Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Lily79

So from this I'm gathering that another group were fast tracked last Friday?

Obviously the fast tracked people were the high scorers but for everyone else waiting that doesn't mean a fail and like Nik says, everyone is slightly ahead now compared to where they would be if fast track hadn't happened. There's only another week and a half to wait for results so I'm surprised they even went ahead and fast tracked more.

Although I suppose with one group almost finished the process and the second group almost ready to complete pca, why slow down now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Robocop2k16

If there was a 3rd fast track group it will just be the latest folk from AC who scored above the certain threshold.

It doesn't mean they are progressing down a list and that our scores for people who have not heard are getting worse. (Just for a little reassurance)

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Faugha

Lily79 wrote: »
    Although I suppose with one group almost finished the process and the second group almost ready to complete pca, why slow down now.

From what I can gather, only 2 x groups have been fast tracked. The person I know of to get an email quite late on had special circumstances which led to sitting the AC on what I assume was the final day.

Whilst the fast track is great, those that haven’t been must remember that it was purely a means of getting bums in seats in GV ASAP, and that the 4th of May will bring good news to many.

I fail to see the need for the length of time it takes to issue results / complete the process but then again who am I do question.

NiK9 wrote: »
    The FOI I submitted to the PSNI was due back today, but apparently there is a backlog in getting the FOI's completed.

Can I be rude and ask what the FOI was for? I’m terrified of missing something.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Faugha wrote: »
    No one should be worrying about not being fast tracked. Technically everyone is being brought forward by say 2 months since there is potentially 2 classes who have been fast tracked. So just think positivly of it, that there is potentially 2 months less of waiting for everyone :)

By some stroke of luck I was fast tracked and couldn’t believe it as I walked out thinking no way had I passed. I’m more concerned now about the mistakes of 18yo me preventing me from the career I’ve always wanted (now 33).

PS: long time lurker first time commenting

They literally explain what previous convictions and personal behaviours will disqual you or not. The fact that you have made it this far leads me to assume that they were silly miatakes rather than serious offences. So i wouldn't be worrying too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

I just put a post in the AC Thread about what I did during the AC. In case anyone wants to have a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭takodah

So question is: anyone on here who sat AC lastweek been fast tracked yet?
    Also the last of the 2014 recruitment list started this week in GV. Madness that wait

No one should be worrying about not being fast tracked. Technically everyone is being brought forward by say 2 months since there is potentially 2 classes who have been fast tracked. So just think positivly of it, that there is potentially 2 months less of waiting for everyone :)

By some stroke of luck I was fast tracked and couldn’t believe it as I walked out thinking no way had I passed. I’m more concerned now about the mistakes of 18yo me preventing me from the career I’ve always wanted (now 33).

They literally explain what previous convictions and personal behaviours will disqual you or not. The fact that you have made it this far leads me to assume that they were silly miatakes rather than serious offences. So i wouldn't be worrying too much.

Not sure if I’m allowed to post on here what the offences were? But would be keen to know thoughts

The FOI I submitted to the PSNI was due back today, but apparently there is a backlog in getting the FOI's completed.

Can I be rude and ask what the FOI was for? I’m terrified of missing something.

The FOI I submitted asked these....

Dear Police Service of Northern Ireland,

What is the total number of applications received for the 1710 Recruitment Campaign?

Of this total number, how many passed the IST stage?

With regards to some candidates being brought forward to vetting, PCA and Medical before the assessment centre results. How many candidates have advaned on to these stages?

When is the first intake of recruits from 1710 expected to start training as student officers in the Police College Garnerville.

• Advertisement

Very good idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭majgreen

Not sure if I’m allowed to post on here what the offences were? But would be keen to know thoughts

Feel free to pm me and I'll give you a fair idea

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭goodburger1

takodah wrote: »
    Also the last of the 2014 recruitment list started this week in GV. Madness that wait
    Not the last. Still more coming next month

Not the last. Still more coming next month

Any idea how many are left?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Slatprh

Are candidates allocated spots in GV based on their score at the AC? So top scoring get offered first or does no-one really know?

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

Slatprh wrote: »
    Are candidates allocated spots in GV based on their score at the AC? So top scoring get offered first or does no-one really know?

Yeah it's called merit list order. Highest scorers will be asked to complete the remaining stages before others and therefore higher scorers tend to get the call for GV first broadly speaking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭takodah

9 days ...............

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Slatprh

ML515 wrote: »
    Slatprh wrote: »

Yeah it's called merit list order. Highest scorers will be asked to complete the remaining stages before others and therefore higher scorers tend to get the call for GV first broadly speaking.

Great thanks, the wait seems to be killing me 😂

9 days ...............

Single figures. Getting there folks!

Please tell me I'm not the only weirdo who has sat on Google maps and looked at distances to stations I would like to be based at etc. Lol

• Advertisement

Please tell me I'm not the only weirdo who has sat on Google maps and looked at distances to stations I would like to be based at etc. Lol

And if you're like me you say "nahh too much of a trek" for most lol

Haha at the min i travel around 35miles to and from work most days so anything inside that is a positive for me lol.

There is 2 districts I want.
    2 more I'd happily accept
    A 5th that id take as a last resort due to being so close to home.

Is it up to 5 choices of district then?

I would no doubt be put anywhere as I have to move back across the water anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

I think I read back some people were only offered two or three districts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

I’ll wait until I hear my AC result before scouring districts.

You're allowed to tick up to 4 districts and then they choose. I think I'll only be ticking my top 2 choices though. Hoping that will help me get 1 of them. But then again it depends what districts are on offer at the time.

I would ideally like somewhere within 30-45 mins from home. With a family it would be impossible to add maybe an hour and a half travel on at the end of a shift just to get home although where I live there is quite a few possibilities within that range. If only we could pick stations rather than districts!

Online learning finally complete. Wish my medical date would hurry up now lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Rookie23

How did you find the online learning?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Rossco22

I'm in a race against time to get my medical forms back on time before my medical date. Paid double charge to speed up the process and they still couldn't guarantee it would be done on time...

Advertisement