Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Slo85

Maxi515 wrote: »
    Slo85 wrote: »
    Is there anyone from the 1509 campaign who was successful at the assessment centre who then failed at PCA or the medical?

Yep, message me.

Will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Coco2070

Border force.
    Are they recruiting banterbus?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Unfortunately i didnt realise that this was an internal post.

Current CS and employees of NDPBs are considered CS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

gawa84 wrote: »
    Hi guys, did my AC yesterday, hope it went alright. For those who have done it and got results already, how long approx did you wait before results were sent out? Thanks!

Results arnt due until 4th May

Adam West wrote: »
    Quick question for some of you who might know, if you pass your original IST but fail it at the AC by say a small margin, do you still pass or is it pass or fail in both instances? Do they give you the benefit of the doubt that you maybe had an off day at the AC?

A fail is a fail at the IST and AC. You don't get a second chance or an appeal.

• Advertisement

NiK9 wrote: »
    Quick question for some of you who might know, if you pass your original IST but fail it at the AC by say a small margin, do you still pass or is it pass or fail in both instances? Do they give you the benefit of the doubt that you maybe had an off day at the AC?

He was talking about the IST re sit at AC.

He was talking about the IST re sit at AC.

Oh sorry.

There isn't a pass/fail at it. It's just to check if there is a significant difference in your answers.

Aye i did just mention that if there is a discrepancy you will have to do an invigilated test

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Adam West

Aye i did just mention that if there is a discrepancy you will have to do an invigilated test

Thats definite and not speculation?

It's on the joinPSNI website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Adam West

It's on the joinPSNI website.

Nice one, thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

That border force would be a terrible, office-based airport job. I'd rather scan shopping than look at passports for a living.

That border force would be a terrible, office-based airport job. I'd rather scan shopping than look at passports for a living.

Cool story bro.

Massive generalisation of a very diverse organisation.

Not a fan of the PSNI's partner agencies?

Literally one of the key organisations in maintaining national security but whatever.

Cool story bro.

Massive generalisation of a very diverse organisation.

Not a fan of the PSNI's partner agencies?

I'm all for passports being checked, I just think it's a very different job from policing with the community.

I'd just rather 1710 was about police recruitment rather than being derailed about jobs, unrelated to policing that only you can seemingly apply for (not even on a post, several individual posts that could have been a single post). Post by all means but maybe in a different thread, similar to the harbour police thread and maybe the police staff thread.

You should really start a separate thread instead of watering down this one. It's hard for new boardies to read back and filter through the unorganised crap posted here sometimes.

Stop adding to it then. The arrogance is astounding.

Mainly posted it for those who were unsuccessful this time round.

Being supportive and all. Selfless commitment etc

You should have your own thread if you feel that strongly. Most people fall away into the background when they drop out at a stage. Others just won't go away. In fact, sometimes they begin lecturing the rest of us in a process they where eliminated from.

Cool.

You should have your own thread if you feel that strongly. Most people fall away into the background when they drop out at a stage. Others just won't go away. In fact, sometimes they begin lecturing the rest of us in a process they where eliminated from.

Were*

What happened to being supportive. True colours bleeding through it seems.

Were*

What happened to being supportive. True colours bleeding through it seems.

I support you, your return and your advice in the next campaign. I wish you every success in future campaigns. You deserve it. You certainly want it enough. Best of luck. See you then.

• Advertisement

Nah you're ok.

I'll hang about.

Anyway........

Does anyone think they will send out the online learning soon or wait until after the PCA??

Anyway........

Does anyone think they will send out the online learning soon or wait until after the PCA??

I hope so let's us gauge how quick the process will be here on out. And for future campaigns.

No more folk fading over the horizon as they lose hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 gawa84

gawa84 wrote: »
    Hi guys, did my AC yesterday, hope it went alright. For those who have done it and got results already, how long approx did you wait before results were sent out? Thanks!
    I had mine yesterday too, where you in the morning session?

Yeah I was morning session, how did you get on? I think like most here time seemed against us for the report, I got all sections filled in but could’ve written more

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭KN1231999

Anyway........

Think they might do it before or afer the AC results?

I think for the fast tracked people it will be soon.

For the main body it's anyone's guess.

Anyway........

There's no reason why they cannot run those elements concurrently. You've a few definitions to learn. The rest is all reading and pressing 'completed'. They say 20 hours but you could do it in less than one.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Lockie101

I know I am one of those who fell into the background when my application was unsuccesful however I am still around for one reason, the same reason why everyone else is here also.

We all want the same thing, that’s why every single one of us are here in this thread multiple times per week, or most of the day in some peoples cases.

We are here to educate and help each other. I am not here to take sides or start more fights so please don’t anyone take this as a passive aggressive post. Banterbus posted here because many people who are unsuccessful may not even know about the Police Staff thread. Maxi, everyone has their opinions and if that is yours then that is perfectly okay, everyone is entitled to their opinion!

New boardies do find it difficult, such as myself not too long ago, but what is even more difficult is to try and work yourself into an online community who is constantly bickering and at each other’s throats.

This post went on a little longer than I thought it would but please, everyone, we are all here because we want the same outcome in life, work together and not against each other. Disagreements are expected, we are humans, but take a step back and see it from the other person’s perspective and instead of posting the first thing on your mind, think “Is this really going to be helpful to this thread?”

Thank you for your attention and have a wonderful day :)

Lockie101 wrote: »
    I know I am one of those who fell into the background when my application was unsuccesful however I am still around for one reason, the same reason why everyone else is here also.

We all want the same thing, that’s why every single one of us are here in this thread multiple times per week, or most of the day in some peoples cases.

We are here to educate and help each other. I am not here to take sides or start more fights so please don’t anyone take this as a passive aggressive post. Banterbus posted here because many people who are unsuccessful may not even know about the Police Staff thread. Maxi, everyone has their opinions and if that is yours then that is perfectly okay, everyone is entitled to their opinion!

New boardies do find it difficult, such as myself not too long ago, but what is even more difficult is to try and work yourself into an online community who is constantly bickering and at each other’s throats.

This post went on a little longer than I thought it would but please, everyone, we are all here because we want the same outcome in life, work together and not against each other. Disagreements are expected, we are humans, but take a step back and see it from the other person’s perspective and instead of posting the first thing on your mind, think “Is this really going to be helpful to this thread?”

Thank you for your attention and have a wonderful day :)

Lockie, I hope I haven't made you feel unwelcome. I lurked around after I dropped out of 1509.

Just to give my comments a little context. New boardies who find us have a lot of reading through 1710. 1710 is full of fluff. Useless information, that lacks any real substance due to lack of moderation. There is a wealth of valuable information here, but we really need to preserve, rather than dilute it.

The rule of thumb is that you create a new thread for other organisations when they're hiring; Prison Service, Harbour Police, Airport Constabulary, NISGS etc. It's pretty typical of one boardie to write 100 posts a day full of assumptions and inaccuracies for the sake of having something to say. I've been here maybe x3 as long and I have about 20% of the post count he does. There is no quality with that quantity. It is typical of him to post several times about a job he knows only he can apply for. As if to say 'look what I can do that you can't'.:rolleyes: Sour grapes I think. That was my point. I'm definitely letting this BS get to me more than I should.

• Advertisement

Sad.

I made a mistake and posted a link before realising that it was internal. I am not a narcissist and as such do not adhere to some weird system of self gratification.

And i do not use 10 words for what can be said in 5.

It's over maxi act like the adult you claim to be please it's getting embarrassing.

Anyways back on topic.

I bet you guys will be pleasantly surprised at the speed of the process when you's get that far.

Advertisement