Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Plus what happens next obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Slatprh

You get a "well done" or a "sorry to tell you" paragraph, some generic guff and a score breakdown

Great, thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Lily79

Slatprh wrote: »
    NiK9 wrote: »
    PSNI won't have a merit list until the AC results are released. Your score will determine roughly where you are on the list.

Do you get told your score? Or just a yes/no if you're progressing?

As far as I know you get told your score on the 4th may. Vetting has definitely started for those that got the fast track emails as I've had contact from them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

I can't wait until the scores come out. Not long now.

I had my AC in January and sent my vetting away 2 days later, haven't heard anything since.

• Advertisement

I had my AC in January and sent my vetting away 2 days later, haven't heard anything since.

That's because PSNI don't know if you have passed yet. They won't find out until results are released in 4th May.

That's because PSNI don't know if you have passed yet. They won't find out until results are released in 4th May.

The point is PSNI aren't going to spend the money vetting someone who hasn't passed AC

The point is PSNI aren't going to spend the money vetting someone who hasn't passed AC

The forms you filled out etc were just the data capture, concurrent activity and all that.

Still a waiting game then, may as well practise for the PCA in the meantime.

• Advertisement

Still a waiting game then, may as well practise for the PCA in the meantime.

Even if the worst happens keep on top of the fitness. Means it WILL NOT be an issue whem you pass the next time 😉

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Davidb1988

Where you okay time wise? Did you do much training for the PCA, and if so was it necessary?

Wasn't as quick as I thought I would have been but still got a decent pass.
    Yea I've been training 4/5 days a week since IST results.
    Definitely think some sort of training is a must even just for the confidence.
    I just train at home though not in a gym, I have some equipment in my garage.
    I can honestly say though today was first time I've ran this year. Apart from playing with my dogs lol.

congrats on the PCA pass today. I have mine In a few weeks - was just wondering if you could recommend any specific training that would help?

I go to circuit training so hoping that will help a bit anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Njim91

AC finally over. Feels like I'm playing catch up with people who've already passed PCA (congrats btw!!) I know that this has been touched on before but did anyone find upon leaving the AC that they have no idea at all whether it went horrible wrong or clicked together very well? The report writing seemed to be a downfall for me but everything else seemed to go smoothly :o

Davidb1988 wrote: »
    Where you okay time wise? Did you do much training for the PCA, and if so was it necessary?

Wasn't as quick as I thought I would have been but still got a decent pass.
    Yea I've been training 4/5 days a week since IST results.
    Definitely think some sort of training is a must even just for the confidence.
    I just train at home though not in a gym, I have some equipment in my garage.
    I can honestly say though today was first time I've ran this year. Apart from playing with my dogs lol.

congrats on the PCA pass today. I have mine In a few weeks - was just wondering if you could recommend any specific training that would help?

I go to circuit training so hoping that will help a bit anyway.

Circuits is a great way of training for it. In the past I did alot of circuits and kb classes but since ist I just trained at home. But circuits and hiit is the way forward. Good luck with your PCA.

Njim91 wrote: »
    AC finally over. Feels like I'm playing catch up with people who've already passed PCA (congrats btw!!) I know that this has been touched on before but did anyone find upon leaving the AC that they have no idea at all whether it went horrible wrong or clicked together very well? The report writing seemed to be a downfall for me but everything else seemed to go smoothly :o

Same as most of us. I was happy about my role plays but report writing was my downfall too. Didn't even get last 2 bits started.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Emy247

Njim91 wrote: »

Same as most of us. I was happy about my role plays but report writing was my downfall too. Didn't even get last 2 bits started.

