Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

http://recruit.college.police.uk/Officer/leadership-programmes/Fast-Track-Programme/Pages/Fast-Track-Programme.aspx

Maybe this is it.

PSNI review mentioned adopting this one now HPDS is gone

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

Some English constabularies have brought in middle managers at Superintendent level without any policing experience. I think with shrinking numbers in the police, the time for fast-tracking noobies who have less experience than a police sergeant who has 10-15 years experience and passed his inspectors exams who wasn't on the HPDS is over/a redundant idea.

But some people juat wanna be cons forever.

If i got into dog section like hell i'd be leaving for atleast 15 years 😂😂😂

Yeah, constables anywhere but response. Management/office based work that comes with rank isn't always so appealing to everyone when you can be out in the neighbourhood making a difference.

Money maxi. Most join for the vocation some for the dough. And so rise...quickly

• Advertisement

Also some like to climb in their last 10 years to bump up the pension.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

Highest I'd ever want is SGT. I'm an outdoors person I don't want my job to revolve around officer work.
    Paperwork for a case is one thing but management from an office a big no for me, you could get better pay in a private firm lol.

Inspectors do money, resources and stuff. F*u*c*k that.

I wanna be out on the ground

Just answer the two questions and move on please.

Don't be getting snotty. We are not in the police so how are we meant to know the answers. If someday you get in then you can ask your trainers these questions. Knowing the answer now won't help you with recruitment.

I did take a video of a TSG chief inspector wrestle a drunk fella on st Patricks day for blocking traffic lol. Fair play to him like. I think there is some opportunity to be out on the field for big events, football matches too.

• Advertisement

He missed his younger days and knew that everyone out on the ground would help. Took his oppurtunity 😂😂😂

Some wild young Chief Inspectors knocking about as well guys. If you want it , its there. Just not for me. I'm not money orientated at all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 jonjo sinister

Do the PSNI have otherpistols bar Glock?

Submit a FOI.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

No email today for me...I live in hope!

Im so tempted to ring up and ask about my vetting status haha. But I don't want to be that person lol.

On another note, obviously substance misuse is done at the medical. But is it classed as medical or Vetting?

Medical for actually getting the sample. Vetting panel deal with outcome

Medical for actually getting the sample. Vetting panel deal with outcome

Thought that. So no point then in pestering vetting branch until after medical lol.

Make sure you are using approved sport supplement guys.

Guys have failed military CDT for using dodgy pre workouts and proteins

Mine is going to come back with a 98% body content of sugar free white monster lol

• Advertisement

Caffeine blood sugar content from the amount of the same and redbull may freak them out when it's my turn

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Rossco22

What was found in those? I was under the impression the only things tested for are cannabis, cocaine and opiates?

Rossco22 wrote: »

What was found in those? I was under the impression the only things tested for are cannabis, cocaine and opiates?

They would have been tested specifically for other things probably.

What banterbus is probably talking about though is black market supplements. E.g., the old version of Jack3d preworkout (usa version) and t60 fat burners, which are illegal as they contained trace amounts of speed etc.
    If you are buying UK branded supplements you are safe as they have to be in line with British standards.

I buy mine of the internet. US company, i get a discount but they are verified. Other folk see high street priced and think amazing amazon will have that **** cheap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Robocop2k16

Good job on the ban. Smelled awfully like an intel gathering exercise.

Nah mate that was just the village idiot. He'll be along shortly when he creates a dummy email. Actually scrape that. That will take him a month to figure out.

Half wit

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dani12345

Hey guys! I've been following this thread for ages but signed up to get everyone's thoughts on something.I got the email the other day saying I was being put through faster because I did well at the AC (side note I thought I did AWFUL. I came out and cried solid so don't worry if you haven't got an email you've defs done better than you think). I'm really happy obviously but also really concerned the PCA is going to be sooner than I thought. I'm currently not at the level I need to be to pass the PCA in my opinion (my PT thinks I'm not too far off but I'm not sure) - I started personal training in January and have been doing 3/4 sessions religiously per week since, so my fitness has improved a lot. My PT is tailoring my workouts to the PCA which is really good. Since I got my email, I have upped my sessions to min. 5 per week and will continue to do so but I'm 99% I still won't be fit enough to pass.Secondly, even if I'm lucky enough to pass I have a real fear of failing my medical because of my weight. My BMI is about 39 (awful I know) and I'm working on it as hard as I can. I'm petrified of getting through all the stages and then getting failed because of my weight. I'm very tall, and carry my weight reasonably well but obviously this means nothing when it comes down to the medical. Do you think this will be a really big issue? I'm partly thinking if I'm fit enough to pass the PCA then surely I have proved I'm in a relatively good state of health? I am fitter than most people would think by just looking at me. So basically what I'm asking is what is everyone's thoughts on this? I nearly make myself sick with worrying about it and I would really appreciate opinions please!Good luck to everyone :)

dani12345 wrote: »
    Hey guys! I've been following this thread for ages but signed up to get everyone's thoughts on something.I got the email the other day saying I was being put through faster because I did well at the AC (side note I thought I did AWFUL. I came out and cried solid so don't worry if you haven't got an email you've defs done better than you think). I'm really happy obviously but also really concerned the PCA is going to be sooner than I thought. I'm currently not at the level I need to be to pass the PCA in my opinion (my PT thinks I'm not too far off but I'm not sure) - I started personal training in January and have been doing 3/4 sessions religiously per week since, so my fitness has improved a lot. My PT is tailoring my workouts to the PCA which is really good. Since I got my email, I have upped my sessions to min. 5 per week and will continue to do so but I'm 99% I still won't be fit enough to pass.Secondly, even if I'm lucky enough to pass I have a real fear of failing my medical because of my weight. My BMI is about 39 (awful I know) and I'm working on it as hard as I can. I'm petrified of getting through all the stages and then getting failed because of my weight. I'm very tall, and carry my weight reasonably well but obviously this means nothing when it comes down to the medical. Do you think this will be a really big issue? I'm partly thinking if I'm fit enough to pass the PCA then surely I have proved I'm in a relatively good state of health? I am fitter than most people would think by just looking at me. So basically what I'm asking is what is everyone's thoughts on this? I nearly make myself sick with worrying about it and I would really appreciate opinions please!Good luck to everyone :)

Hey Dani welcome to the group. BMI is a terrible thing to go by anyway. We have talked about it in the medical thread.
    During the medical you are played into 1 of 4 areas.
    3 are fit for service which different aspects,
    1 is unfit for service.
    So basically if they see you habe bad knees, you may not be suitable to have police healthcare if your knees go in the future. It's so you can't claim it's worked related.
    The 4 groups are all in the student guidance document under medical.
    Don't stress too much because as you said passing the PCA means you're reasonably fit to do the job.

dani12345 wrote: »

Think of the PCA like your driving test. Do fitness stuff to pass the assessment. Do exercises to mimic each station at the PCA. Only thing i will say is max your cardio. You will be going flatout for 3 mins 54 secs. So make sure that you are puahing yourself untio you are sweating profusely.

Also find a wall and get over it.

• Advertisement

Without sounding weird, if you have kids and you go to the park. Yanno those climb wall things with the little footholds...

Advertisement