Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

43 days to go......the wait continues!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Rossco22

For those that got the PCA date, will you be attending the familiarisation event beforehand?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Tinshed22

Rossco22 wrote: »
    For those that got the PCA date, will you be attending the familiarisation event beforehand?

Hello there, just popping my boards cherry after being a lurker thought this campaign. First time applying and happy to have got the email. I for sure will be attending the familiarisation.

Although, from speaking to others who have passed the PCA and watching the video, I can’t see it being too difficult if you have a reasonable fitness level?.. Maybe I’m being naive?

Hello there, just popping my boards cherry after being a lurker thought this campaign. First time applying and happy to have got the email. I for sure will be attending the familiarisation.

Although, from speaking to others who have passed the PCA and watching the video, I can’t see it being too difficult if you have a reasonable fitness level?.. Maybe I’m being naive?

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Ciano1997

Guys I’m hoping to apply in the next recruitment campaign I’m from the south Dublin. Have a few questions about the Police college. So you get to stay on campus mon-fri be able to leave Friday and return back sun?

With regards of getting paid while training, how long do you have till you can find sustainable accommodation before starting at the station you are based in?

If anyone is from the south of Ireland could you please message me and tell me about your experience in the PSNI , any news is helpful.
    Kind regards
    C

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭BlueCop8790

gawa84 wrote: »
    Hi guys, did my AC yesterday, hope it went alright. For those who have done it and got results already, how long approx did you wait before results were sent out? Thanks!
    I had mine yesterday too, where you in the morning session?

Yeah I was morning session, how did you get on? I think like most here time seemed against us for the report, I got all sections filled in but could’ve written more
    Roleplays were okay for me, the report is what threw me off but what will be, will be. I was one of the younger looking chaps that was their by the way, seemed to be a lot of young ones this time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

Tinshed22 wrote: »

What you see is someone completing one lap going as slow as she can get away with. If that's the speed on your fastest lap, you'll not make x3. You need to be going harder and faster than shown in the video to pass.
    Ciano1997 wrote: »
    Guys I’m hoping to apply in the next recruitment campaign I’m from the south Dublin. Have a few questions about the Police college. So you get to stay on campus mon-fri be able to leave Friday and return back sun?

With regards of getting paid while training, how long do you have till you can find sustainable accommodation before starting at the station you are based in?

If anyone is from the south of Ireland could you please message me and tell me about your experience in the PSNI , any news is helpful.
    Kind regards
    C

Yeah. You can leave at the weekends or whenever you want. You don't have to stay but because of distance, you will be offered accommodation. The transition from the college to your station is immediate. As soon as you attest you'll be at your station within the next few days. Check out spareroom.com, If you meet a few people going to the same district at the college you could possibly room share etc. If you select to be sent to Newry, you could potentially drive home every day to Dublin. It isn't a big deal. My other half commutes from Belfast to Dublin every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

Folks, those who got the PCA email, how far away is your actual date? Not the familiarization, the actual assessment? I'm not looking dates and times, just roughly how many weeks far out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

Maxi515 wrote: »
    Folks, those who got the PCA email, how far away is your actual date? Not the familiarization, the actual assessment? I'm not looking dates and times, just roughly how many weeks far out?

My PCA is before the AC results.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 gawa84

What you see is someone completing one lap going as slow as she can get away with. If that's the speed on your fastest lap, you'll not make x3. You need to be going harder and faster than shown in the video to pass.

Kind regards
    C

Yeah. You can leave at the weekends or whenever you want. You don't have to stay but because of distance, you will be offered accommodation. The transition from the college to your station is immediate. As soon as you attest you'll be at your station within the next few days. Check out spareroom.com, If you meet a few people going to the same district at the college you could possibly room share etc. If you select to be sent to Newry, you could potentially drive home every day to Dublin. It isn't a big deal. My other half commutes from Belfast to Dublin every day.

Just to go further into this. There is no saying at GV over the weekends anymore.

With regards to the PCA, it is simple if you are half fit, beating the time given is very achieveable and then some

• Advertisement

Kind regards
    C

Just to go further into this. There is no saying at GV over the weekends anymore.

