Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

NiK9 wrote: »
    ML515 wrote: »
    What I think may happen (of course I don't no anything more than the rest of you)...
    Come 14th-20th May when the next calls would be due they will call all the last 1509ers.

Then to fill the class they will call everyone from 1710 who has passed everything and offer them a spot in merit order. Those who can't do it because of notice etc will be in line for next class.

Although I do agree with some comments about it being short notice because if calls go out 14-18 May with 4-6 weeks notice, the start is very late in June would be the 11th, 18th or 25th as a start date.

Im lucky with my work, im contracted to give 4 weeks resignation notice due to my position and length of employment. But that doesn't mean I have to work the 4 weeks, I can take unpaid leave during that time if needed (or since im in charge of rotas ill change it around and make everyone elses life hell during my last weeks lmao).

Four weeks notice, followed by a four week sickline. See ye.

Careful. Being paid sick leave whilst in another employment could be considered fraud by misrepresentation. You can just resign. Notice periods aree only if you want paid.

I want paid!!! Lol

But technically you will being paid by two employers one under false representation... don't take sick pay whilst working, really bad things will happen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

Na i won't, like I said I'll change rota or take unpaid leave

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Lily79

Out of curiosity does anyone know what the hours are like at gv? Is it set hours e.g. 8-6 now that there is no residential?

Unpaid leave but cash all your remain leave the week before?

Unpaid leave but cash all your remain leave the week before?

With the pay drop while in GV. I'll try and work as much of my notice as I can. If I'm on days I'll work the Fri before GV and if nights I'll finish the Fri morning just to give me the weekend to get back into a decent sleep pattern.

Apart from the obvious reasons I'm really looking forward to GV. I'm a massive morning person (weirdo I know) I'd rather get up at 4/5am go to gym and then classes all day and bed for 9pm than stay up late to train and study lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Mb91

Sorry if it’s been covered 100x but I think I remember reading a way to check on whether vetting has cleared? Has anyone done it for 1710?

Mb91 wrote: »
    Sorry if it’s been covered 100x but I think I remember reading a way to check on whether vetting has cleared? Has anyone done it for 1710?

Vetting won't clear fully until after the SMT.
    But if you want to call anyway. Call 101 and ask to be put through to recruitment.

Just a heads up if anyone has the same issue, my online learning certificate went straight to the junk folder

Just a heads up if anyone has the same issue, my online learning certificate went straight to the junk folder
    You have it finished already??? I havn't even finished week one yet lmao.

Had yesterday and today off work so cracked on with it lol

• Advertisement

Had yesterday and today off work so cracked on with it lol

I did some last night while at work. But going to try and finish it off at home over the next few days.

Credit check for vetting has finally showed up on my experian credit report.
    I've been checking my report daily but it finally updated and it says it was checked at the start of last week lol. Was starting to worry that something was wrong lol.

I've been checking my report daily but it finally updated and it says it was checked at the start of last week lol. Was starting to worry that something was wrong lol.

I don't think they'll do the deeper checks until after medical...

So i'd give it a week after that to ring up and ask.

I should have no issues with the rest of the vetting I was just getting a bit worried that others had seen their credit checks and I couldn't see mine. The rest of mine should fly through.

I should have no issues with the rest of the vetting I was just getting a bit worried that others had seen their credit checks and I couldn't see mine. The rest of mine should fly through.

Alphabetical?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 mrlovalova22

Probably already been covered but can't find it at all in the forum. Anyone know the name of the company that appears on your credit check?

Probably already been covered but can't find it at all in the forum. Anyone know the name of the company that appears on your credit check?

Unless you have applied for credit in the last wee while it should be the only credit file request.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Recruit2134

Not really, I had a lot of checks on mine from when I used comparison websites for car insurance.

@mrlovalova22.. The check will say Police Vetting, so it should be pretty clear!

Not really, I had a lot of checks on mine from when I used comparison websites for car insurance.

@mrlovalova22.. The check will say Police Vetting, so it should be pretty clear!

They ping for your score not your full file...

Police request your full file.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Recruit2134

Regardless, they all still appear in the same list..

Have they done yours yet?

Regardless, they all still appear in the same list..

Have they done yours yet?

Not in the process anymore. My point was not whether they appear or not.

My point was it will be the the only Full File requeat u less you have applied for a loan, finance, tenancy, mortgage, mobile or credit card in the last wee while.

It's a creit report of course all seraches will come up but full file disclosures cost money.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Starsky1

Does anyone know if you are allowed to be in the orange order or in a parading band and be in the police?

Starsky1 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you are allowed to be in the orange order or in a parading band and be in the police?

Think I seen that question somewhere in the 1509 thread but no idea where, but from what I remember you can be.
    Would you really want to be in a band and have to police the parades aswell though?

14 more sleeps until results :D lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

You can, As long as you declare it at vetting.

You can yes but you most notify HR that you are in the order. And you will have to ensure that you have no inappropriate associations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Davidb1988

Goonerdee wrote: »

You can, As long as you declare it at vetting.
    I cant remember seeing anything that the OO would have came under in the vetting form. I was thinking that once attested you declare it then, as a notifiable membership?

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

Good morning everyone..hope your all enjoying the sunshine today ☺️

Two weeks to go for results...won't be long now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

Take into account inappropriate associations. I don't know much about loyalist bands but I do know there are legitimate stand alone bands like the Miller memorial flute band and others who straddle a fine line between marching band and paramilitary unit, decked out in the regalia. Especially those bands who have breached PC determinations.

You know yourself, the 'UVF' bands, Shankill protestant boys and the 'UDA bands' like Ulster first flute are more or less cover names for proscribed organisations.

Advertisement