Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Slo85

Mine was at the start of February and it feels like it was about a year ago 🙄

Yep mine too. Tho I’m not counting on a good email come the 4th May.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

5 weeks until results are out. Just remember they said by 4th May. They could come out a few days early which would be nice lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Bananarama1512

Just can’t wait to find out 🀞

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭BlueCop8790

NiK9 wrote: »
    5 weeks until results are out. Just remember they said by 4th May. They could come out a few days early which would be nice lol.
    It’s Deloitte though, when do they ever give out results early lol :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Jesus you're optimistic. Expect delays then when they dont happen you'll be happier lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Robocop2k16

It will be results day soon enough guys :) hope we all pull through it anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Adam261

No email here guys,but let’s not take our eye off the ball.the website says the MAJORITY of candidates will find out come may 4th so keep at the physical taining,so more a than a few boardeies will be called for PCA after may 4th.i just hope I’m one of them 😉

Well how did people find the PCA familiarisation?

I deff feel alot more confident about the wall and steps.

Wow that came around fast

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Lily79

Do any of you have any holidays pre booked? I'm thinking of booking a short break for October. I'm afraid it might clash however I also could be putting things on hold and maybe not even pass the A.c. stage

• Advertisement

Lily79 wrote: »
    Do any of you have any holidays pre booked? I'm thinking of booking a short break for October. I'm afraid it might clash however I also could be putting things on hold and maybe not even pass the A.c. stage

My advice would be to wait until you get your result if you can. Its not too far away and if you pass, depending on the score, you could estimate approximately when you might start ( providing you pass the rest)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭BlueCop8790

Lily79 wrote: »
    I’ve a holiday booked for August, although if I progress through the stages and it causes a clash , I’m more than prepared to cancel the holiday.

I'd hold off atleast until the score comes out. It's only 5 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭TheBigLight

Session was well worth it. Great to get a practice on the obsticles. Quite a few folk at the session but only about half that got invited apparently.

Session was well worth it. Great to get a practice on the obsticles. Quite a few folk at the session but only about half that got invited apparently.

Yea didn't the guy say our class today would be split into 3 classes for the actual PCA?
    And then the next day would be another 3 classes? I counted 45 today but I could have missed a few so guessing 50?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Koph89

Good to see the layout of it today, however, struggled with getting over the wall. may need to quicken my pace on other parts to give me extra time for wall

lol Nik you had time to count?! haha, yeah i reckoned there were about 40 or so there. Would have definitely struggled to go  in cold and do it without familiarisation first

Koph89 wrote: »
    lol Nik you had time to count?! haha, yeah i reckoned there were about 40 or so there. Would have definitely struggled to go  in cold and do it without familiarisation first

Haha yea I counted while waiting in the line for the push pull attempt. But with everyone doing the obstacles think i missed some.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭TheBigLight

Yea didn't the guy say our class today would be split into 3 classes for the actual PCA?
    And then the next day would be another 3 classes? I counted 45 today but I could have missed a few so guessing 50?

Think there will be 3 sessions over 2 days? Could be wrong on that though.

BigLight you're right, he said say that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Mb91

I broke down on the way to the familiarisation session 😂 - raging I didn’t get a chance to see it - The wall is the thing I’m worried about.

Mb91 - did you contact them and explain your circumstances? If they give you another opportunity definitely check it out just to get the layout in your own head.

Koph89 wrote: »
    Mb91 - did you contact them and explain your circumstances? If they give you another opportunity definitely check it out just to get the layout in your own head.

I’ve just emailed asking - hopefully there’s another session I can make it to... and hopefully the mechanic bill isn’t too bad 😂😂

Fingers crossed you get a look at it. :)

Got a reply quicker than expected saying there will be no further familiarisation sessions, but there will be a short familiarisation prior to completing the PCA.

Not ideal, but what can you do!

Oh well, the video does give you a good idea and you'll have time on the day to look at it. Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Gardocki

The PTI will tell you the next obstacle as you move through the course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

I hear some folk have already been contacted to provide details of tattoos. So vetting has started...

I hear some folk have already been contacted to provide details of tattoos. So vetting has started...

Yea they started it a few weeks ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Tinshed22

Yeah the familiarisation was definitely worth while to put my mind at ease. Good to size up the wall and get a feel for the drag etc.

Mb91 - If you’re reasonably fit, you’ll be fine. Most were able to easily manage all obstacles, so just make sure to make the most of the walk through before hand and ask the PTI any question that comes to mind!

Also good to get chatting to everyone today, everyone was really nice!

Advertisement