Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Juat to give thw guys waiting to hear that taste and to give those who have to waiti to next like us.

Serving officers and student officers what is your favourite part of GV and the job?

Least favourite part

And what do you find the most challenging?

Wait to next time like me*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

PSNI wouldn't answer my FOI as I hadn't supplied a real/proper name. So made a name up and resubmitted lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

I’m assuming no fast track emails today folks for those of you who have finished 1710 assessment centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 mrlovalova22

See just on the back of maxi's question, do we have a rough idea how many folk actually got "fast tracked"? Just to work out if it was enough for a full course to rolled into GV by May/June.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Robocop2k16

See just on the back of maxi's question, do we have a rough idea how many folk actually got "fast tracked"? Just to work out if it was enough for a full course to rolled into GV by May/June.

Nik9 has just submiited a FOI request asking how many candidates were progressed forward. Won't know exact figures until that comes back.

What we know so far is that it is people who "performed to the highest standard", "psni will be contacting a limited number of candidates that this stage" and that it includes a handful of boardies.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Rookie23

Maxi515 wrote: »
    I’m assuming no fast track emails today folks for those of you who have finished 1710 assessment centre?
    Do you think there will be more fast tracked or just the few they have in already?

If there is and I don't get the email it will certainly affect my sanity. Might not make to the 4th ;D

It is driving me mental how they marked the assessment day based on that alone, HOW LIKE F@#@ING HOW!!!! just put us all out of our misery AND TELL US!!!!!

It is driving me mental how they marked the assessment day based on that alone, HOW LIKE F@#@ING HOW!!!! just put us all out of our misery AND TELL US!!!!!

Obviously they had a threshold score for the expedited progression. Porbably based on the invigilator's score sheets. These score sheets would have been passed on to be officially recorded immediately to ensure integrity of the data.

The main body is still going through AC and so they won't release scores until all candidates are through

• Advertisement

I think it just shows the flaws in they way it's carried out. They work out a pass mark based on how well everyone has done and in order to take a certain number of people to the next stages. In fact the pass mark is just a numbers game and not based on your competency for the role at all.

People that scored 59% in campaign 1405 failed and booted, cheerio. People that scored 59% in 1509, welcome aboard.

It wont be the pass mark it will be the people who scored so high that they cannot surpass the official pass mark.

People that scored 59% in campaign 1405 failed and booted, cheerio. People that scored 59% in 1509, welcome aboard.

The score is skewed by the performance of the pool of candidates as a whole.

GCSEs are marked this way....

Just means that 1405 had better perforning candidates than 1509

yeah I know, just saying I think it is more appropriate to achieve a set pass mark rather than changing goal posts. Ensure candidates are displaying competencies specifically and not just competing against other people and THEIR performance. If everyone performed absolutely diabolically, you just have a bunch of incompetent candidates passing because well, they need numbers to go forward.

But then you'd have a MASSIVE and unmanageable pool of candidates.

Was just typing the same thing, and couldn't agree more, just because this campaign were too score extremely well, for example, that means in theory some of us would be cut just for getting 70% instead of 73%..... when the original pass mark was 59%.

Was just typing the same thing, and couldn't agree more, just because this campaign were too score extremely well, for example, that means in theory some of us would be cut just for getting 70% instead of 73%..... when the original pass mark was 59%.

And you still could.

Previous campaigns have no bearing nor are they direct comparators anymore as the conditions of assessment have changed.

Assuming the candidates actually met the required pass standard ;D

I could be wrong but I think the psni seems to be the only police force in the UK that scores the AC the way it does.

I missed 1509 AC by a mark. I know a fella who score 1.25 points better than me.

I am not bitter. Just how the cookie crumbles. I have accepted that and moved on. It's not a great system but it is there to fulfill the PSNIs need for student officers that is all.

I could be wrong but I think the psni seems to be the only police force in the UK that scores the AC the way it does.

And it is unique amongst UK forces for the tyoe of policing it does. So why wouldn't it be different?

Playing devil's advocate btw. I think the system is flawed but it is serving it's purpose.

• Advertisement

And it is unique amongst UK forces for the tyoe of policing it does. So why wouldn't it be different?

Playing devil's advocate btw. I think the system is flawed but it is serving it's purpose.

Oh absolutely mate its the way it is for a reason. Us peelers love a good moan ;D

If you arent griping there's something wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭stm1

Do we know anyone still to do their AC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

stm1 wrote: »
    Do we know anyone still to do their AC?

Pretty sure maxi said they knew someone who has theirs mid april

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Lily79

I also know of someone doing theirs in April

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

No email for me Maxii515

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Bananarama1512

No email for me either ðŸ™

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

No email for me either ðŸ™

Still waiting eh! ...It's going to be May for us!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭BlueCop8790

Same here, the wait is killing me and it’s only been a week lol couldn’t imagine how the January people feel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Bananarama1512

Mine was at the start of February and it feels like it was about a year ago 🙄

Advertisement