Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 blacklight77

Passed my PCA last meek and have my medical coming up soon. If the process is potentially being brought forward to June, what kind of notice would we get before starting GV? Sorry if someone has already asked this. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 ldngal18

Passed my PCA last meek and have my medical coming up soon. If the process is potentially being brought forward to June, what kind of notice would we get before starting GV? Sorry if someone has already asked this. Cheers.

I would also like to know the answer to the above! On another note, have you received your online learning link yet buddy?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 blacklight77

ldngal18 wrote: »

I would also like to know the answer to the above! On another note, have you received  your online learning  link yet buddy?
    Yeah got the email with the link today mate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Davidb1988

Lily79 wrote: »
    Davidb1988 wrote: »
    Rossco22 wrote: »
    Davidb1988 wrote: »
    Hi, with online learning out now  - does that run along side medical, substance abuse and vetting? or does that mean that you have passed these?

Runs alongside buddy

Ok cheers. Roughly how long ago did you do your PCA? (I have mine in a couple of weeks time..)

Ours might be the same day :)

Yea could be! Not too sure how many are scheduled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

Am I just seeing what I want to see or does anyone else think that this is just a coincidence...

"The Calls" always go out 5 weeks apart. The last call that went out was last week, 9th-15th April.
    And from what most people assumed that would be the last call for 1509. (Nit including few people who been deferred etc.)

Is it a coincidence that our online learning has to be to finished by the week the next calls are due?!?!?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

NiK9 wrote: »
    Am I just seeing what I want to see or does anyone else think that this is just a coincidence...

"The Calls" always go out 5 weeks apart. The last call that went out was last week, 9th-15th April.
    And from what most people assumed that would be the last call for 1509. (Nit including few people who been deferred etc.)

Is it a coincidence that our online learning has to be to finished by the week the next calls are due?!?!?

That is my thinking. A smaller squad to sweep up the 1509 left overs

Every student in the process that has been fast tracked and awaiting medical is drooling right now lol

Straight out of school/tech/uni into the police. Solid effort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Robocop2k16

Yeap 1509 is down to the absolute dregs in terms of numbers. They will want appointable people asap.

And we could say that in June it will be 6 months from IST result until appointment. Meeting one of the main objectives of this campaign.

By Nik9's estimate.

First squad with remainder of 1509 in June.

Main body starts full squads July/August.

Just for estimate say 40 per squad.

Aug
    Sept
    Oct
    Nov
    Dec
    Jan
    Feb
    Mar
    April
    May
    June

Minus a squad or two to allow staff to catch up.

So take 2 squads from that at 40 each gives

Mean while next campaign launches november/dec/jan....

Last 1710 squad. Say june 2019.

First squad from next campaign ready to roll....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Robocop2k16

By Nik9's estimate.

First squad with remainder of 1509 in June.

Main body starts full squads July/August.

Just for estimate say 40 per squad.

Aug
    Sept
    Oct
    Nov
    Dec
    Jan
    Feb
    Mar
    April
    May
    June

Minus a squad or two to allow staff to catch up.

So take 2 squads from that at 40 each gives

Mean while next campaign launches november/dec/jan....

Last 1710 squad. Say june 2019.

First squad from next campaign ready to roll....

Think you gave me a figuregasm banter.

• Advertisement

Oh I like numbers too...

This current campaign unfortunately is to plug a hole they knew was coming 10 years ago but hey, ours is not to wonder who or why...

Following campaigns will be the building blocks.

Ohhhhhh yip.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Recruit2134

I thought I saw somewhere that there was no intake in July and December.. Does anyone know if this is true?

I could be imagining it! Lol

I thought I saw somewhere that there was no intake in July and December.. Does anyone know if this is true?

You're right they don't start any new classes those months, but any already running continue. And just have designated days off over Xmas and 12th.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Recruit2134

You're right they don't start any new classes those months, but any already running continue. And just have designated days off over Xmas and 12th.

