Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Slo85

Congrats guys. I’m sure yous are all delighted. Won’t be long until yous will get a start date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Nap702

NiK9 wrote: »
    If I can give any advice. Practice your side steps (like footballers do with cones).
    In the PCA video the woman runs and turns around each cone after the wall.
    You don't have to do it that way. Side stepping is ALOT quicker. Just set up some empty bottles in your kitchen or garden and practice :)

Well done Nik, nearly there now !!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Lily79

If I can give any advice. Practice your side steps (like footballers do with cones).
    In the PCA video the woman runs and turns around each cone after the wall.
    You don't have to do it that way. Side stepping is ALOT quicker. Just set up some empty bottles in your kitchen or garden and practice :)
    I'm going to have to try find some videos of this side stepping! Thanks for the tip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Get to Sportsdirect and buy some cones lol

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Lily79

With everything moving so fast it will be interesting to see how soon the dates for medicals come along

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Robocop2k16

I counted 21 days after pca pass a candidate in 1509 did her medical. (Im a real figures freak lol)

I counted 21 days after pca pass a candidate in 1509 did her medical. (Im a real figures freak lol)

One of those folks who remembers all their card numbers lol

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Rossco22

Passed PCA! Chuffed! Deffo agree with Nik about the air, driving home now and my chest in bits haha. Just glad that's over and done with though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭takodah

Great news! AC next week for me thanks to the snow a few weeks back. I wonder how it works for those who score high in AC so late in April. ( not saying I will) will they get fast tracked too and be in GV squad one or maybe they already have the numbers for 1st squad already.
    Maybe there is a slight disadvantage to having AC later.
    Roll on 4th May tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Mb91

Passed the PCA today too! Still tight in the chest from the dry air. Anyone that’s preaparing just keep working on general fitness (HIIT if you can) and be prepared to bust a gut for 3:54 and you should do fine! Buzzing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Anyone able to tell me or pm how long roughly the AC lasts? (Still waiting to do that part)

Are all those already progressed onto PCA already through their AC?

Goonerdee wrote: »

Yes they were fast tracked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

Anyone able to tell me or pm how long roughly the AC lasts? (Still waiting to do that part)

Cant remember how long but I know mine didn't finish too early. So make arrangements for the full length of time it says on the invite email. Just to be safe.

takodah wrote: »
    Great news! AC next week for me thanks to the snow a few weeks back. I wonder how it works for those who score high in AC so late in April. ( not saying I will) will they get fast tracked too and be in GV squad one or maybe they already have the numbers for 1st squad already.
    Maybe there is a slight disadvantage to having AC later.
    Roll on 4th May tho

Good luck with your AC!! You'll do great!!

Cant remember how long but I know mine didn't finish too early. So make arrangements for the full length of time it says on the invite email. Just to be safe.

Poo! Just remember I need to print that out! Congrats on the PCA.

OK, dont want to start worrying about my PCA until after the AC.

OK, dont want to start worrying about my PCA until after the AC.

PCA prep is the one thing you can do at any time, i'm not keeping for for the craic lol.

Patiently waiting for the next campaign

Roughly 3-5 hours

• Advertisement

Keeping fit*

Upperbody strength is my biggest weakness. Its what failed me last PCA and I’m ashamed to admit I havent done much about it! Hoping I havent left it too late.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Nap702

Upperbody strength is my biggest weakness. Its what failed me last PCA and I’m ashamed to admit I havent done much about it! Hoping I havent left it too late.

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

Congratulations to you guys...and girls who have passed your PCA... hoping I will be doing it soon.. if the 4th May ever gets here that is lol

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Rossco22

For anyone wondering, the PCA is doable as long as you want it enough. I'm 15 and a half stone and unfit, I had only been training since getting the fast track email, so about 3 weeks of training. It was very tough but as long as you've got some level of fitness and give it your all you should be fine.

Rossco22 wrote: »
    For anyone wondering, the PCA is doable as long as you want it enough. I'm 15 and a half stone and unfit, I had only been training since getting the fast track email, so about 3 weeks of training. It was very tough but as long as you've got some level of fitness and give it your all you should be fine.

Spiffing should be well proud.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Slatprh

Tried ringing 101 today to see about the status of vetting and was told that they haven't had the merit list released to them yet from deloitte. Does anyone know if you get an email letting you know you're on the merit list or does it come through the post?

Slatprh wrote: »
    Tried ringing 101 today to see about the status of vetting and was told that they haven't had the merit list released to them yet from deloitte. Does anyone know if you get an email letting you know you're on the merit list or does it come through the post?

PSNI won't have a merit list until the AC results are released. Your score will determine roughly where you are on the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Slatprh

PSNI won't have a merit list until the AC results are released. Your score will determine roughly where you are on the list.

Do you get told your score? Or just a yes/no if you're progressing?

• Advertisement

Slatprh wrote: »

Do you get told your score? Or just a yes/no if you're progressing?

You get a "well done" or a "sorry to tell you" paragraph, some generic guff and a score breakdown

Advertisement