I was happy about my role plays too, report not so much and I’m still waiting for 4th May so I won’t know how I’ve done til then. I haven’t started training for PCA as I’m not as confident as I once was, knowing that there’s been two fast track groups and I’m not any of them. Also phoned vetting today and they have only received the first batch of applications.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Robocop2k16

Defo can’t wait for this result. Good or bad I just need out of my misery, the amount I’ve ran it over in my head thinking I should have said/done this and thinking “jeez why’d you say that yee eejit”. Felt role plays were okay, my written parts were pretty poor I thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭BlueCop8790

Defo can’t wait for this result. Good or bad I just need out of my misery, the amount I’ve ran it over in my head thinking I should have said/done this and thinking “jeez why’d you say that yee eejit”. Felt role plays were okay, my written parts were pretty poor I thought.
    I’m the same, Coming out of my AC I thought I did well in my role plays and action plans, however the more I wait the more I think “why’d I say that ? “ or “ why didn’t I do this?” and then their was that report at the end which was just an absolute nightmare.

takodah wrote: »

Just remember it's not all about the info but about how you treat the person.
    There could be people who are reluctant to talk, dont force them and be sharp, it's your job to calm them and help them understand you're there to help.
    Think about how you would expect a constable to talk to your grand parents.
    During my 2014 AC there was a role player who was so scared of being "targeted" so she refused to give me any info. And I lost alot of points because I didn't try and reassure her I just kept poking for answers.

PCA yesterday and managed to get an appointment with my GP today for medical forms. I'm never going to complain about NHS again.... well.... Not for a few hours any way lmao.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Nap702

Does anyone know if there was any fast tracking for anyone that done AC in April?

Nap702 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there was any fast tracking for anyone that done AC in April?

From what I've been lead to believe from talking to people about their AC dates, the end of next week finishes the AC.
    Someone correct me if they know of anyone else doing theirs after the 20th??

So if there are more fast track emails coming they may come the week starting 23rd.
    Either that or they wont send any and it will run like normal after the AC results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭BlueCop8790

Nap702 wrote: »

From what I've been lead to believe from talking to people about their AC dates, the end of next week finishes the AC.
    Someone correct me if they know of anyone else doing theirs after the 20th??

So if there are more fast track emails coming they may come the week starting 23rd.
    Either that or they wont send any and it will run like normal after the AC results.
    I was thinking the same, they might even fast track some people this week, there was 2 weeks between the first and second batch of progression emails and it’s since been 2 weeks since the last people got the email.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Ponif

Same role plays felt pretty easy, felt a lot more at ease when talking to the role actor, but was sweating buckets when it came to the report and other written stuff because I was never 100 percent on what I was supposed to be doin

Gp didn't even charge me for the medical forms :D def can't complain about them anymore lol

Gp didn't even charge me for the medical forms :D def can't complain about them anymore lol

Atleast your GP is a MGB.

Friend has been charged £60 quid...

Isn't a MGB*

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Adam West

Ponif wrote: »
    Same role plays felt pretty easy, felt a lot more at ease when talking to the role actor, but was sweating buckets when it came to the report and other written stuff because I was never 100 percent on what I was supposed to be doin

I agree with you on that. Thought the role plays went smoothly enough. No idea what they were looking for with the action plans. Just tried to answer the questions as best I could but felt more guidance for that part would have been welcome.

Report writing went pretty well for me because I was taking any spare time I had between the interviews and writing out my key findings for the final report. Then when it came to report writing time I pretty much had half of it written out. I can type too which meant I was pretty much transcribing it and then spent the last few minutes polishing it off. From looking through these pages I think I was one of the few who finished the report writing section. Still no sign of me getting fast tracked so not sure if it made a difference but time will tell.

Would highly recommend to anyone if they're unlucky this year and wants to prepare for the next AC to learn how to type. Very useful skill nowadays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Robocop2k16

Adam West wrote: »
    Ponif wrote: »

I agree with you on that. Thought the role plays went smoothly enough. No idea what they were looking for with the action plans. Just tried to answer the questions as best I could but felt more guidance for that part would have been welcome.

Report writing went pretty well for me because I was taking any spare time I had between the interviews and writing out my key findings for the final report. Then when it came to report writing time I pretty much had half of it written out. I can type too which meant I was pretty much transcribing it and then spent the last few minutes polishing it off. From looking through these pages I think I was one of the few who finished the report writing section. Still no sign of me getting fast tracked so not sure if it made a difference but time will tell.

Would highly recommend to anyone if they're unlucky this year and wants to prepare for the next AC to learn how to type. Very useful skill nowadays.

Yeap. Action plans were a head scratcher. Didn't really get it tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭TheBigLight

PCA yesterday and email for medical today. Anyone else?

Advertisement