Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Robocop2k16

ad_216370090.jpg?w=748&h=498&crop=1

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

This could be me tomorrow-

https://goo.gl/images/7Tf6ef

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭TheBigLight

This could be me tomorrow-

https://goo.gl/images/7Tf6ef

Hopefully it will be a happy dance and not that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭takodah

KN1231999 wrote: »
    Im guessing it will be tomorrow, sheer to the fact we received our IST results around 10am Friday morning. so im guessing it will be around the same time again.

I didn’t get mine to around 12 that day so who knows what time. Earlier the better ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Bananarama1512

I don’t even want to check my emails tomorrow anymore 😳

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Faugha

NiK9 wrote: »
    Faugha wrote: »
    Anyone know what implications having visited my GP with back pain would have on medical? I’m fine now but went through a spate of a sore back and it cured itself / I manned up.

As long as it is healed it is fine. I broke my collar bone playing rugby and declared it. My GP also wrote a note on it and said it was fully healed. They asked me if I ever had any problems now I said no and they moved onto next question.

No it was literally just me moaning to doctor and was referred to physio but never went as it got better

• Registered Users Posts: 24 countrymusic1

Hey
    First time poster here!
    I failed my PCA yesterday and I am gutted. I know this probably sounds like an excuse but it really isnt but did anyone else today or anyone who has already done the PCA find it really hard to breathe in the EXTREMELY dry air in the hall? I would consider myself fit and at the familiarisation I was able to do all the things but I honestly could not get my breath and feel this really let me down. So annoyed!😣

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭TheBigLight

Hey
    First time poster here!
    I failed my PCA yesterday and I am gutted. I know this probably sounds like an excuse but it really isnt but did anyone else today or anyone who has already done the PCA find it really hard to breathe in the EXTREMELY dry air in the hall? I would consider myself fit and at the familiarisation I was able to do all the things but I honestly could not get my breath and feel this really let me down. So annoyed!😣
    Hey
    First time poster here!
    Hey
    First time poster here!

Yeah it's tight on the lungs in the hall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Nap702

Hey
    First time poster here!

Maybe being nervous contributed to it

HeyFirst time poster here!I failed my PCA yesterday and I am gutted. I know this probably sounds like an excuse but it really isnt but did anyone else today or anyone who has already done the PCA find it really hard to breathe in the EXTREMELY dry air in the hall? I would consider myself fit and at the familiarisation I was able to do all the things but I honestly could not get my breath and feel this really let me down. So annoyed!😣
    Nap702 wrote: »
    Hey
    First time poster here!

That's the thing though, I wasn't nervous going in-I felt ready to do it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Faugha

Hey
    First time poster here!

Hi,

I was there yesterday and narrowly passed. I have chest infection and struggled for breath from the end of lap one and also hit the bar coming down the steps each lap, I missed a cone first lap and had to re run round it. I came out feeling as though everyone was looking at me, red faced and panting but I gave it my all. I heard almost everyone say the air was dry and hard to catch a breath. I personally didn’t really get this, as I say, I’ve a chest infection so it already caught me. How far out were you? If not by much then relax and take it as a practice. Train your ass off for 12 weeks, even buy one of those altitude masks and that should prepare you extra well. You can do it, you have a second chance. Use it. It was by no means easy and designed to truly test a person I think. Don’t be disheartened - easy said, but had you failed AC, you’d have no second chance so just give it your all.

HeyFirst time poster here!I failed my PCA yesterday and I am gutted. I know this probably sounds like an excuse but it really isnt but did anyone else today or anyone who has already done the PCA find it really hard to breathe in the EXTREMELY dry air in the hall? I would consider myself fit and at the familiarisation I was able to do all the things but I honestly could not get my breath and feel this really let me down. So annoyed!😣
    Hey
    First time poster here!

DO you get another go?

Hey
    First time poster here!

DO you get another go?
    Yes i get another go thankfully!

Faugha wrote: »
    Hey
    First time poster here!

Hi,

I was there yesterday and narrowly passed. I have chest infection and struggled for breath from the end of lap one and also hit the bar coming down the steps each lap, I missed a cone first lap and had to re run round it. I came out feeling as though everyone was looking at me, red faced and panting but I gave it my all. I heard almost everyone say the air was dry and hard to catch a breath. I personally didn’t really get this, as I say, I’ve a chest infection so it already caught me. How far out were you? If not by much then relax and take it as a practice. Train your ass off for 12 weeks, even buy one of those altitude masks and that should prepare you extra well. You can do it, you have a second chance. Use it. It was by no means easy and designed to truly test a person I think. Don’t be disheartened - easy said, but had you failed AC, you’d have no second chance so just give it your all.
    Thanks for the help! :) I have enlisted the help of a Personal Trainer for help on breathing and technique. Maybe I went too quick at the start also so a combination of both probably done me no favours. Just need to work hard and pace myself better! Also great idea about the altitude mask so i will definitely take this on board!

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Ciano1997

Guess I'm just reading through these post. You'd say there'll be another recruitment soon, could you guess when? I'm from Dublin, I know AGS will be recruiting again in the summer, hopefully I'm 2nd time lucky as I got to stage 3/4🙈

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Ciano1997 wrote: »
    Guess I'm just reading through these post. You'd say there'll be another recruitment soon, could you guess when? I'm from Dublin, I know AGS will be recruiting again in the summer, hopefully I'm 2nd time lucky as I got to stage 3/4🙈

I'd say Jan/Feb 2019. What does everyone else think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

Hey
    First time poster here!

Yea everyone finds it very dry. I had a cough for days after it. Just have to push through it. Make sure you go to the training sessions if possible and good luck on your second attempt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

I'd say Jan/Feb 2019. What does everyone else think?

Yea I was gonna say the very end of 2018 or start of 2019.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Give them plenty of time to clear the 1710 merit list.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭KN1231999

I would love to apply for AGS but i can barely speak any Irish :(

• Advertisement

NiK9 wrote: »
    Hey
    First time poster here!

Yea everyone finds it very dry. I had a cough for days after it. Just have to push through it. Make sure you go to the training sessions if possible and good luck on your second attempt

I will definitely be going to the training sessions! Thanks very much :)

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Rossco22

Good luck today folks, hope everyone gets the news they're hoping for!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Lily79

Hey
    First time poster here!

I also failed yesterday and I would say by the look of the letters being handed out around half of the group also failed. It's frustrating because it looks like it should be easy and it really isn't! The dry air was horrendous. I had a clean run, no mistakes to redo but maybe I was over cautious. I guess I'll see you at the support sessions :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭eslow

Finally the day has arrived! Good luck everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

Morning all...May the 4th be with us all!

Now I'm turning my phone off until tomorrow morning ha ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Bananarama1512

Good luck guys, the long awaited day is here. Now I’m dreading the email

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Lily79

Good luck everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Rookie23

Good luck everybody not to sure how I feel about today. Excitement and a bit of dread. It's been great having these boards as a support system!! Here's hoping it's good news

Good luck everyone!! Any one that does not get it just remember we will all get another go eventually and next time we work together and smash it!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Tom_90

I need to turn off email notifications for this forum! Everytime I see I have an email my heart stops

Advertisement