Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

NiK9 wrote: »
    CTC is nothing special it's piss easy to get. With my line of work I've met loads who should never have been allowed to do security in an empty carpark never mind pass CTC

I would agree with this lol. It's nothing to be worried about. Providing you aren't a criminal/bank robbery/fraudster or terrorist you will be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Not scaremongering. Juat poonting out that just because something was 8 years ago doesnt mean they wont see it.

Maxi515 wrote: »
    But a counter terrorism check is also carried out you goat. Which a GCHQ cell does you absolute belter.

And vetting use the credit report to look for places to look. Saves time...

They could possibly provide information in regards to UKSV building a profile, but CTC checks are carried out by UKSV.

There's no point in getting people worried that nee not worry. I know a serving police officer that had six default payments and was cleared. Pretending that the intelligence services are sitting judging people over a missed higher purchase payment 20 odd years ago is nonsense. It's overstating the process.

Less of the name calling too, I resist calling you a walter mitty character every day. Please afford me the same respect. However, when you exaggerate the truth and go into scaremongering, people are gonna call you on it.

You done it at the IST stage too, telling xyz person they would be axed because they didn't have xyz. Yet they all went on to the AC lol.

All they're looking for is CCJs, IVA's and Bankruptcy. They aren't sending off your EE contract payment for analysis at the next COBRA meeting. Seeeshhh. Not everything is such a big deal.

But they will look for in appropriate associations 😂😂😂

Hence asking for your social media accoint details.

Aye the way you describe this you would have successful candidates think people were going to be investigated by the Spanish Inquisition for a failed direct debit payment. Some fella just asked would a HP failed payment 20 years ago go against him and of course it won't.

Very few people ever fail vetting on financial grounds. It would make you think it was nearly a box-ticking exercise. Declare everything, very little will go against you.

• Advertisement

Jesus you are really good at seeing loads of stuff in a bowl of nothing. Re read the posts. All i said was they can see more than a credit card company can. I did say that 20 years ago is unlikely to do anything. If you have an issue with me pm me. Man you love drama

Yawn. Okay, moving on.

Does anyone suspect more people will be called forward prior to 4th May date? Say in a months time or so? Or do you think those lucky few are going to be the only 'class' ready to go?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 jonjo sinister

Curious, at what stage in the PSNI do you get your Glock?

They are obviously trying to set it up so it's a continous feed into GV. So maybe they jusy want a squad or so read to go in anticipation to just have it rolling

The week before you leave GV.

• Advertisement

After you are attested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

What do people think of this...
    They say they have moved some of us on but in reality how far will they move us. After all the AC is still going on.

If for instance I got 75-80% on AC. Will they only have clear my vetting.

After all I don't think it would be too fair if someone on the very last day of the AC score a 90%+ and yet was behind 70-80% because they had their a.c. sooner so already had PCA.

What I think might happen is anyone who has scored above ****% will have their vetting started. But that's it. And then come 4th May. PCA dates will be sent out along with results to top scorers. And if someone on the last few days gets a high score their vetting will run along side PCA rather than before.
    What yous think?

They want warm bodies in uniform as soon as possible the tank is almost empty

They say they have moved some of us on but in reality how far will they move us. After all the AC is still going on.

After all I don't think it would be too fair if someone on the very last day of the AC score a 90%+ and yet was behind 70-80% because they had their a.c. sooner so already had PCA.

What I think might happen is anyone who has scored above ****% will have their vetting started. But that's it. And then come 4th May. PCA dates will be sent out along with results to top scorers. And if someone on the last few days gets a high score their vetting will run along side PCA rather than before.
    What yous think?

In fact, that seems perfectly logical. I've been asking myself, how it was 'fair' on the candidates yet to sit through the AC but the way you've described it sounds like the way it could pan out. I could imagine them asking you to breeze through the online learning too.

Hey jonjo, you get issued your glock during training. But you don't be allowed to take it home until passout.

They obviously have a legislative justification to go forward with the current top scorers. Probably justified under service delivery. Minimum staffing levels or something like that.

Yes it is unfair.

But needs must.

Is it just the Glock 17 or other Glock model numbers?

I doubt they will sacrifice the quality of online learning for the sake of getting folk in. Not like they'll drop the PCA standard for the same reason. You have been moved forward early. Notjing else has changed.

Glock 17. But you can get your Firearms certificate and buy your own glock if you want a 21 😂😂😂

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 OllieA3

What yous think?

I think you could be right, i cant see things moving too fast until results day comes.

• Advertisement

Only the issued glock can be carried at work though 😂😂😂

Glock 17. I know you're new here but asking about the glock here while saying about gun laws in another thread prob isn't the best thing. Best not to comment on politics lol.

Is the 19 used?

Is the 19 used?

Lol. Any questions apart from firearms?

Is the 19 used?

The police are not gonna expend funding on two different hand gun models that fire the same ammunition. Would you?

Is the Glock 19 home office approved?

If so it might be used by other elements of the police but standard issue is Glock 17

Without going off on a tangent, the G19 has a smaller frame so it might be better suited to females/people of smaller build in terms of weapon handling. That being said, I look forward to a time when we won't actually need guns. I'm hoping that time comes soon. I think there is a growing desire from the public to take greater steps toward normal, civilian policing in the community. Disarming uniformed frontline officers conditions permitting will be the way to go. A few more years maybe.

You may be correct about the smaller frame aspect but money always wins.

From cops I've spoken to, they've described carrying their weapon as burdensome. It might seem like a long way off but it's a practical next step. Many officers want it, politicians want it. The public ultimately wants it. It's a win-win. There are few positives to having one.

Maxi515 wrote: »
    From cops I've spoken to, they've described carrying their weapon as burdensome. It might seem like a long way off but it's a practical next step. Many officers want it, politicians want it. The public ultimately wants it. It's a win-win. There are few positives to having one.

Apart from stopping your murder...

I agree that it would be great if NI was safe enough that it should be done but a small minoroty of evil people will stop that from happening.

• Advertisement

Rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

You have a responsibility to come home to yoir family and unfortunately being armed is price to pay as it acts as a deterrance

Advertisement