In that case surely an August intake would be the most likely timeframe for 1710? June seems to be too close considering people have notice to work etc.

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Lily79

I seen on one of the other boards that there's usually 4 weeks notice for induction day and then another 4/5 weeks before your first proper day at GV so unless they are going to speed that process up aswell even june seems a little unrealistic

I'm thinking about those who's vetting will clear quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭TheBigLight

Even if they speed the medical and vetting results in May I don't see how a June intake would be likely while still giving people ample notice etc.
    I think Aug/Sept start more likely but will happily be proven wrong if they notify earlier!

Even if they speed the medical and vetting results in May I don't see how a June intake would be likely while still giving people ample notice etc.
    I think Aug/Sept start more likely but will happily be proven wrong if they notify earlier!

There will be students who dont require notice. I think it will be a small squad to enable thouse deferred from 1509 to be loaded onto the course...

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Njim91

I know this has already been looked at before on this forum, but how long were the fast track emails sent out after AC? Not that I'm thinking I may be, but I need a time line to give myself because I'm staring at this phone all day everyday since last week :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 ktrsd

Njim91 wrote: »
    I know this has already been looked at before on this forum, but how long were the fast track emails sent out after AC? Not that I'm thinking I may be, but I need a time line to give myself because I'm staring at this phone all day everyday since last week :o
    I got my email around 6 days after I sat the AC.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭TheBigLight

Njim91 wrote: »

It was about a month after A.C. but I had an early ac date.

There must be a threshold.

If you meet that threshold you are thrown into the pending fast track pile and the othee is the general passes pile

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Adam West

But haven't there only been two selections for fast tracks so far 2 weeks apart? Nothing since then or am I wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 ldngal18

Adam West wrote: »
    But haven't there only been two selections for fast tracks so far 2 weeks apart? Nothing since then or am I wrong?

Yup 2 fast tracked groups. I would assume these groups are going to be the first two squads from this campaign into GV. August and September respectively possibly but who knows.

What I think may happen (of course I don't no anything more than the rest of you)...
    Come 14th-20th May when the next calls would be due they will call all the last 1509ers.

Then to fill the class they will call everyone from 1710 who has passed everything and offer them a spot in merit order. Those who can't do it because of notice etc will be in line for next class.

Although I do agree with some comments about it being short notice because if calls go out 14-18 May with 4-6 weeks notice, the start is very late in June would be the 11th, 18th or 25th as a start date.

Im lucky with my work, im contracted to give 4 weeks resignation notice due to my position and length of employment. But that doesn't mean I have to work the 4 weeks, I can take unpaid leave during that time if needed (or since im in charge of rotas ill change it around and make everyone elses life hell during my last weeks lmao).

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

What I think may happen (of course I don't no anything more than the rest of you)...
    Come 14th-20th May when the next calls would be due they will call all the last 1509ers.

Then to fill the class they will call everyone from 1710 who has passed everything and offer them a spot in merit order. Those who can't do it because of notice etc will be in line for next class.

Although I do agree with some comments about it being short notice because if calls go out 14-18 May with 4-6 weeks notice, the start is very late in June would be the 11th, 18th or 25th as a start date.

Im lucky with my work, im contracted to give 4 weeks resignation notice due to my position and length of employment. But that doesn't mean I have to work the 4 weeks, I can take unpaid leave during that time if needed (or since im in charge of rotas ill change it around and make everyone elses life hell during my last weeks lmao).

Four weeks notice, followed by a four week sickline. See ye.

ML515 wrote: »

Careful. Being paid sick leave whilst in another employment could be considered fraud by misrepresentation. You can just resign. Notice periods aree only if you want paid.

ML515 wrote: »

Careful. Being paid sick leave whilst in another employment could be considered fraud by misrepresentation. You can just resign. Notice periods aree only if you want paid.

I want paid!!! Lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

We'll make an investigative crime fighter out of you yet Banterbus!

Advertisement