Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

It's good to see a few new names of people joining the board today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 ldngal18

Hey guys and girls,

I couldn't make it over the water for the familiarisation visit today but have my PCA pretty soon. (I think I have it on the same date as some of you lovely people from the looks of things). Looking forward to meeting you all!

Yours,
    a longtime lurker from the mainland.

ldngal18 wrote: »
    Hey guys and girls,

I couldn't make it over the water for the familiarisation visit today but have my PCA pretty soon. (I think I have it on the same date as some of you lovely people from the looks of things). Looking forward to meeting you all!

Yours,
    a longtime lurker from the mainland.

Welcome, Glad to have another boardie moving forward with us.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Rossco22

NiK9 wrote: »
    Well how did people find the PCA familiarisation?

I deff feel alot more confident about the wall and steps.
    Couldn't get it off work so wasn't able to make it down. How did you find it Nik? Anything you think you will need to pay extra attention to or be careful of on the day?

Rossco22 wrote: »

Couldn't get it off work so wasn't able to make it down. How did you find it Nik? Anything you think you will need to pay extra attention to or be careful of on the day?

I was happy enough with everything. Getting to attempt the steps was biggest worry for me because I'm tallish. So was worried about knocking pole down. But was able to do it no problem.
    It seems as long as you are able compose yourself and not make a load of mistakes I don't see a big problem with doing it in the time.

The weight bag slid easy enough and all the directions are clearly marked out on the floor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Rossco22

Rossco22 wrote: »

I was happy enough with everything. Getting to attempt the steps was biggest worry for me because I'm tallish. So was worried about knocking pole down. But was able to do it no problem.
    It seems as long as you are able compose yourself and not make a load of mistakes I don't see a big problem with doing it in the time.

The weight bag slid easy enough and all the directions are clearly marked out on the floor.
    Super, thanks mate. I'll just have to hope we get a decent enough look at it before we go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Robocop2k16

Not sure how soon your PCAs are guys so best of luck when it comes!

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

Oh my!!

Just received a fast track email. Can’t believe this. Things just got real.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Maxi515 wrote: »
    Just received a fast track email. Can’t believe this. Things just got real.

Happy thursday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Lily79

Also just got an email!! I'm actually in shock, I really thought i had messed it up

Told you's all to stay positive lol

Lol I guess I'll hold off on that holiday after all :-)

Lily79 wrote: »
    Lol I guess I'll hold off on that holiday after all :-)

Just go earlier ðŸ˜

Treat yoself

Book a holiday for june/July if you want.

I wouldnt put my life on hold. I've just accepted a new job but with the speed the recruitment is now going I'm hoping I have a date before the vetting clears for the new job.

So I don't have to be that d**k that gets a job and leaves in a month or so lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭BlueCop8790

Well done guys! Hard works paid off! I’d tell you guys to enjoy a drink tonight but with the PCA looming it’s probably not the best idea lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Davidb1988

Hi folks! Been a lurker here for about a year now! Just got the email this afternoon - well pleased! Had my self 99% convinced that I’d Messed the whole thing up. But good luck and congrats everyone!

Just wondering how long after you got the email did you guys get the info on familiarisation slot?

Davidb1988 wrote: »
    Hi folks! Been a lurker here for about a year now! Just got the email this afternoon - well pleased! Had my self 99% convinced that I’d Messed the whole thing up. But good luck and congrats everyone!

Just wondering how long after you got the email did you guys get the info on familiarisation slot?

I've spoken with a trusted source in person there less than an hour ago. He says he heard within a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Davidb1988

Maxi515 wrote: »
    Davidb1988 wrote: »

I've spoken with a trusted source in person there less than an hour ago. He says he heard within a week.

Ok thanks. I suppose the easter hols may put things back a week too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭stm1

Well done guys. Maybe everyone that has passed will have heard by 4th May.

#imstillwaiting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭BlueCop8790

stm1 wrote: »
    Well done guys. Maybe everyone that has passed will have heard by 4th May.

#imstillwaiting
    Same here buddy, the wait carries on for us unfortunately :(

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Bananarama1512

I wonder how many are being fast tracked, still waiting is depressing me 🀔

Book a holiday for june/July if you want.

I wouldnt put my life on hold. I've just accepted a new job but with the speed the recruitment is now going I'm hoping I have a date before the vetting clears for the new job.

So I don't have to be that d**k that gets a job and leaves in a month or so lol.

What he said.

Live and enjoy your freedom whilat you have it 😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Tinshed22

Well done to everyone who got the second round of emails! Anyone still waiting could still get good news before the 4th!

Out of curiosity what was the rough time period for those who got the second round of emails?

Now that there are more being advanced this may potentially mean those that received the first round of emails may be a tad further down the merit list than first thought?

My assessment centre was roughly two weeks ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Robocop2k16

No email here either. Bit disappointed but the twelve rounds aren't over yet.

No email here either. Bit disappointed but the twelve rounds aren't over yet.

Anyway still waiting, stay positive. It says on the website that the majority of people won't hear anything until 4th May so it's certainly not over yet

Anyone*

• Advertisement

Tinshed22 wrote: »
    Now that there are more being advanced this may potentially mean those that received the first round of emails may be a tad further down the merit list than first thought?

Can't be done like that as there is no merit list yet. PSNI have only been given details of people who have scored above a certain mark which guarantees them a pass mark.

Advertisement