Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Adam West

Yeap. Action plans were a head scratcher. Didn't really get it tbh.

I really want to discuss it on the board to find out what the people who got fast tracked did in regards to those but I don't want to violate the privacy agreement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

PCA yesterday and email for medical today. Anyone else?
    My mate got it. Rapid turnover eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

Got my medical date too :D

For people that have went through GV/going through.

Many folk opt out of the pension scheme until after they passout just to make the pay hit easier?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭TheBigLight

PCA yesterday and email for medical today. Anyone else?
    My mate got it. Rapid turnover eh?

Shifting at some pace this campaign! Will be interesting once the results are out after the 4th May.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 ldngal18

I have my medical date too. My GP is charging me a fair amount of money for that form. .. ahem

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Lily79

Without specifics is the medical date far away?

ldngal18 wrote: »
    I have my medical date too. My GP is charging me a fair amount of money for that form. .. ahem

Couldn't they have just waited for GDPR to come into affect lol

Lily79 wrote: »

No not far away at all!! :) good luck to all.

No not far away at all!! :) good luck to all.

• Advertisement

I said to mine "do I just pay at the reception" and he said "no just you go on out the door and don't mention it to them" lmao.
    When I was making the appointment I didn't tell the receptionist what it was for, I just landed in with the forms at my appointment time lol.

My GP said it was his first time doing one for the police, said it was normally ones for the army.

NiK9 wrote: »

I said to mine "do I just pay at the reception" and he said "no just you go on out the door and don't mention it to them" lmao.
    When I was making the appointment I didn't tell the receptionist what it was for, I just landed in with the forms at my appointment time lol.

My GP said it was his first time doing one for the police, said it was normally ones for the army.

Army ones GP gets £65 a pop then capita loses them. And he gets another £65

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭BlueCop8790

Really impressed with the speed of the campaign, by the time you guys get your AC score, you’ll be entering GV the week later lol.

Really impressed with the speed of the campaign, by the time you guys get your AC score, you’ll be entering GV the week later lol.

Well maybe not that quick lol. But yea it's moving at a brilliant pace. Hopefully the first class will be starting Aug. Maybe even June if May really is the last of 1509

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Robocop2k16

How many folk roughly sit the PCA on the day?

20 at a time.

20 at a time.

Are you able to see other people while they're doing it?

20 at a time.

Are you able to see other people while they're doing it?

No everyone stays in the corridor outside and there is no windows.
    You start your first lap as someone is half way through/finishing their last lap. And then the person after you will be starting when you are half way through/finishing your last lap.

That's good, I certainly don't want an audience :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Recruit2134

Hi guys, happy to say I’ve passed everything so far including the PCA. Has anyone enquired if their vetting has cleared? Do they contact the supervisors on the form? - I can’t see mine being happy that I’m trying to jump ship if they do!

• Advertisement

Hi guys, happy to say I’ve passed everything so far including the PCA. Has anyone enquired if their vetting has cleared? Do they contact the supervisors on the form? - I can’t see mine being happy that I’m trying to jump ship if they do!

Well done on passing :D
    Vetting won't clear until after the drugs test.
    As for employers they arnt asking for a reference so no point in them contacting them. It's more to prove what you've been up to rather than how good a worker you are. Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Recruit2134

As for employers they arnt asking for a reference so no point in them contacting them. It's more to prove what you've been up to rather than how good a worker you are. Lol

Well done to you too, we more than likely chatted yesterday! I see you have your GP part of the medical completed already! I booked my GP this morning before I got the medical email and the first appointment I could get is 2 weeks after the medical! Haha I need to ring tomorrow and get something urgent!

Why do they ask for supervisors names for your current and past employment if they wouldn’t contact them though? - I am just worried my manager will either hold it against me or not be overly helpful to them! I know I’m probably panicking about nothing lol

Well done to you too, we more than likely chatted yesterday! I see you have your GP part of the medical completed already! I booked my GP this morning before I got the medical email and the first appointment I could get is 2 weeks after the medical! Haha I need to ring tomorrow and get something urgent!

Why do they ask for supervisors names for your current and past employment if they wouldn’t contact them though? - I am just worried my manager will either hold it against me or not be overly helpful to them! I know I’m probably panicking about nothing lol

Oh i actually forgot about them asking for their details. I'm not sure now. But I can't see them asking before an offer of employment is made.

Also I'm kind of lucky, my GP changed their practice rules recently where you can only book an appointment if it's over a week away. You just have to call each morning to get an appointment. So I just called at 8.30 this morning and got one before 11. So was really handy. Rather than trying to book one in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Robocop2k16

I got speaking to a successful 1509 candidate who said neither of his referees were contacted at any point.

Jesus the DRs really are running out of words to use in their names....

IRM sounds like a computer part...

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Rossco22

Medical date through today also, can't believe how soon it is and how quickly everything is progressing. So after the medical and drugs test at the police station, what's next? Isn't that pretty much it aside from online learning?

• Advertisement

Rossco22 wrote: »
    Medical date through today also, can't believe how soon it is and how quickly everything is progressing. So after the medical and drugs test at the police station, what's next? Isn't that pretty much it aside from online learning?

Vetting and online learning and then THE CALL!!!!

Advertisement