Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Plus you can also look at it from a versatility point of view. It does give you another option.

There is also the counter argument that all police shoild be armed.

There is a push in GB for this not all agree but it is there. And if not then atleast one in each crew would be armed. Primarily due to the increase in domestic terrorism on GB. Especially the threat from both islamic extermism and far right hate groups

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

Did someone say they were contacted by vetting branch 2 weeks ago ref a missing question or was I dreaming? Can't find the post anywhere lol.

I believe it was Rossco

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 jonjo sinister

Last question on this lads, do standard PSNI fficers carry any other firearms apart from the Glock 17 or whatever? Surely if a dissident wants to launch an attack with an AK47 or another more powerful weapon a Glock is not going to be of much help. In London for example, you have Met officers walking up and down the streets carrying MP7 sub-machine guns or the like. But in more dangerous areas like Shankill for example you have a semi-auto 9mm, pepper spray, maybe a taser and a baton? What good is that?

Last question, I know that I am getting way off topic and into arguably ridiculous territory but people must wonder these things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭KN1231999

Hi lads, its been a while, felt horrible cxoming out of the AC, Ive already accepted the worst and im ready for the fail email, so anything else better than that i will be over the moon! it was my first campaign and im really young. so ive used it as experience and im ready for the next one! no giving up.

High threat areas. The PSNI are tripled crewed.

Third officer carries a G36.

KN1231999 wrote: »
    Hi lads, its been a while, felt horrible cxoming out of the AC, Ive already accepted the worst and im ready for the fail email, so anything else better than that i will be over the moon! it was my first campaign and im really young. so ive used it as experience and im ready for the next one! no giving up.

Not over until the fat lady sings.

I'm patiently waiting for 2018 campaign.

Apply for the PSNI staff as a back up matey.

Is is it just the G36 the third chap carries? What other firearms are used? I am thinking of joining the PSNI in the near future.

Who cares what weapons are used?

A glock can take life just as well as a G36.

Only difference is the size of the hole it makes and how far away it can hit something.

FOI PSNI if yoi really wanna know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭KN1231999

you wont be waiting for much longer, I sense another October campaign. and i guess your right. but i just dont know. i know i want the job so bad, so im just gonna keep applying till i get there. i would apply for staff but i Dont have my licence just yet :(

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

Is is it just the G36 the third chap carries? What other firearms are used? I am thinking of joining the PSNI in the near future.

Jojo, are you joining for the right reasons? Do you have anything, untoward, maybe even sinister planned? It's just a feeling I get.

Maxi515 wrote: »

Jojo, are you joining for the right reasons? Do you have anything, untoward, maybe even sinister planned? It's just a feeling I get.

Maxi i see what you did there 😂😂😂

you wont be waiting for much longer, I sense another October campaign. and i guess your right. but i just dont know. i know i want the job so bad, so im just gonna keep applying till i get there. i would apply for staff but i Dont have my licence just yet :(

Don't ask dont get. Throw in your app.

I looked at the question matey you'd def get through to the next stage.

Only need your licence by the time you would be being appointed 😎

Just curious, If the PSNI were chasing a man on foot who had committed a crime in the north and ran a few feet over the border, could the PSNI legally do anything?

If a vehicle had its rear wheels in the north but its front wheels over the border with the suspect in it, could the PSNI do anything?

if a body was discovered on the borderline, EXACTLY half the body was in the south and the other in the north, what would happen? Who would investigate?

Finally, if a PSNI car went a bit over the border, an officer walked over the border or a bullet fired by the PSNI landed over the border, what would happen then?

I'm not trolling here or out for a wind-up, but as a potential future recruit I am very interested, as other people would be also.

Loads of cross border stuff with AGS.

Again FOI if you want an answer from the horses mouth.

Something kicked off across the border and a friend of mine was in the car waiting clearance to assist AGS but not aure if that was common occurance.

Just curious, If the PSNI were chasing a man on foot who had committed a crime in the north and ran a few feet over the border, could the PSNI legally do anything?

Pursue, no. Contact the guards, yes. European arrest warrant. There was the talk of legislation but I doubt that will happen following brexit.

If a vehicle had its rear wheels in the north but its front wheels over the border with the suspect in it, could the PSNI do anything?

LOL.

if a body was discovered on the borderline, EXACTLY half the body was in the south and the other in the north, what would happen? Who would investigate?

What?? This is a joke surely..

Finally, if a PSNI car went a bit over the border, an officer walked over the border or a bullet fired by the PSNI landed over the border, what would happen then?

There have been accidental incursions over the border. Some recently in Strabane/Lifford. The PSNI informed the guards. I doubt the officers where disciplined on the basis of a mistake.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/psni-land-rover-strays-over-the-border-after-getting-lost-its-a-major-international-incident-fumes-donegal-councillor-30005790.html

AGS and PSNI recently had a joint up carrying out a rolling road block to get a girl to life saving surgery. Fragile condition 15 mph the whole way there.

Now that is awesome.

• Advertisement

The question about the cars and the body were not a joke. It may seem pathetic but stranger things have happened. So, what would happen in those scenarios?

The question about the cars and the body were not a joke. It may seem pathetic but stranger things have happened. So, what would happen in those scenarios?

Put in an FOI.

Well, for nearly 100 years it has never happened. So, I won't be losing any sleep.

https://www.psni.police.uk/advice_information/freedom-of-information/How-to-make-a-FOI-Request/

Just answer the two questions and move on please.

We dont know as they are very specific questions. So ask PSNI...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭BlueCop8790

Ive seen some people mention on here that some students

*are placed on the high potential development scheme, are people selected for this or do you apply ?

*are placed on the high potential development scheme, are people selected for this or do you apply ?

HPDS is gone. There is another fast track but details are sketchy. I think you are selected for this in GV and during probation.

Sorry to be a dick but FOI 😂😂😂

• Advertisement

HPDS is gone. There is another fast track but details are sketchy. I think you are selected for this in GV and during probation.

Sorry to be a dick but FOI 😂😂😂
    Haha I know, the waiting game for FOI's is agonising though.

Advertisement