Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Ponif

64 grade B, really thought I cocked it up well happy at that result

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Ponif

64 grade B, really thought I cocked it up well happy at that result

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

60-65% here. Very thankful. Sincere commiserations to anyone who missed it this time.

Awesome buddy well done

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭NemesisEejit

So, on to the PCA. I guess my half-marathon training will have to wait, though maybe I can use this as an excuse to get out of squats and deadlifts at the gym ;p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Rookie23 wrote: »
    Also looking like next recruitment Autumn 2018

How so, do tell, please god be right

Email said to encourage applications for the next recruitment expected Autumn 18

That's not a good sign.

Means they can't guarantee you'll get in even if you have passed AC.

But then they told the 2nd half of 1509 the same thing

What do you mean Banterbus?

They just mean that you shouls still apply for the next campaign when it opens if youbaren't in GV by then.

• Advertisement

Got my email... haven't opened it yet argghhh

• Registered Users Posts: 19 SUFTUM95

I had completely written everything off and forgotten all about it! AC was probably the worst day of my life. BUT somehow got the email today to say I had passed the AC. Only scraped it, but a pass is a pass! Well done folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Rookie23

Email said to encourage applications for the next recruitment expected Autumn 18

That's not a good sign.

They just mean that you shouls still apply for the next campaign when it opens if youbaren't in GV by then.

Oh yes I was planning on that can't risk it but a pass is a pass right? So everything chance we will get the call eventually?

That's not a good sign.

Oh yes I was planning on that can't risk it but a pass is a pass right? So everything chance we will get the call eventually?

Nothing wrong with a contingency plan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Only just passed, thank goodness I did well in the first exercises because the last two had abysmal scores. Though if they are recruiting so quick wonder what happens to those like me, at the bottom of the barrel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 Adam261

Just to clarify is a pass a pass?so it’s a matter of when you get called to GV not if(pending the PCA,vetting etc)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

Adam261 wrote: »
    Just to clarify is a pass a pass?so it’s a matter of when you get called to GV not if(pending the PCA,vetting etc)?
    In previous campaigns they have cut people off. A friend of mine passed PCA in 2014 and was binned because of budget or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭sparkylarky

I passed somehow lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭takodah

See yous at the next stage guys ;) well
    Done tho those that passed and tho those who didn’t keep the head up. Out this weekend for sure :)

Adam261 wrote: »
    In previous campaigns they have cut people off. A friend of mine passed PCA in 2014 and was binned because of budget or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

All campaigns with the exception of 1509 has cut people off. I think 1509 got the exception because they werent sure when they would recruit again. This date of Autumn 2018 is a bit worrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Lily79

Well done everyone that passed and for anyone that got bad news the next recruitment is potentially only months away! I was in the 70-75 bracket so I'm delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭NemesisEejit

I don't really agree with the merit list. The AC is a fairly crap process. I guess they are doing the best they can. Really it only says "This person is ready to be trained as a constable" or "this person is not yet ready to be trained as a constable". As a means for determining the rough order of admission to Garnerville I guess it is legitimate, but to cut people off eventually, even if they have passed, in favour of a new batch of potential recruits who get a higher mark the next time round... that takes a lot of faith in the AC. The difference between an 80 and a 50 could be nothing more than expensive AC classes or a helping hand from a serving constable, or even just nerves.
    None of us are even close to being ready to exercise the powers of a constable no matter our AC score.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Coco2070

Sweet baby Jesus, was not expecting that. Pass 60-65%. Yeeeooooo. Well done to you guys who passed and to those who didn’t, keep the faith you will get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Bananarama1512

I passed 70-75 so pleased

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Adam West

Passed. Between 60-65%, over the moon

Those action plans let me down but thankfully didn't dent my overall score

Roll on the PCA

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Ash1008

Adam West wrote: »

Roll on the PCA

Any ideas when it will be?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Lily79

For those of us that were fast tracked pca was approx a month after our email but obviously there will be a lot more people to get through now

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Slatprh

So am I right in thinking that the stages will progress as PCA>Online Learning>Medical and vetting somewhere inbetween??

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Rookie23

I don't really agree with the merit list. The AC is a fairly crap process. I guess they are doing the best they can. Really it only says "This person is ready to be trained as a constable" or "this person is not yet ready to be trained as a constable". As a means for determining the rough order of admission to Garnerville I guess it is legitimate, but to cut people off eventually, even if they have passed, in favour of a new batch of potential recruits who get a higher mark the next time round... that takes a lot of faith in the AC. The difference between an 80 and a 50 could be nothing more than expensive AC classes or a helping hand from a serving constable, or even just nerves.
    None of us are even close to being ready to exercise the powers of a constable no matter our AC score.

You just said it all, couldn't agree more!!

Slatprh wrote: »
    So am I right in thinking that the stages will progress as PCA>Online Learning>Medical and vetting somewhere inbetween??

It appears some stages are run concurrently

Well I finally plucked up the courage and opened my email...and I've passed!

I got 50...so I've only just made it! 😌😌

Im really happy but I do realise I'm away down the score list so will just have to keep my fingers crossed for the future.

Congratulations to everyone who has passed today and my thoughts to those who haven't.

Ash1008 wrote: »
    Adam West wrote: »

Roll on the PCA

Any ideas when it will be?

It will go in order of merit list. 67.5-70 could be next month 65-67.5 the month after. Just an example of the scores. The lower the score the longer the wait to start moving forward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭BlueCop8790

Well just got my result and unfortunately it wasn’t good news. Absolutely gutted as I want this so bad, but what will be will be. What makes it worse is that I got an A and A* but the final role play and report is what let me down.Delighted to see that a good amount of boardies have passed. Hopefully when I return to the boards for the next campaign I’ll find you lot are in GV or already out on the ground. All the best.

• Advertisement

Well just got my result and unfortunately it wasn’t good news. Absolutely gutted as I want this so bad, but what will be will be. What makes it worse is that I got an A and A* but the final role play and report is what let me down.Delighted to see that a good amount of boardies have passed. Hopefully when I return to the boards for the next campaign I’ll find you lot are in GV or already out on the ground. All the best.

Sorry Bluecop..next time you will make it

Advertisement