Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Maxi515 wrote: »
    They walk out of musgrave into the city centre, dander about, chat to people. Definition of a beat patrol.

Not saying that foot patrols only happen where i said they do.

Those are the places that I have seen them. Funny that. Evidence.

Depends on the threat level i suppose and obviously staffing

To quote you, you said 'Unless you get musgrave, lisburn' etc. As if you knew exactly where, when and what.

No one can 'get' musgrave. Your list is prescriptive but its just plain wrong. Another example of you making up facts based on info you've collected from the back of cornflakes packets. You're like the serial bull****ter. You're 60% hot air.

If you're going to 'help' people at least try to do so when you know what you're talking about or leave a disclaimer.

Like i said i lost respect for you over the shaming incident and it became clear that you are nothing but a bully.

Also you can be sent anywhere you district commander decides that they want to send you... operational need.

Two bodies are required to work out of Musgrave today to assist with an event in the city centre. You can get voluntold to go there...

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

Also you can be sent anywhere you district commander decides that they want to send you... operational need.

Two bodies are required to work out of Musgrave today to assist with an event in the city centre. You can get voluntold to go there...

Semantic nonsense. You were getting on as if Musgrave was in a separate district of its own. Usually, I don't even challenge your low key BS but you're too much today. I'll stop now. You've discredited yourself enough that I needn't continue. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Moving on..

Also Maxi are you in PSNI Ops planning or are you just gonna state that someone is wrong without actually knowing yourself.

Pull head from arse please.

Like i also said winding you up is fun and you keep taking the bait.

Ok matey.

You are so literal. Maybe this isnt the job for you as you dont seem to take inferences very well or clean miss things.

Haha

When I'm knocked out of the process while you remain in play, then maybe you can dictate what is and isn't for me lol. If you're going to just talk ****e to people you think don't know any better expect to be called out when someone catches on. Serial bull****ter. Yawn.

• Advertisement

Did i say that Musgrave was a different distric altogether. I have no idea what planet you live on. You latch onto one part of what someone says and then see a whole bucnh of stuff that isnt there.

You'd be a really good fiction writer. Maybe working for a tabloid that twists words would also be a good job for you.

Obviously dealing with facts isnt your strong suits.

"Get" musgrave was meant as in loaned there. Like officers are all the time to assist other stations in the same district.

Maxi515 wrote: »
    Ok matey.

You are so literal. Maybe this isnt the job for you as you dont seem to take inferences very well or clean miss things.

Haha

When I'm knocked out of the process while you remain in play, then maybe you can dictate what is and isn't for me lol. If you're going to just talk ****e to people you think don't know any better expect to be called out when someone catches on. Serial bull****ter. Yawn.

Like i have also previously said. Stop taking the bait... if you are so holier than thou just stop. Be great.

Everyone else can make up their own minds but more than any other boardie ever, you've been called out for just making stuff up by a range of people. You can rehash all you want I've nothing more to say.

Thank god for that maybe you'll get lost in that wee world of yours where everyone agrees with maxi.

We are all here to learn Maxi. I enjoy being challenged. Allows me to broaden my knowledge.

When people who are actually in the job say.

"No banter you're wrong"

I absorb that information. I dont argue with Majgreen or Shield. As their word is gospel. Your word is heresay. As is mine.

Just jumped up wee boys like you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Njim91

Let's simmer down people. We're all in this together. Everyone is entitled to an opinion here and all info given should be taken with a pinch of salt. I'm assuming none of us on this forum are officers and to speculate could give others a distorted idea of what to expect. Opinions and assumptions are whats posted here and I think we should welcome and respect all of them.

With regards to the security aspect of this application, how have people found it? I've told only my family. I have also spoken to a current serving officer with regards to the process and whilst he has said its not the "wild west" anymore there is still an element of caution needed.
    My question is how do/ will people find attending the AC or PCA or if successful GV when it comes to it. I'm assuming we are expected to vary our travel routines etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭BlueCop8790

Well that's the AC finally over for me. To be honest I'm not feeling very confident. The report at the end was just a nightmare.

Dont set a pattern.

Keep details of appointments for PCA, AC etc on a need to know. Tell close family obviously so they arent worried.

Beware of the evil Facebook, twitter and insta lol

Healthcare support workers are a solid cover as they do mad shifts as well.

Well i did atleast. Didnt see my my own bed for 38 hours atleast once a week

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Rossco22

Well that's the AC finally over for me. To be honest I'm not feeling very confident. The report at the end was just a nightmare.

I felt exactly the same buddy, and ended up doing well so don't despair haha! You don't know til you know :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

Thank God/gods/godess' you 2 are never gonna be in the same class haha. Reminds me of my school RE class with people bickering lol

Bollocks to that, chin up, you've done fine.

Even if the worst happens you now know what to expect.

NiK9 wrote: »
    Thank God/gods/godess' you 2 are never gonna be in the same class haha. Reminds me of my school RE class with people bickering lol

Prayers where answered maybe :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Koph89

BlueCop8790 - that's exactly how I felt, the report writing was the worst for me too but you don't know how it'll pan out so keep the faith! :)

I've maybe heard one boardie say they thought it went okay/had fun. Most people, even the cream of the crop who have been called forward at this stage universally said they weren't sure how they done.

If the worse happens the police will always be there. Keep trying.

Sure it's been mentioned but someome knows someone that took them 10 years...

Not saying it'll take that long but who cares whwn you get in as long as you get in. Juat wild Jelly folk like myself sitting here on the bench.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 Adam261

I'm feeling a bit nervous now to be honest. Had my AC at end of Jan,i was fairly happy with how i'd done but i ran out of time when writing the final report(like loads of others from what i've read).
    I know the website says that most of the successful candidates wont be called until after results in May but i just cant shake the bad feeling that it's game over.

Adam261 wrote: »
    I'm feeling a bit nervous now to be honest. Had my AC at end of Jan,i was fairly happy with how i'd done but i ran out of time when writing the final report(like loads of others from what i've read).
    I know the website says that most of the successful candidates wont be called until after results in May but i just cant shake the bad feeling that it's game over.

As Nik9 will tell you, he was in a similar position and is moving forward. The AC was modular. If the report had went wrong you could have turned it around in the roleplays and plans. Have faith!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Njim91

A/C for me is on my birthday :O I'm hoping that I can get a bit of birthday luck with it haha. I'd say it's very hard to measure how well you did but like pretty much everyone else on this thread has said, it aint over until those results are sent out!

The only benefit was that literally everyone else leaving my AC also agreed that the report was hard and some admitted that they didn't even complete the 2nd page.

The only benefit was that literally everyone else leaving my AC also agreed that the report was hard and some admitted that they didn't even complete the 2nd page.

Sounds like you need an ice cream lol. Or a pint. Or some other comforting consumable.

Haha definitely on the cards

I tend to gumtree dogs for adoption when i'm in that zone 😂😂😂

Me and missus nearly bought a belgian shepherd the other day. We already have a GSD and a Lab... and we were happy when looking at the ad lol

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Adam261

Or an ice cream AND a pint!!but then again i dont want to give up on the PCA just yet.

Or an ice cream AND a pint!!but then again i dont want to give up on the PCA just yet.

Go big or go home lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

I've got that feeling too Adam261...it's over for this year

Advertisement