Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

This new process is quite the beast.

No more mental breakdowns from waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭TheBigLight

NiK9 wrote: »
    OMG!!!!
    Literally just got the email saying I passed medical. (Obviously substance misuse will be separate)

Can't believe results are same day!! :):):)

Mine just through as well!
    Super speed results :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

OMG!!!!
    Literally just got the email saying I passed medical. (Obviously substance misuse will be separate)

Congrats :D !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭TheBigLight

OMG!!!!

Congrats :D !!!

Getting exciting now! 😉

Just keep fit now guys all the hard parts of the process are done.

Induction, pre-joining online learning and Day one week one awaits. Be very proud of yourselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Lockie101

Congrats everyone, once you are out there don’t forget about us fallen comrades who weren’t as lucky XD I will be by your side someday guys, just you wait and see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭eslow

Anyone know when the next intake might be?! 😂

eslow wrote: »
    Anyone know when the next intake might be?! 😂

Could be late July or early august for the fast tracked folk to sweep up any 1509 left overs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Robocop2k16

14th May will be 5 weeks from the last batch of calls. Could be 1710s called that week as a good few people will no doubt be appointable by then.

14th May will be 5 weeks from the last batch of calls. Could be 1710s called that week as a good few people will no doubt be appointable by then.

I think they'll wait until after July's festivities lol.

• Advertisement

I think the idea is just to have Garnerville be like a factory now. Juast churning out squad after squad.

1710 list exhausted and next campaign list ready to go and justs rolls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Robocop2k16

I hope so. More frequent campaigns that way.

I hope so. More frequent campaigns that way.

It's what was happening 2001-9

I've always thought an Aug start would be great but now I've passed everything I really want a June start. I just want to hand in my notice lol.

June might be tight for notices and people to gwt their lives in order. Although they may just take a smallee squad of those who are able....

Who knows provisional offers could go out. I.e. you are in, your induction is x date as long as SMT comes back clear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭BlueCop8790

I've always thought an Aug start would be great but now I've passed everything I really want a June start. I just want to hand in my notice lol.
    Congrats nik! Pretty much guaranteed to be in GV then ! The day dreaming of leaving your job begins lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭eslow

So hopefully there will be a new campaign very soon for those of us who weren’t so lucky this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭sparkylarky

Do you think they will actually send the results out on friday or just will it be anytime "from" friday?

Do you think they will actually send the results out on friday or just will it be anytime "from" friday?

The results are meant to be by Fri not from fri. So they could even come tomorrow. But realistically they will come Fri late afternoon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Nap702

If I fail which I think I will, I can’t wait to talk about it. So many questions about it. If your out, your out!!

Nap702 wrote: »
    If I fail which I think I will, I can’t wait to talk about it. So many questions about it. If your out, your out!!
    Don’t forgot you’ve signed forms agreeing to not discuss any information relating to the AC. Although you could be out of the process if you talk about confidential information, you could still get in trouble.

Forget*

If you have questions just ask away. As long as they don't discuss exact details of the assessments.

Firstly the very first exercise . . . Would there be marks given for that? If so how?
    Would it be by what I wrote down in my notebook or by referring back to what I learnt during the other exercises.

Also would the report exercise (last one) be possible to complete without the material that was given out?
    (Yea with the excitement I jumped the gun and forgot about it)

Anymore questions will be too specific I guess

The only exercises you’re graded on are the 3 role plays, 2 action plans and final written exercise. The bit I’m assuming you’re talking about is just to provide you with some background info relating to your role on the day, don’t worry you won’t be graded on it.

The only exercises you’re graded on are the 3 role plays, 2 action plans and final written exercise. The bit I’m assuming you’re talking about is just to provide you with some background info relating to your role on the day, don’t worry you won’t be graded on it.

Can you score marks during a role play by referring back to something you learnt at the start?

Any answers for my second question?

I am just looking forward to Friday to learn how I did. Then from there I know what to work on for next time around.

Can you score marks during a role play by referring back to something you learnt at the start?

Any answers for my second question?

I am just looking forward to Friday to learn how I did. Then from there I know what to work on for next time around.

The short answer is none of us have ever seen the score sheet/grid/list whatever so no one knows...

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Bananarama1512

Does anyone know if it ever said the 4th of may for results on the join psni website or just the sheet we got from Deloitte? Went on to the website and it just says beginning of May no specific date

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Rossco22

Does anyone know if it ever said the 4th of may for results on the join psni website or just the sheet we got from Deloitte? Went on to the website and it just says beginning of May no specific date
    I believe it said at the bottom of one of the emails we received buddy.

Advertisement