Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

Also re: finishing the AC in time. I barely got finished. Just barely. Came out thinking it was a terrible performance. Very few people left my AC thinking they finished or performed adequately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Maxi515 wrote: »
    Not to derail the thread but has everyone seen the x2 videos floating about social media re: teenage housebreakers in turf lodge? Armed response showed up after one of the young ones brandished a meat cleaver. The mother had the cheek to defend them too. That follows on from mass gangs of young people roaming free about the Colin area of West Belfast. What are the police really supposed to do with parenting like that?

*cough* social services *cough*

There's weet fa for kids to do, that is in anyway cheap. Plus when the parenting response is just to let their kids do what tgey want because disciplining them is too hard it just snowalls

Snowballs*

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

Would it be right of me thinking the people who have been fast tracked must have done really well in the role plays and action plans especially when some of you didn't complete the last part? Anyway well done guys... hopefully May the 4th is with me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Lily79

I also didn't get the report finished. I don't think I had anything on the last 2 parts so the role plays must have more points. Although I also left feeling like I had done terrible in everything.

I also didn't get the report finished. I don't think I had anything on the last 2 parts so the role plays must have more points. Although I also left feeling like I had done terrible in everything.

Lily79 wrote: »

Have you been fast tracked Lily79?

I think everyone is thinking too much about everything. I am a worrier myself but I have learned to accept that there are things you juat can't control and things that yoi really want to understand but due to lack of data can't come to an accurate conclusion, so for the sake of sanity I just focus on things that I can change.

I failed IST. So the only thing ai can do in the mean time is practoce SJTs as that is what let me down and keep fit.

Have you been fast tracked Lily79?

Yes

• Advertisement

My point is this;

1. The police will always be there, if you want it you WILL get it, just a matter of when.

2. All progress made is beneficial, so in the mean time while you're waiting get fit as that means you will be ready whwn PCA come and if the unfortunate happens you have still done SOMETHING. Keep fit and then when you get to PCA in the next campaign you will know that you don't need to worry about that.

3. As a police officer you are entering a profession that is not a job it is a vocation and so you will need to learn to keep living your own life, best way to manage that transition, start doing it. Don't put your life on hold. Book that holiday, plan that wedding, buy the house. LIVE.

4. You are all capable so if it doesn't go your way. Have your scream, stamp your feet and guern for a bit. Re-oreintate and crack on.

Yes

Excellent...well done! Good luck with the PCA

Yes

Excellent...well done! Good luck with the PCA
    Thankyou :)

Did you get another PCA date Lily? How is the toe holding up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Nap702

Question about fast track,

Obviously you lucky folk scored high but surely you also did your AC in January/February?

For example can someone who scored high in March, can they also be fast tracked at this stage?

Nap702 wrote: »
    Question about fast track,

Obviously you lucky folk scored high but surely you also did your AC in January/February?

For example can someone who scored high in March, can they also be fast tracked at this stage?

I dont think anyone can really know at this stage but there could be a pleasant email for march folk in the coming weeks..

Remember this is the first campaign of a new process so who knows?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Koph89

Yes, Nap702, I did mine in middle of March

Koph89 wrote: »

Horse's mouth.

I'm sure the process change will have fewer people falling away at the speed things are coming together now.

Well done guys.

Koph are you fast tracked?

Did you do AC early or late March, I was very late March myself

Sorry I see you said middle

• Advertisement

Well technically mine was just before mid march, yes got the email about a week after doing it to my utter shock.

Well technically mine was just before mid march, yes got the email about a week after doing it to my utter shock.

Good man well done

woman! ;) haha
    Best of luck Nap, stay positive. Like most people, I came out of it thinking I'd done awful but lo and behold, you just never know :)

woman! ;) haha
    Best of luck Nap, stay positive. Like most people, I came out of it thinking I'd done awful but lo and behold, you just never know :)

Lol lol sorry

I've confirmed the date that I was originally given so the plan is to take another few days resting it and then hopefully I can get back to some sort of training. If all goes wrong I have the 12 weeks to retest but as I've been given the opportunity to fast track I don't want to hold myself back so if necessary it'll be strapped up, few painkillers and try my best :)

I've confirmed the date that I was originally given so the plan is to take another few days resting it and then hopefully I can get back to some sort of training. If all goes wrong I have the 12 weeks to retest but as I've been given the opportunity to fast track I don't want to hold myself back so if necessary it'll be strapped up, few painkillers and try my best :)

Amazing! Go for it.

Please please please don't injure yourself.

You really don't want a medical fail over a silly injury

You don't want to aggravate the injury, plus if it's obvious the PTI will pull you.

You don't want to aggravate the injury, plus if it's obvious the PTI will pull you.
    I'll have a better idea after the familiarisation day if its doable and I'm sure I could change the date after that if necessary.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Robocop2k16

I'll have a better idea after the familiarisation day if its doable and I'm sure I could change the date after that if necessary.

I'm sure if you picture yourself in that uniform just before your PCA you could do it with one leg never mind a gammy toe :)

Advertisement