

It is and even those people called forward have expressed those kinds of self-doubts and they've managed to pull it off. Fingers crossed until 4th of May. 45 days to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 OllieA3

I’m another silent boardie who got the email last week, i think I’m still in shock as i thought I hadn’t done that well at the AC day. Keep the positive heads on as there is no way to predict how you have done in the AC. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 mrlovalova22

Sorry folks been off this for about a week or so, have people received conformation emails that they have made it through the assessment day, and onto now the fitness? Or have I picked that up completely wrong Lol?!?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Rossco22

I'm with Ollie, for the guys saying they're writing this campaign off already - don't! I had written it off in my head also then received the email to be pushed forward. Reality is you really don't know how you've done until you see those scores so don't give up yet.

Any of you guys able to take a guess at how long until we start to hear about vetting clearing? I know it's individual to each person but I got a call 2 weeks ago asking about a question I'd missed, so hopefully not too much longer!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Rossco22 wrote: »
    I'm with Ollie, for the guys saying they're writing this campaign off already - don't! I had written it off in my head also then received the email to be pushed forward. Reality is you really don't know how you've done until you see those scores so don't give up yet.

Any of you guys able to take a guess at how long until we start to hear about vetting clearing? I know it's individual to each person but I got a call 2 weeks ago asking about a question I'd missed, so hopefully not too much longer!

How much of financial history do you have lol?

Generally younger people with less work experience go through quicker as there is less financial history to check.

Remember you are also being vetted twice. One for standard vetting and then another for counter terrorism check which is carried out by GCHQ and so is a national work flow rather than with SV ehich is regional.

Also if you have been vetted before it will come back quicker as they dont have to build your case from scratch on their systems

Also if you are an Irish citizen it will take slightly longer and UK vetting has to liase with their ROI counterparts.

How much of financial history do you have lol?

Generally younger people with less work experience go through quicker as there is less financial history to check.

Remember you are also being vetted twice. One for standard vetting and then another for counter terrorism check which is carried out by GCHQ and so is a national work flow rather than with SV ehich is regional.

Haha, working about 5 years with 3 different employers, I wonder if that would make it quicker for me..

I did almost forget that tbh. What you reckon then, it'll be a while yet before we hear about anyone being cleared?

The vetting part is the "how long is a piece of string part"

Essentially the answer will be f*u*c*k knows.

This is why PSNI run stages concurrently with vetring rather than waiting on it.

• Advertisement

Rossco do you have a CCJ?

You mentioned it before.

Rossco do you have a CCJ?

You mentioned it before.
    Not as bad as that, was looking at worse case scenario. I defaulted on a payment before but no CCJ. Hoping and praying it doesn't stop me!

Anybody who has had debt issues, CCJs or bankruptcy in particular.

The vetting panel will look at your case on it's merits and individually.

However if it appaears that the circumstances of the financial difficulty were "dodgey" i.e. deceit, habitual borrowing, living beyond means etc it wont look good. But they will also look ay your current circumstances.

Anybody who has had debt issues, CCJs or bankruptcy in particular.

The vetting panel will look at your case on it's merits and individually.

However if it appaears that the circumstances of the financial difficulty were "dodgey" i.e. deceit, habitual borrowing, living beyond means etc it wont look good. But they will also look ay your current circumstances.

Yea, it's the only blotch, I have paid off and continue to pay other loans/ credits without missing payments - was just down to circumstance unfortunately. But as you say hopefully they look at it and can see it was a one-off. Here's hoping haha

Also if you can access your credit report there will be a "ping" when vetting do your credit check.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Coco2070

Anyone have an idea how long an issue like a defaulted payment stays on record? I missed a payment on HP approx 20 years ago. Will that show up??

Also if you can access your credit report there will be a "ping" when vetting do your credit check.
    Ahh okay, so it'll take a little hit? Report comes out on the 5th of every month so at least I'll know then.

Anyone have an idea how long an issue like a defaulted payment stays on record? I missed a payment on HP approx 20 years ago. Will that show up??
    6 years as far as I'm aware - could be wrong though.

It will still be on record. But 20 years ago isnt really applicable to your current circumstances and your credit score will reflect. So don't worry.

Remember the Govt can see more than a credit card company can see.

• Advertisement

Not as bad as that, was looking at worse case scenario. I defaulted on a payment before but no CCJ. Hoping and praying it doesn't stop me!

Defaults won't bar you to entry. They're looking for CCJ/Bankruptcy/IVA.

I won't show up on your credit file. 6 years max.

Maxi515 wrote: »

I won't show up on your credit file. 6 years max.

The government can see further than 6 year Maxi... i know because I use systems that can see back to people's 16th birthdays. And occasionally till birth.

Therefore the police and GCHQ can see more than i can...

Credit check is only part of a financial vetting check.

They use it to signpost...

The government can see further than 6 year Maxi... i know because I use systems that can see back to people's 16th birthdays. And occasionally till birth.

Therefore the police and GCHQ can see more than i can...

All they're looking for in your financial background is to see whether anyone has taken civil/criminal action against you with respect to your finances, as a judge of your integrity. They don't care if you've missed a phone payment 17 years ago or you're a month behind on car payments. They want to know if you're financially responsible. That's all. Cops that aren't in debt are less likely to accept bribes etc

GCHQ are listening in on Russian spies, not checking out your credit union loan book. We're not joining Mi5 (although they are recruiting atm).

The checked are carried out by United Kingdom Security Vetting as per vetting forms sent out. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/security-vetting-and-clearance

But a counter terrorism check is also carried out you goat. Which a GCHQ cell does you absolute belter.

And vetting use the credit report to look for places to look. Saves time...

CTC checks are carried out be a join GCHQ/MOD cell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

CTC is nothing special it's piss easy to get. With my line of work I've met loads who should never have been allowed to do security in an empty carpark never mind pass CTC

But a counter terrorism check is also carried out you goat. Which a GCHQ cell does you absolute belter.

And vetting use the credit report to look for places to look. Saves time...

They could possibly provide information in regards to UKSV building a profile, but CTC checks are carried out by UKSV.

There's no point in getting people worried that nee not worry. I know a serving police officer that had six default payments and was cleared. Pretending that the intelligence services are sitting judging people over a missed higher purchase payment 20 odd years ago is nonsense. It's overstating the process.

Less of the name calling too, I resist calling you a walter mitty character every day. Please afford me the same respect. However, when you exaggerate the truth and go into scaremongering, people are gonna call you on it.

You done it at the IST stage too, telling xyz person they would be axed because they didn't have xyz. Yet they all went on to the AC lol.

All they're looking for is CCJs, IVA's and Bankruptcy. They aren't sending off your EE contract payment for analysis at the next COBRA meeting. Seeeshhh. Not everything is such a big deal.

• Advertisement

It can juat take up to 6 months...

The reason you have ti get it done is because of our wee country.

Mine came back after 6 weeks.

Advertisement