Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Robocop2k16

26 sleeps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

26 sleeps

I honestly don't know how anyone who did their AC in Jan has lasted this long of a wait.

NiK9 wrote: »
    26 sleeps

I honestly don't know how anyone who did their AC in Jan has lasted this long of a wait.

Lol I know right. I guess you guys that are being progressed has taken all that weight off your shoulders. Rest of us still biting our nails lol.

Hoping with all the talk of the difficulty that the pass mark remains low.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Ponif

26 sleeps
    Wish they could at-least give you some idea of how you did through an email a week or so after.  Keep thinking about all the stuff I did really badly and all the stuff I did really well and wondering if it was enough to get me through. No idea how the folks from Jan are sticking it

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

Deloitte you just keep me hanging on.. lol

• Advertisement

I think I would much prefer getting my score on the day and await the news of a pass mark later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Slo85

I’m the opposite I want to know on the day if I’ve passed or failed. I’ve been waiting from the end of January and it’s killing me.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

I think 2 weeks wait is long enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Adam West

I was fine with waiting until May for the results. The advance emails have made me anxious now.

Came out of the AC thinking I'd done well, then read through this thread and started to believe I'd done better than average, then the advance emails started going out and enough time has passed that I don't think I'm gonna get one and now I'm beginning to think that I failed the whole thing

• Registered Users Posts: 39 ldngal18

Deloitte/PSNI for sure know everyone's marks and probably in most cases whether they are likely to have "Passed" or not, but probably want to be sure before they send people invites to PCAs etc due to the merit list based system that is employed post AC.

• Advertisement

I think I would much prefer getting my score on the day and await the news of a pass mark later.

Aye, I mean the merit list is basically just the top 300 scores what's the harm in telling us what we got? And uh out of curiosity does anyone know the min pass mark from the last campaign?

Adam West wrote: »
    I was fine with waiting until May for the results. The advance emails have made me anxious now.

Came out of the AC thinking I'd done well, then read through this thread and started to believe I'd done better than average, then the advance emails started going out and enough time has passed that I don't think I'm gonna get one and now I'm beginning to think that I failed the whole thing
    Oh I wouldn't worry about that mate, they are tryina get the whole process done quicker this time around so they are taking the people they would have called up first anyway, remember they have a whole massive list of around 300-400 people to get through

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Ponif wrote: »

Aye, I mean the merit list is basically just the top 300 scores what's the harm in telling us what we got? And uh out of curiosity does anyone know the min pass mark from the last campaign?

Ponif wrote: »

Did they go as low as 55 when calling people to progress?

A friend got called 55.75

I really don't think they will exhaust a Merit list again.

I really don't think they will exhaust a Merit list again.

I can’t see it. Hoping I’ve just done enough.

See to be honest compared to the last campaign they have done amazingly well in this process. Yea there were bugs in IST but technology is a wonderful thing... only when it works. And it was marked alot quicker than the paper version so that was a positive.

They have definitely stepped up their game in the AC. During the 1509 the room where everyone did their reports etc only held 12. So they have went from doing 2x 12 person sessions a day to 2x much larger classes and moving everything along quickly.
    The wait is very painful but totally understandable, they can't tell us a pass/fail until after everyone finished. And as far as I'm aware there is still another 2 weeks of AC to go.

Not long now :D

I come off nights at 0700 on 4th May. Not a wink of sleep will be had.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Lily79

You would be safer going to bed and expect an email around 4.45pm :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭BlueCop8790

May the 4th be with you...... I’ll see myself out.

There will be more campaigns for they have a pending mass exodus. And I don't think the Chief Con could be arsed with the class action industrial tribunal that would come from refusing peoples retirement.

6a00d834515deb69e201a3face7170970b.jpg

Me on D-day

Ctrl-R

Ctrl-R

Ctrl-R

On your email lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Emy247

Hi guys, following this post for a while but first time posting.

AC done at the end of Jan, still waiting on that email. Thought I had did quite well, my partners also doing the 1710 campaign. He passed all parts a few years ago (AC, PCA, medical) and a problem with vetting let him down so he went on to be a P.O. but has applied this time again, he’s also waiting on an email and because he passed it a couple of years ago I’m still confident with both of our results.

But I have a question, did everyone get the full AC finished on time? I had two problems with my laptop so I lost time and did not get a part completed, Deloitte know and that’s grand. But just wondering did anyone else who might not have got the full thing completed still got through?

Thanks!

Emy247 wrote: »

AC done at the end of Jan, still waiting on that email. Thought I had did quite well, my partners also doing the 1710 campaign. He passed all parts a few years ago (AC, PCA, medical) and a problem with vetting let him down so he went on to be a P.O. but has applied this time again, he’s also waiting on an email and because he passed it a couple of years ago I’m still confident with both of our results.

But I have a question, did everyone get the full AC finished on time? I had two problems with my laptop so I lost time and did not get a part completed, Deloitte know and that’s grand. But just wondering did anyone else who might not have got the full thing completed still got through?

Thanks!

My mate didnt finish the last part, only got two boxes done yet was fast tracked. So I wouldn't be worried.

Thanks!

I didn't get last 2 parts of the report writing even started. So wouldn't worry. Welcome to the group :)

NiK9 wrote: »

I didn't get last 2 parts of the report writing even started. So wouldn't worry. Welcome to the group :)

You were also fast tracked weren't you Nik?

Thanks!

Welcome to the group. Ive heard of VERY few actually getting the report finished.

The time frame from the first batch of emails to the second was 13 days. This Wednesday/late this week could be more?? Or they might hold off with what they have so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

Not to derail the thread but has everyone seen the x2 videos floating about social media re: teenage housebreakers in turf lodge? Armed response showed up after one of the young ones brandished a meat cleaver. The mother had the cheek to defend them too. That follows on from mass gangs of young people roaming free about the Colin area of West Belfast. What are the police really supposed to do with parenting like that?

Advertisement