Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

Well ladies and Gentlemen the 4th of May is almost upon us.. seems like forever since I did my AC back in March. Waiting nervously for that email to come through... just hoping it's not tears for me again!

Also hope it isn't delayed until Tuesday..or anything crazy like that.

Good luck everyone..hope it all works out well for you too.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Rossco22

Hi folks, received my pass email from my medical yesterday so I'm over the moon. Do we think that includes the SMT result and the whole process is finished or will a separate email come back for that in the coming days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

Rossco22 wrote: »
    Hi folks, received my pass email from my medical yesterday so I'm over the moon. Do we think that includes the SMT result and the whole process is finished or will a separate email come back for that in the coming days?

It doesn't include SMT. But I don't think they will send a separate one for it. Only if it's a fail. Could be wrong though. I think that's us pretty much in the waiting room for a call now lol.

NiK9 wrote: »

It doesn't include SMT. But I don't think they will send a separate one for it. Only if it's a fail. Could be wrong though. I think that's us pretty much in the waiting room for a call now lol.

Excellent cheers mate! I can't wait haha, the closer it's come towards the end the harder it's been to wait on the next stage, hopefully we don't have to wait too much longer!

NiK9 wrote: »

Excellent cheers mate! I can't wait haha, the closer it's come towards the end the harder it's been to wait on the next stage, hopefully we don't have to wait too much longer!

The person who took my hair sample said to me that the PSNI will have SMT results within a week, but he doesnt know when or if we will be told results as he is a contractor and not police staff.

I think this next wait will feel the longest as we dont have an actual date/assessment to look forward to, we are just in limbo.

Although saying that, PSNI should have SMT results by end of next week, so say 11th.
    The online learning has to be complete by 14th. And the next calls are due the week starting the 14th.
    Obviously they will be taking on the last of 1509 but some from our group who have everything passed could be called forward to fill spaces.
    One of the nurses told me there was only 16 or 17 people in the 1509 April class last month. And they want to get classes back up to full size.

• Advertisement

That's a great insight mate, you've got detective written all over you haha. Yea I agree this wait will be the worst due to having no timescale to be contacted by. So ideally they take some of our guys in with the remaining guys from 1509 campaign then. Here's hoping we get a call on the week of 14th lol!

That's a great insight mate, you've got detective written all over you haha. Yea I agree this wait will be the worst due to having no timescale to be contacted by. So ideally they take some of our guys in with the remaining guys from 1509 campaign then. Here's hoping we get a call on the week of 14th lol!

Haha I'll be jumping every time my phone rings.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Faugha

PCA passed and got my email for Medical today. All going along nicely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭BlueCop8790

200w.webp
    Me running to the toilets in work tomorrow when the result emails are out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Let's think about this.

W/C May 14th, 6 weeks notice to start GV.

That gives a start date around 22-26 June.

Bearing in mind you won't be in GV 12th and 13th July as they won't want to pay you double time. Means that you will be in GV the weekend 14th/15th July.

That gives you a solid week and half to do all the admin stuff. Uniform issue, district visit, visit to Uni etc etc.

So yea June is doable.

• Advertisement

oops the gif failed lol

Hope your resignations are typed up and ready to rock

• Registered Users Posts: 32 ktrsd

Passed the physical yesterday, trying now to remember if I have had any sick days the past 3 years for filling out the medical forms. I don't think I have had but I'm second guessing myself. Don't want to put down anything incorrect. Also unsure of how you would ask current employer out of the blue without raising eyebrows. Any suggestions welcome!

ktrsd wrote: »
    Passed the physical yesterday, trying now to remember if I have had any sick days the past 3 years for filling out the medical forms. I don't think I have had but I'm second guessing myself. Don't want to put down anything incorrect. Also unsure of how you would ask current employer out of the blue without raising eyebrows. Any suggestions welcome!

You have right of access. You can ask for any information about yourself...

• Registered Users Posts: 32 ktrsd

Of course, I know they couldn't withhold information or anything. It's just that I'm just friendly with my manager and I know I'll get asked the reason for the request.

Of course, I know they couldn't withhold information or anything. It's just that I'm just friendly with my manager and I know I'll get asked the reason for the request.

Pretend you are gonna make a request for an alternative working pattern. Flexi. And want all info to help you build your request.

It's not meaning the odd sick day here and there from bad food or a cold. It's more talking about days off with a sick line from the Dr.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 ldngal18

Answer to the best of your recollection. Much of the medical questionnaire and indeed the medical itself is to try and weed out people who have conditions that would preclude them and/or are going to do the public sector classic of going off on long term sick leave after a couple of years when they don't get a course that they want etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 39 ldngal18

Answer to the best of your recollection. Much of the medical questionnaire and indeed the medical itself is to try and weed out people who have conditions that would preclude them and/or are going to do the public sector classic of going off on long term sick leave after a couple of years when they don't get a course that they want etc...

ldngal18 wrote: »

Also police unlike the armed forces have to consider reasonable adjustment. Not just a pass or fail. You can pass with reduced ill health benefit reference pension.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Less than 24hours to go! Im beginning to dread the email. If its a fail, I might go completely mad!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Faugha

Anyone know what implications having visited my GP with back pain would have on medical? I’m fine now but went through a spate of a sore back and it cured itself / I manned up.

Faugha wrote: »
    Anyone know what implications having visited my GP with back pain would have on medical? I’m fine now but went through a spate of a sore back and it cured itself / I manned up.

Were you diagnosed with anything that would indicate a functional restriction?

Faugha wrote: »

As long as it is healed it is fine. I broke my collar bone playing rugby and declared it. My GP also wrote a note on it and said it was fully healed. They asked me if I ever had any problems now I said no and they moved onto next question.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭KN1231999

i fully expect the fail email, anything different i think i might jump through the roof.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Rookie23

Was secretly hoping that they would have surprised us and sent out the E-mail today.. wishful thinking I know.
    Scary to think this time tomorrow (all being well) we will know..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭eslow

Actually been thinking the same all day! I just hope it is tomorrow and we aren’t in for another few weeks wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Rookie23

These last 2 days have been worse than the last 2 months!

Could you imagine the turmoil on here if the results didn’t come out tomorrow lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭KN1231999

Im guessing it will be tomorrow, sheer to the fact we received our IST results around 10am Friday morning. so im guessing it will be around the same time again.

Advertisement