With regards to the PCA, it is simple if you are half fit, beating the time given is very achieveable and then some

It says on guidance that "only people over 35miles can stay at weekends"
    What I take from that is over 35miles anyone can stay at weekends.
    Under 35miles people under a possible threat due to location etc can stay but only mon-fri.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 gawa84

NiK9 wrote: »

Kind regards
    C

It says on guidance that "only people over 35miles can stay at weekends"
    What I take from that is over 35miles anyone can stay at weekends.
    Under 35miles people under a possible threat due to location etc can stay but only mon-fri.

I appreciate this used to be the case, but I believe this has very recently changed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Robocop2k16

@gawa84 I could have swore you were in the job already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

I'm sure that if you are coming from mad distamces away there would be an exception to the weekend residential rule.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 OllieA3

Yes I plan to go to it, I think it will help calm the nerves when the real PCA day comes along.

Yea I'll be going to the familiarisation too hopefully meet some of you there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭shanevendrell

I'm sure that if you are coming from mad distamces away there would be an exception to the weekend residential rule.

There isn't. Everyone back up on Monday morning.

Grim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭majgreen

Grim.
    Back in my day there were people that stayed over weekends. If fairness it was due to him living in a dodgey area, but I guess times change!

Majgreen work related question.

How much of a ballache is centralised custody?

To put it in perspective now that Bangot has closed if an Ards LPT crew arrests somebody in say Portaferry they have to trek all the way to Musgrave.

And it's a similar story for other stations Downpatrick for example.

• Advertisement

Bangor custody*

Makes no difference to me, Im Belfast anyway lol. I would imagine for the crews it would be pretty annoying, especially if their DP is violent. I've had to blue light to custody a few times and coming from portaferry wouldnt have been fun! Its all money saving, except it saves no money when you have a crew driving 20 miles and then being off the ground for longer!

majgreen wrote: »
    Makes no difference to me, Im Belfast anyway lol. I would imagine for the crews it would be pretty annoying, especially if their DP is violent. I've had to blue light to custody a few times and coming from portaferry wouldnt have been fun! Its all money saving, except it saves no money when you have a crew driving 20 miles and then being off the ground for longer!

Land in Musgrave into the queue.

Half way through the wait. DP starts to feel "Unwell". Nurse has a look, advises hospital.....

Of they go for a wee long wait lol

majgreen wrote: »

Land in Musgrave into the queue.

Half way through the wait. DP starts to feel "Unwell". Nurse has a look, advises hospital.....

Of they go for a wee long wait lol
    Yup. Sadly majority of DP's end up in hospital. Until they start being disorderly and get sent back! There have been days where I've been sat in the vehicle bay for over two hours waiting to get into Musgrave...

Just nuts that you can have a crew miles away from their patch for the rest of the shift, car included...

The system would work if we had GB road infrastructure

Just to keep everyone updated. I've stuck in a FOI to the PSNI. It says they should get back to me by 24th April. (Hopfully they do). This is a copy of the FOI I requested:

Dear Police Service of Northern Ireland,

What is the total number of applications received for the 1710 Recruitment Campaign?

Of this total number, how many passed the IST stage?

With regards to some candidates being brought forward to vetting, PCA and Medical before the assessment centre results. How many candidates have advaned on to these stages?

When is the first intake of recruits from 1710 expected to start training as student officers in the Police College Garnerville.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Rossco22

Just to keep everyone updated. I've stuck in a FOI to the PSNI. It says they should get back to me by 24th April. (Hopfully they do). This is a copy of the FOI I requested:

What is the total number of applications received for the 1710 Recruitment Campaign?

With regards to some candidates being brought forward to vetting, PCA and Medical before the assessment centre results. How many candidates have advaned on to these stages?

When is the first intake of recruits from 1710 expected to start training as student officers in the Police College Garnerville.

Nice one mate, will be very interesting to see the answers to that!

Great, that would kill a lot of out curiosities! It will be interesting to see how many people will be at the familiarisation day too!

Dont ask dont get.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭BlueCop8790

Do you think they’ll progress more people early to do the PCA or will they likely just wait until may to contact the rest of us ? Either way I’m not relying on an early call.

Advertisement