Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Recruit2134

Same here! Here’s hoping for a call quickly after the medical because I’m losing all motivation in my current job!

Chances are we could be in the same squad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

Same here! Here’s hoping for a call quickly after the medical because I’m losing all motivation in my current job!

Would be amazing. I'm not sure on other people's medical dates but I will have completed every stage even before receiving my AC score lol. Can't believe how quickly they are moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Recruit2134

NiK9 wrote: »

Would be amazing. I'm not sure on other people's medical dates but I will have completed every stage even before receiving my AC score lol. Can't believe how quickly they are moving.

Yeah same here, by the 4th I will have completed everything and be waiting to see my score! I was never expecting that when at the AC!!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭TheBigLight

Yeah same here, by the 4th I will have completed everything and be waiting to see my score! I was never expecting that when at the AC!!

In the same boat by 4th May!

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

So have some you guys passed medical tests and vetting and still not received your AC score yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Rossco22

So have some you guys passed medical tests and vetting and still not received your AC score yet?

Awaiting medical, but all will be done before AC score is given out, yea.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

Well if I was you guys & girls I would be thinking I must have passed the AC ... Because why would they waste money and time progressing people through medicals etc if they hadn't passed. Well done everyone��

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Rossco22

Well if I was you guys & girls I would be thinking I must have passed the AC ... Because why would they waste money and time progressing people through medicals etc if they hadn't passed. Well done everyone��

Yea mate the guys who are in that boat have been fastracked because of how well we performed in the AC. We know we've scored well just don't know our exact score. But thanks bud!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Robocop2k16

You' ll be in the next batch of calls no doubt. Happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Ponif

I’m at a family wedding on the 4th of may, at least I can celebrate or drown my sorrows lol

Same, maybe it's the same wedding lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Bananarama1512

Who knows lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭BlueCop8790

If you guys were lucky to get in, would you guys prefer to work in a more urban or rural area ? Personally I’d prefer to work in an urban area, despite of the workload. I think being thrown into the deep end would help me develop and learn faster.

If you guys were lucky to get in, would you guys prefer to work in a more urban or rural area ? Personally I’d prefer to work in an urban area, despite of the workload. I think being thrown into the deep end would help me develop and learn faster.
    I agree, would enjoy a challenge and a greater work load I think 🀔

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Why not best of both worlds?

Downpatrick
    Newry
    Lisburn
    Armagh
    Banbridge
    Ards and North Down
    Ballymena
    Antrim
    Larne

Why not best of both worlds?

Downpatrick
    Newry
    Lisburn
    Armagh
    Banbridge
    Ards and North Down
    Ballymena
    Antrim
    Larne
    would love ards and north down but that’s where I’m from, I think Ballymena would be an interesting area🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Njim91

Anyone from the South get their vetting email by any chance?

Pretry sure Rossco is from the South

Pretry sure Rossco is from the South

• Registered Users Posts: 16 snickett4

Hi Guys,
    Veteran lurker here. I was lucky enough to be fast tracked, passed my PCA and have my medical shortly. But I've not been pinged on my credit report yet, and I see others are finding out they've cleared vetting (Congrats btw!)
    Anyone in the same boat?

snickett4 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,
    Veteran lurker here. I was lucky enough to be fast tracked, passed my PCA and have my medical shortly. But I've not been pinged on my credit report yet, and I see others are finding out they've cleared vetting (Congrats btw!)
    Anyone in the same boat?

No news is good news just wait out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Nap702

Opinions??

If your AC was around 30th March would you still have had a chance to be fast tracked?

Was this too late on to be considered or if you scored high there was no reason not be fast tracked.

I know it’s hard to say but what do you all think?

Considering a few got emails on 4th April (just after Easter break) getting invited to their PCA.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Faugha

Hi Guys,
    Anyone in the same boat?

In a similar boat also, PCA 2nd May. No pings on credit report and no news from vetting. I’m pried about my vetting so would like to know either way rather than be fast tracked and make it so far then be dear john’d

Nap702 wrote: »
    Opinions??

If your AC was around 30th March would you still have had a chance to be fast tracked?

Was this too late on to be considered or if you scored high there was no reason not be fast tracked.

I know it’s hard to say but what do you all think?

Considering a few got emails on 4th April (just after Easter break) getting invited to their PCA.

Friend of mine had his AC last week, or on the actual last day they took place and found out he’d been fast tracked on Friday past so I’d say if you ain’t heard your waiting untill the 4th May. I had AC 22/4 and news of fast track on 4/4

Faugha wrote: »
    Hi Guys,
    Anyone in the same boat?

In a similar boat also, PCA 2nd May. No pings on credit report and no news from vetting. I’m pried about my vetting so would like to know either way rather than be fast tracked and make it so far then be dear john’d

My credit check wasn't done until the week of my PCA so just give it a wee bit longer.

No one should be worrying about not being fast tracked. Technically everyone is being brought forward by say 2 months since there is potentially 2 classes who have been fast tracked. So just think positivly of it, that there is potentially 2 months less of waiting for everyone :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Nap702

I am glad that’s answered now. I can put my mind at rest instead checking emails everyday. This wait is killing me.

Feeling very doubtful now about progressing further.

I just hope the next campiagn comes quick enough as now I know what to expect and how to improve and prepare for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Rookie23

Nap702 wrote: »
    I am glad that’s answered now. I can put my mind at rest instead checking emails everyday. This wait is killing me.

Feeling very doubtful now about progressing further.

I just hope the next campiagn comes quick enough as now I know what to expect and how to improve and prepare for it.

I'm with you on this one! Hoping the next campaign won't be too far away.

The FOI I submitted to the PSNI was due back today, but apparently there is a backlog in getting the FOI's completed.

No one should be worrying about not being fast tracked. Technically everyone is being brought forward by say 2 months since there is potentially 2 classes who have been fast tracked. So just think positivly of it, that there is potentially 2 months less of waiting for everyone :)

By some stroke of luck I was fast tracked and couldn’t believe it as I walked out thinking no way had I passed. I’m more concerned now about the mistakes of 18yo me preventing me from the career I’ve always wanted (now 33).

PS: long time lurker first time commenting

• Advertisement

Faugha wrote: »

By some stroke of luck I was fast tracked and couldn’t believe it as I walked out thinking no way had I passed. I’m more concerned now about the mistakes of 18yo me preventing me from the career I’ve always wanted (now 33).

PS: long time lurker first time commenting

Great to have you here Faugha, and congrats on getting the Email.

Advertisement