Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

Mb91 wrote: »
    Does the online learning usually come out after the medical? Or run alongside it?

Not always. It's all up in the air now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Things are changing for the better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

Things are changing for the better

Agree totally. From the day applications closed to when I have my Medical is under 5 months!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Robocop2k16

I think you guys will be getting online learning imminently and provided vetting clears folk very soon, I could see those progressed that far starting in June.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Nap702

And for the rest if us . . .

3 weeks today :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Robocop2k16

28a602d4a28e7392492b24e29f79b4ef.jpg

I think you guys will be getting online learning imminently and provided vetting clears folk very soon, I could see those progressed that far starting in June.

I think you could be right.

Those who's vetting clears quickly be offered June along with any 1509 leftovers

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Lily79

I thought April intake was the last of 1509?

Lily79 wrote: »
    I thought April intake was the last of 1509?

There's still people waiting for vetting...

Almost 3 years on....

That's crazy

• Advertisement

And they wonder why people moved on...

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Rossco22

Right folks, hopefully someone can advise. Just been to my GP to book an appointment for medical, I've been told the earliest date they can give me is 4th May which is no good as it will be after my psni medical date. Any suggestions?

I haven't done my pca yet and don't know what's involved in the appointment with your gp but if it actually necessary for an appointment? Is it possible to tell them what it's for and leave the forms in for them to complete when they can before the date you need them?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Recruit2134

Rossco22 wrote: »
    Right folks, hopefully someone can advise. Just been to my GP to book an appointment for medical, I've been told the earliest date they can give me is 4th May which is no good as it will be after my psni medical date. Any suggestions?

I have the same issue mate. I had no choice but to go in and speak face to face with the receptionist, explain the importance and leave it with them. Even at that they said to check back next week to see if they’ve made any progress.

I’m not very happy about having to leave it with them, but I don’t have any other option.

Does any of your GP share their practice with other gp? If so make try and get an appointment with one of them as their practice should have the same stamp. And access to your records.

You are paying the GP privately to do this for you so it isn't an NHS appointment...

I'd land at the reception desk and just hand an envelope, with the forms in it, to them marked for your GP

"Private, confidential, URGENT"

Include a little slip explaining the situation

They probs think it's a PIP/DLA/ESA/UC form you are looking signed lol

@Nik9 Would it have been possible to leave the forms with the GP or were you required to be present at certain parts of the medical?

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

Tell the receptionist like it is. You've urgent legal documents that need filled in by tomorrow. You're willing to pay the doctor x amount of money to sign them off. It will only take him five minutes etc. That's the angle I would use. The more persistent among us get seen next day, if they can fob you off they will.

ML515 wrote: »
    Tell the receptionist like it is. You've urgent legal documents that need filled in by tomorrow. You're willing to pay the doctor x amount of money to sign them off. It will only take him five minutes etc. That's the angle I would use. The more persistent among us get seen next day, if they can fob you off they will.

Yea i'd be prone to take the same line, have in the past and they just do what i ask now rather than fight back.

@Nik9 Would it have been possible to leave the forms with the GP or were you required to be present at certain parts of the medical?

You can leave them in to be signed. I just didn't want to because it says police on the front cover lol.
    Plus I wanted to ask him about a wording of a question. I fractured my collar bone when I was younger playing rugby but no trouble since. Just didn't know if I had to declare it or not. He told me to just in case and then he wrote up a bit about it too in the comments section saying it was fully healed with no problems.

• Advertisement

NiK9 wrote: »

You can leave them in to be signed. I just didn't want to because it says police on the front cover lol.
    Plus I wanted to ask him about a wording of a question. I fractured my collar bone when I was younger playing rugby but no trouble since. Just didn't know if I had to declare it or not. He told me to just in case and then he wrote up a bit about it too in the comments section saying it was fully healed with no problems.

Hmm, couple of years ago I broke my leg badly requiring metalwork and surgery, so I'll most likely need to be present with the GP to talk about that. I suppose I could go private as an alternative?

Yea but who knows how much that would be lol. I'd try calling every morning and asking for a cancellation or an emergency appointment.

My GP is charging me £65 so might not be much difference haha. Yea might try that. Although I finish work at 6 in the morning during the week so might be tricky haha! I emailed PSNI back earlier anyway, so I'll see what they say on Monday. Cheers for the advice lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭goodburger1

ML515 wrote: »
    Gardocki wrote: »
    Something to keep in mind is that he choices for District change from course to course.

North Down, Lisburn and Antrim were all unavailable for my course but were options for the following batch.

The 'easy' districts. I wonder why no one is moving from there... :pac:
    Easy districts? North down is the 2nd busiest district outside of Belfast

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

28a602d4a28e7392492b24e29f79b4ef.jpg

Ha ha brilliant love it RoboCop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

NiK9 wrote: »
    Njim91 wrote: »
    AC finally over. Feels like I'm playing catch up with people who've already passed PCA (congrats btw!!) I know that this has been touched on before but did anyone find upon leaving the AC that they have no idea at all whether it went horrible wrong or clicked together very well? The report writing seemed to be a downfall for me but everything else seemed to go smoothly :o

Same as most of us. I was happy about my role plays but report writing was my downfall too. Didn't even get last 2 bits started.

Couldnt believe it when the beeper went for the end of the exercise. I think it has been a complete disaster for me this time. Whens the next campaign rumoured to start? :(

No one really knows.

Civil servants running stormount finance have agreed to a pay rise for police.

https://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/crime/pay-increase-is-agreed-for-psni-1-8458398

Did the federation win their motion for NITA to be made pensionable?

• Advertisement

Did the federation win their motion for NITA to be made pensionable?
    Doesn't say.

Advertisement