Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

In that case pop a good load of ibuprofen and paracetamol 😉😉😉

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Lily79

Maxi are you going to the familiarisation day?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Lily79

Is there anyone else here that got the email in the second batch?

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

I don't know if I am or not. My PCA date has been moved back due to another commitment I have down south. I hope it isn't too much further to wait though. Would really like to be into the swing of things by autumn/winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 ktrsd

Nap702 wrote: »
    Question about fast track,

Obviously you lucky folk scored high but surely you also did your AC in January/February?

For example can someone who scored high in March, can they also be fast tracked at this stage?

Late March. Email received less than a week later. Was very surprised to hear back so quick!

• Advertisement

Anyone know if you do progress and get through GV what way it works in terms of where you are stationed? Is it just randomly allocated... like can you end up being placed in any district at all? Travelling is no issue, just asking out of interest.

ktrsd wrote: »
    Anyone know if you do progress and get through GV what way it works in terms of where you are stationed? Is it just randomly allocated... like can you end up being placed in any district at all? Travelling is no issue, just asking out of interest.

You get to choose preferences based on what districts are available when you start GV. You can't choose which station within the district though as far as I know.

You place your choices. The selection of district may be limited.

You are given a box to explain your reasons why you have selected the areas you have.

Single parent
    Prinsry carer
    To avoid home etc

You are then allocated district at induction and station just before your final tests in GV

Primary* carer

Maxi515 wrote: »

You get to choose preferences based on what districts are available when you start GV. You can't choose which station within the district though as far as I know.
    Ah, makes sense. Understandably, it's probably wisest to be based outside of where you normally live anyway... just hopefully not 60-70 mile of a commute away!

• Advertisement

Ah, makes sense. Understandably, it's probably wisest to be based outside of where you normally live anyway... just hopefully not 60-70 mile of a commute away!

Maybe! Local knowledge is good too on the flipside. It all depends on where you live, who you know and your personal security I think. We all have different considerations.

Hoping for Antrim/NAbbey, Bangor/Ards or Carrick/Larne if I make it that far in the process. Probably areas with the least urgent need.. it all depends on what is available. Ultimately you have to be prepared to be sent anywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭sparkylarky

Would lurgan/craigavon be considered an area of needing officers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

When you get the call you will get a form and choose up to 4 districts that are available. And then on induction day you are told your allocated district.
    From what I've heard from serving constables they try and not place you more than 35 miles away from home (which fits in with the GV rule of only those further than 35 can stay). But it all depends on operational needs.

Lurgan is the response station in that district, so that's where you would be sent. And I would assume most definitely. It's one of the most high-risk districts out there. DR's are very active in Lurgan.

Lurgan is the response station in that district, so that's where you would be sent. And I would assume most definitely. It's one of the most high-risk districts out there. DR's are very active in Lurgan.

Yea that makes sense! Thats where I would like to go one of the reasons being the DR threat! that or strabane

Yea that makes sense! Thats where I would like to go one of the reasons being the DR threat! that or strabane

Lurgan or strabanistan?? some distance between them choices lol

NiK9 wrote: »

Lol I would happly go to either I could manage the travelling

Craigavon would be my **** hole of choice. bollocks to Derry and Strabane lol

NiK9 wrote: »

Lol I would happly go to either I could manage the travelling

Think long term though. It isn't only distance but travel time. With my current job I usually get a round of 75miles. A day. Doesn't sound like much but that can add on up to 2 hours traveling each day.
    Personally I would rather travel further than slower. If that makes sense. I'd rather travel 30 miles in 40mins than 15 miles in 30mins lol. I HATE TRAFFIC lmao.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Gardocki

Something to keep in mind is that he choices for District change from course to course.

North Down, Lisburn and Antrim were all unavailable for my course but were options for the following batch.

• Advertisement

Well, if you can willingly embrace that risk, go for it. Someone's got to step up and go. I've always figured I would have more to worry about than dissidents would ever have to worry about me.

Gardocki wrote: »
    Something to keep in mind is that he choices for District change from course to course.

North Down, Lisburn and Antrim were all unavailable for my course but were options for the following batch.

The 'easy' districts. I wonder why no one is moving from there... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 39 ldngal18

Is turning up in smart casual clothing and changing into PT kit acceptable for the PCA? I thought a suit type get up to be a little over the top tbh.

ldngal18 wrote: »
    For those of us who have our PCA tomorrow: is turning up in smart casual clothing and changing into PT kit acceptable? I thought a suit type get up to be a little over the top tbh.

Just turn up in gym kit lol. If it's cold wear trackies to take off lol

Not meant to mention when things are being held for security reasons lol.
    But I'll be going in a pair of trackies and changing Into shorts.

The only time you'll need to suit up again is induction and week1 day1 😂😂😂

There were people in 1509 who quickly changed in the gym hall changing rooms before they started.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

ldngal18 wrote: »
    For those of us who have our PCA tomorrow: is turning up in smart casual clothing and changing into PT kit acceptable? I thought a suit type get up to be a little over the top tbh.

I did with mine as I came straight from work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

As others have said you get to choose preferred districts but they could send you anywhere regardless of situation.

I got lucky with mine but some got a district very far away and some got their home district.

Just be prepared that you could go anywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Ponif

Probably a bit of a silly question, but are we specifically told that we have passed vetting? or do you just get a PCA date in the mail.

Advertisement